The Collector's Showcase: Post Pictures of Any Type of Pokémon Collection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daelum said:
MountainDrew said:
My Gold Star collection featuring Charmander:
http://www.photoshop.com/users/Titansfan24/assets/1454e135011c4bd8ac7f435956b9af50

I really like that case! Where'd ya get it?

I got it at a garage sale for 50 cents still sealed xD

elam18 said:
Daelum said:
I really like that case! Where'd ya get it?

I have one similar to his that's a 3x1... the pokemon thingy is just a sticker. I'm trying to get rid of it ._.

Yeah it had Mudkip,Treecko,Torchic,and Whismer where the cards are suppose to be when it was sealed.

What do you guys think of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130921154175?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

theducktamer said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130921154175?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Wow. I had no idea those cards existed.

I take it you purchased the lot? It seems fairly priced.

Yeah I did. I really want to see the cards in person to see if they're real or not. I had no idea they existed either. I knew that there were some in the Thunderstorm giftbox, but I never knew that there is potentially an entire set of these out there!

So is there a Jungle set too? How can you tell the difference? I thought Fossil was 1999-2000 already. I'd have to look at my cards though haha

Base, Jungle and Fossil were originally released with just the 1999 copyright. So far I've seen proof of Base Set (obviously lol) and Fossil with the 1999-2000 copyright. I've heard rumors for a Jungle set as well, but I've never personally seen any. I would love to ask a former WOTC employee about this!

theducktamer : Hi there, since I'm from the UK I went through my cards to back up your purchase and found loads. I included a picture of some Fossil Psyducks printed 1999-2000 as you seem to like ducks.

I have hundreds of cards printed 1999-2000 from the Base and Fossil sets but not a single one from Jungle.

image_zpsf4061486.jpg

Kasumi said:
theducktamer : Hi there, since I'm from the UK I went through my cards to back up your purchase and found loads. I included a picture of some Fossil Psyducks printed 1999-2000 as you seem to like ducks.

I have hundreds of cards printed 1999-2000 from the Base and Fossil sets but not a single one from Jungle.

image_zpsf4061486.jpg

Probably the best post I've seen on these forums besides Daelum's Jumbo summary :cool:

Kasumi said:

image_zpsf4061486.jpg

Is it possible that Jungle didnt get a UK print run?

I seriously doubt it. I just got a few jungle cards from a kid in the UK, and he claims they are legit.

theducktamer said:

Ugh.

MORE variations?! Normally, I would think this was cool, but now it just means more cards for me to collect, which means more money for me to spend.

On a more optimistic viewpoint, I think it is cool that the pokemon community is still finding stuff like this out from so long ago. Definitely looking forward to completing a set!

Is there any way to tell if a theme deck is 1999 or 1999-2000? I'd assume by the copyright date on the back, but is this for sure?

I found one thru my extra cards in my trade binder and found a zapdos 1999-2000

If anyone finds Fossil cards like this, please let me know. ;) The only holo I have is Zapdos.

And yes, the only way to tell if a theme deck is 1999-2000 is by the date on the back. :)

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Wait, whats so special about the 1999-2000 print run? They are worth more?

For the Fossil set, the print run is special because we just found out that there might be a full set of this print run. A week ago I personally had no idea this print run exists.

The cards may or may not end up being worth more - they haven't been popularized enough and long enough for any definite answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back