Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

Charizard Blister

Hey Guys. I apoligize in advance if i do something wrong, post in wrong area etc. im kinda new :rolleyes: I am currently trying to make a charizard deck ( 3-2-3 Charizard, 2-2-2 Typhlosion prime, 2-2 ninetails) but i cant get a hold of a charizard arceus blister pack. i all ready have the ninetails and typhlosions. i tried like 3 targets and toys r us, and im afraid i might not be able to find them. Does anyone know where i might find them? (i need 3 packs) Thanks- Charizard_starter :)

RE: Charizard Blister

If you are looking for the specific Arceus packs, check on ebay or even amazon; who will most likely have the lowest price. But sites like troll and toad or collectors cache will definitely have the packs, just not for the same low price. But since I assume that what you really need is the 'Fire Formation' charizard from Arceus, I would suggest doing the same as finding Arceus packs online. Because the card is out of format, it will most likely be cheap on any legitimate website. Alsoit's the best bet to get charizard in comparison to opening packs and hoping you get him.
And BTW, just because a blister pack has a picture of a specific pokemon on it won't make it any more likely to get the same pokemon in the pack.

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

I believe charizard_starter is talking about this item, a promo pack that contains an alternate-holo version (broken glass) of the Charizard card from the Arceus expansion set.

Those packs are somewhat hard to find since they've been out of print for a while. You're probably better off searching for singles of those particular cards; the Charmander and Charmeleons should be relatively cheap since they're just common/uncommon, and the Charizard can be found on sites like Troll and Toad ($6-$8, pack only), Collector's Cache ($6, pack or promo), etc.

If you're dead-set on finding the blister packs with the full evolution line, I wish you the best of luck. Since they're out of print, they won't be easy to find. Occasionally searching Ebay might turn up some at some point, otherwise I would check around at various big box retailers, even multiple stores of the same type. I know where I used to live in the US (Chicago area), there was a local Meijer and a local Target that still had some of those promo blisters as late as last year. Basically, you just have to get lucky.

Artemis said:
I believe charizard_starter is talking about this item, a promo pack that contains an alternate-holo version (broken glass) of the Charizard card from the Arceus expansion set.

Those packs are somewhat hard to find since they've been out of print for a while. You're probably better off searching for singles of those particular cards; the Charmander and Charmeleons should be relatively cheap since they're just common/uncommon, and the Charizard can be found on sites like Troll and Toad ($6-$8, pack only), Collector's Cache ($6, pack or promo), etc.

If you're dead-set on finding the blister packs with the full evolution line, I wish you the best of luck. Since they're out of print, they won't be easy to find. Occasionally searching Ebay might turn up some at some point, otherwise I would check around at various big box retailers, even multiple stores of the same type. I know where I used to live in the US (Chicago area), there was a local Meijer and a local Target that still had some of those promo blisters as late as last year. Basically, you just have to get lucky.
Yes, it is. Thanks for the heads up. I guess thats what i will do. im gonna check a few more targets, than if not, the internet (ebay) Thanks again :) Charizard_starter

which theme deck has N?

i need N, only thing to complete this deck. My league leader said a theme deck has N but he was unaware which one, please help :)

RE: which theme deck has N?

DarkraiGuy said:
i need N, only thing to complete this deck. My league leader said a theme deck has N but he was unaware which one, please help :)

Fast Daze and Furious Knights from Noble Victories both come with one N card in the deck.

I've seen both decks at a few local Targets.
Both are reduced in price to $9.99 each.

Of course then they have them in the blister things with 2 old packs (like Call of Legends) for $19.99...
Some are even in those "Rivals" boxes that come with 3 boosters, and a 1-1-1 line of Stoutland for $19.99.

Fast Daze also comes with 2 Cheren
Furious Knights also comes with 2 Bianca

I will order single cards online in that case thanks, I wish starter decks would contain more supporters and trainer haha, as that is what throws new players off as far as the ratio of trainers to pokemon to energy in a deck

I am looking for a sealed 1st ED Base Set Box. I had one, but sold it for a tad bit over 6000$ . What are they worth today? Around 7k? Thxxx

Jungletoad said:
I am looking for a sealed 1st ED Base Set Box. I had one, but sold it for a tad bit over 6000$ . What are they worth today? Around 7k? Thxxx

Tough question to answer. It could fluctuate anywhere from 5k-8k depending on who is buying it and when. I'd be surprised to see it go below 5k or above 8k - I think I am in the approximate range but maybe someone here knows of actual recent sales...

Jungletoad said:

I have not looked at them recently; however, I can tell you in the past 6 months they have dropped a bit in price. I saw a few sell as high as $9K but since then, more have cropped up on eBay yielding a general decrease in asking prices. You should be able to nab one around $6.5-7K but, as I said, I have not looked at them too recently so maybe not.

Japanese Pokemon Stuff

Hey so I was looking a little on amazons japanese pokemon website, now i am aware most everything is not international shipping. Is there any website that does sell some of these products to USA? I am looking for Plushies, Sleeves Japanese cards, figures ect.. Not some of the things like lamps and other very specific things I doubt are worldwide distributed. Does anyone know of a good webiste that sells what I am looking for? I'd really like a website other than our amazon or ebay. thanks guys

RE: Japanese Pokemon Stuff

DarkraiGuy said:
Hey so I was looking a little on amazons japanese pokemon website, now i am aware most everything is not international shipping. Is there any website that does sell some of these products to USA? I am looking for Plushies, Sleeves Japanese cards, figures ect.. Not some of the things like lamps and other very specific things I doubt are worldwide distributed. Does anyone know of a good webiste that sells what I am looking for? I'd really like a website other than our amazon or ebay. thanks guys

I specialize in Japanese cards, as does Pokevault. Pokevault also has plushies, sleeves, and other goodies that I can't carry.

Your other option is to use Yahoo japan auctions and go through a middle man service to get what you want, which can be time consuming and involve lots of fees that you will learn about the hard way :p

EDIT: Forgot to mention CardcollectorUK, as well as Collector's Cache

bagoly14 said:
DarkraiGuy said:

I specialize in Japanese cards, as does Pokevault. Pokevault also has plushies, sleeves, and other goodies that I can't carry.

Your other option is to use Yahoo japan auctions and go through a middle man service to get what you want, which can be time consuming and involve lots of fees that you will learn about the hard way :p

EDIT: Forgot to mention CardcollectorUK, as well as Collector's Cache

Thanks! Ive been on Pokevault, so far is my favorite:)

DarkraiGuy said:
Thanks! Ive been on Pokevault, so far is my favorite:)

:( LOL

Pokevault has been around for a very long time and the owner is very straightforward and easy to deal with.

I agree Brian ships fast and describes his items very well.

TCG International Release Dates

Hi,

I've been searching high and low for the release dates for each set of cards in different countries - starting from the Base Set.

Bulbapedia shows the US, Japan, Germany and France release dates (Base Set).

I think with regard to the newer sets the information will be easier to obtain.

I have also contacted Pokemon and WOTC and all data is lost - apparently.

Any help, whether it be actual dates for sets or a site which I haven't come across yet would be much appreciated.

Kind regards.

Well I am pretty sure, that Bulbapedia lists all English and Japanese sets, as for European countries, the Pokémon scene isn't all big there. This does mean I believe they didn't get all sets, as for the sets they did get. I gather roughly around the time of the English releases.

I know Spain didn't get all the sets, same as Korea.

Is the Green variant of the Japanese 2010 Pikachu world collection card hard to get cus i didnt see one on ebay

Back