The Collector's Showcase: Post Pictures of Any Type of Pokémon Collection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinnohTrainer17

ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
The Collector's Showcase
Post pictures and discuss your collections!​

Welcome to the Collector's Showcase! This is a place for casual and serious collectors alike to post and share their collections with the PB community. Here you can post pictures of *anything* Pokémon related in your collection, or simply discuss your collection. This spans all the way from plush to TCG! Did you make any recent additions to your collection? Or did you finally get that one card you never thought you'd own? This is for you!

Pictures are not required to post here in this thread. Trades can be discussed via Private Message or the Trading Corner, but not on this thread.

Otherwise, have a fun time and dust off the camera! :)

How to Post Pictures:

Note: Windows users can crop photos using Microsoft Office Picture Manager or Windows Live Photo Gallery.

1. Upload a picture to your preferred image database such as ImageShack or Photobucket. These websites will require you to sign up but it only takes a moment of your time and they are fairly straightforward to use. Alternatively, tinypic does not require you to make an account to upload pictures.

2. Copy a direct link to the image you wish to share.

3. Insert the link into the following code and post it to share with your fellow PB members!

Code:
[spoiler]
[IMG]This space is where you insert a direct link to your image.[/IMG]
[/spoiler]

When posting large images, please use the spoiler tags in the code above.

Thanks for reading!

If you have a question, send a PM to [smod]omahanime[/smod].

RE: Collector's Showcase

Ooooh so many things I could post about here!

I collect a bit of everything in the TCG. I'd class myself as a serious collector with the amount of funds I dedicate to the game, and some of the pearls I've acquired over time. I have a lot of complete JP and English sets, and a lot of promos. My Japanese card collection is much more exotic and doted upon, and I'm proud of how far I've gotten with it in only 4 years since I started collecting again. My collection site is linked in my signature, and I'm slowly scanning my collection as both a public catalog for people to enjoy, and a private catalog for myself to keep track of what I've got and what I'm missing.

The set I most recently finished was the PLAY promotional cards from 2003-6, as I finally got these two:
glory2.jpg

glory3.jpg

Some of my most beloved cards in my collection are these:
I-like-too-much.jpg

Most of them have a personal history, were gifts, or special acquires from myself. Too many stories to post here, but maybe down the track I can expand, or if people want to know I could always talk about them!

Finally, the latest addition to my family is the University Magikarp promo from 1998. (Not my scan, mine is due to be shipped out this weekend.) I'm very excited to get this guy. The exact number is unknown but it's suspected there are only 30-100 of these in circulation around the world.

I'd love to see this thread really bloom. Here's hoping that people will contribute collection scans or photos :)

^Agh, I collect Magikarps! Were'd you get that 1998 promo one? I collect certain Pokemon:
Eevee/Umbreon
Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu
Magikarp/Gyarados
Latios/Latias
Absol
Ditto
Porygon
Mew/Mewtwo
It's soo hard for me to get all the English and Japanese versions of these cards. In fact, I'm selling my other cards (except my prized deck and maybe some other pre-decks) and the money I get from those I will try to buy that Japanese Umbreon Star as seen in viper.fox's collection. If anyone has something cool that they are willing to sell, please PM me! :D

viper, you have some high dollar cards in your collection. The most valuable card In my collection is my Pikachu M lv.x. What is the mewtwo in the bottom left corner called, and what is its value?

^It's the Jp GB one (like out Meowth/Dragonite).
Anyways, I'll take a few photo's or even a video of my collections.

@Light Venusaur: It's funny, that's what I was thinking. I'd love to compile a list of usernames and links to photo's and videos of their collections in this thread. ORGANIZATION IS FUN, GUYS. Speaking of organization, I need to get to reorganizing my binders. What does everyone else think is the most efficient way to organize/order your trading cards? Type? Pokedex number? Set name and set number?

^I sort my cards out by sets.
As for Arceus/Ex's/Stars/PR promo's/Lv.X's/Shinys/Reprints/Primes/Legends, I put them into a special folder/binder (I use the LM & SV 9-pocket one).

That's what I've been doing. Being a 'retro' collector and just returning to the hobby of collecting after the entire DP/HGSS series, I have my ex sets, and my 1st Gen/2nd Gen sets in order from oldest-newest. When I was young, I had them in order of Pokedex #, but that got nasty- fast.

@PikachewTofu
re: Magikarp
Private sale. Simply was right place, right time, and a very considerate and kind seller who was both happy to wait for payments to start and also take payment plans. Ended up costing me around $800AUD converted, but a very nice price for a hard to get card. I'm so stoked! It's probably going to arrive in the new year at this rate, so it'll be a brilliant way to start off 2011 for me. If you'd like I can always keep an eye out in the collecting circles for you if another pops up?

@konter_j8902
re: Mewtwo
GB Mewtwo. 2001 promo, and price seems to vary. I scored mine with the GB Lugia and the actual Game Boy game, so that set me back about $90USD since the game and cards were immaculate. I've seen them go for about $15-$60, though. Depends on if it's eBay or Yahoo Japan.

So this isn't just me throwing text everywhere, have another photo:
iphotoscreensnapz013.jpg

(I really love taking dynamic photos of some of my rarer/shinier cards, they're just so fun to work with if you've got the right lighting.)

RE: Collector's Showcase - Please try to post a picture!

Wow, those cards are epic viper.fox. For some reason, I think the Japanese cards look better than ours. I don't know, maybe I'm just a freak. And also, viper.fox, that would be awesome if you could keep an eye out for that card. I'd be SOO grateful if you could. :D

VF: (in english cards)
Out of your Jp Lv.X pile I've got:
Drapion Lv.X
Blaziken FB Lv.X
Lucian's Alakazam Lv.X
Hippowdon Lv.X
Salamence Lv.X
Cynthia's Raquaza Lv.X

Is the one under Volkner's Luxray Lv.X, Glacia Lv.X/Palkia G Lv.X (sam w/Drapion Lv.X)?

Also AUD$800.00 for just one card, holy Miltank...I would never pay that much for a card (maybe for the Eeveelution Poké Dolls...but that's a different story, as well as a payment plan).

Every 1st Edition English card made.
First Editions.jpg

Not a very good picture :/

Aahh viper Fox, I'll always love your amazing TCG collection. x3​

@viper.fox: Your pictures are stunning! The cards look beautiful in these shots!
I'd like to get some shots up tonight. My digital camera is being a pest at this moment. I may have to resort to my "meh" quality webcam :X Also, @Shakespeare, your collection is looking very nice, as well. I'm not much of a serious collector, so I don't hunt out the older cards on eBay. I just try to collect whatever I can find in stores.

This picture was taken in January 2010. The picture represents every complete U.S. Set in print through 2009 (all 1st Edition sets, Unlimited sets, and Reverse Sets) from the Original Base Set to Platinum Arceus (9184 cards). In addition, the promos are in the bottom right (~750 cards). All 9 binders are 4 inches wide. The collection is on YouTube.
DSC02320.jpg

Spoiler tags added for large image. ~Athena

@Shakespeare
I've always admired your dedication to the english TCG.

@jennrummymeister
Oh ho HO I've seen your videos on YT before, and your binders amaze me.

If I can get some cleaning done so I have some space to lay things out I'll have to do some binder shots on my end, too. ;D

@jennrummymeister, it's people like you who persuade me to start collecting again. Keep up the good work, your collection is amazing! :)

@viper.fox
I admire your collection too. Some Japanese cards are just too exclusive. I could never amass a collection like yours.

@viper.fox Thanks! You're a hero going for the Japanese cards. (Umbreon 026 = W.O.W. xD) It's been a dream of mine to get them too, but it may remain only that, a dream. As Shakespeare said, too many of them are very limited print.

@PikachewTofu Thanks! I'm glad I inspired you!

@jennrummy~ Do you have EVERY card through Arceus? Even the RH versions? Also, are you collecting the HGSS series too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back