Plasma Freeze Discussion

RE: Anyone getting a freeze box?

I sold my 2 Plasma Storm boxes from my Regionals winnings to buy two Plasma Freeze boxes. It's nice to have a boost towards a Plasma deck since it would otherwise be hellishly expensive.

Blah said:
I sold my 2 Plasma Storm boxes from my Regionals winnings to buy two Plasma Freeze boxes. It's nice to have a boost towards a Plasma deck since it would otherwise be hellishly expensive.
tbh I was thinking of starting a online petition to get the US system to be more like the JPN system, its kinda stupid we have to pay way more to play the same cards they do <<;

I'll be most likely to get a Plasma Freeze Booster Box I just hope for Shiny Ultra Ball,Full Art Juniper,Deoxys EX, Thundurus EX, Mr. Mime, Ghestis, Ghestis FA, Kyurem, Absol, Kingdra, & Keckleon. I do have to say some of the rares are unnecessary like Sableye, Exeggcutor, Cacturne, Quagsire, Muk, Hariyama, Bisharp, & Steelix honestly they should of been uncommon.

Need Plasma Freeze Theme Deck Lists

So did anyone get the Theme Decks or the lists I'm curious of what's inside the decks.

Plasma Freeze

I want to know what all you trainers think about the new Plasma Freeze set.

Do you think it`s good, bad, or do you think it needs improvements?

let me know what you guys think.:D
If you guys didn't check out some of the cards check out the link:
http://pokebeach.com/

TwilightErik said:
I do have to say some of the rares are unnecessary like Sableye, Exeggcutor, Cacturne, Quagsire, Muk, Hariyama, Bisharp, & Steelix honestly they should of been uncommon.
Welcome to every American set ever released.

I was looking through the list again and latias-ex looks pretty good in the current meta. Although I guess mewtwo would shut it down pretty good. Still, I wouldn't mind pulling one to play around with it. :)

Life Dew also looks useable in most decks!

This discussion can be taken to http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-1-plasma-freeze-scans

Deoxys seems like it can be involved in a few powerful decks. I'm wondering if it is necessary to have both Shadow Triad cards and Thundurus EX. I plan on running a deck with Deoxys and Lugia but don't want to throw money at Thundurus as a non attacking EX when I can get a similar (slightly less consistent) deck with 4 Shadow Triads and maybe Dowsing Machine to recycle those plasma energies. The 30 damage just doesn't feel worth the 2 prize cost for Thundurus when I can recycle for a quick Lugia win with hypnotoxic and the damage boost Lugia receives from Deoxys. Throw some opinions at me

thealphaturtle said:
Deoxys seems like it can be involved in a few powerful decks. I'm wondering if it is necessary to have both Shadow Triad cards and Thundurus EX. I plan on running a deck with Deoxys and Lugia but don't want to throw money at Thundurus as a non attacking EX when I can get a similar (slightly less consistent) deck with 4 Shadow Triads and maybe Dowsing Machine to recycle those plasma energies. The 30 damage just doesn't feel worth the 2 prize cost for Thundurus when I can recycle for a quick Lugia win with hypnotoxic and the damage boost Lugia receives from Deoxys. Throw some opinions at me

Thundurus should NEVER be hitting for 30. IF he is then you are doing something really wrong...

But his first attack only does 30... and that's the attack he's gonna be using to supply Lugia Plasma Energies or DCE... Unless he's supplying to Deoxys, he will be doing 30 most of the time unless there's something youre not telling us.

I just said unless he's Raiden Knuckling to Deoxys, Thundurus will be hitting 30 most of the time. He said Thundurus should never hit for 30 but what if I wanted to power up Lugia and Deoxys was prized?

MrSquarepants said:
I just said unless he's Raiden Knuckling to Deoxys, Thundurus will be hitting 30 most of the time. He said Thundurus should never hit for 30 but what if I wanted to power up Lugia and Deoxys was prized?

uh if you have a deoxys prized you should have three more Deoxys ready to be benched ASAP

I think you might be missing part of what makes this deck so good....

MrSquarepants said:

Deoxys boosts damage done by Plasma Pokemon by 10, for each Deoxys on the field. As Thundurus is a Plasma Pokemon, each Deoxys makes him swing for 10 more. Generally the ideal setup for the deck we are talking about is 1 Thundurus active, 3 Deoxys benched, and 1 or 2 heavy hitters on the field to charge (such as Snorlax, Lugia, or Kyurem). What we are trying to do with this is spread damage around and take cheap prizes through Raiden Knuckle, which hopefully will be doing around 60 or 90 with a Virbank/Laser. Now this deck wants to be doing this turn 1, and that 60 or 90 will add up fast. Next after we weaken the opponents field and take cheap prizes, we bring in Kyurem or Snorlax to clean up. Kyurem wants to use its second attack, which with 3 Deoxys on the field will hit for 150, and a Laser makes that 180, a perfect KO on every EX. With a Snorlax, with the ideal setup of 3 Deoxys, swings for up to 210 Damage without a Laser, a OHKO for everything in the game. Lugia can also come in for a big swoop, and possibly take 3 Prizes in 1 turn, but in needs the little damage from Thundurus in order to work because 150 doesn't kill much, and making it 180 from a Laser bypasses Overflow, making Lugia near useless.

So your idea of not utilizing Thundurus and Deoxys greatly weakens the deck, because you need the cheap damage to weaken everything for Lugia to come in like you want in your stradegy. It is really inefficient to try and charge up a Lugia right off the bat, because you 2 shot everything, but it will take you a few turns to actually attack, and right when that 1st Lugia goes down, you are back to square one. I suppose you could try and use just Thundurus and Lugia, but at that point you may as well throw in Deoxys just for the extra damage which will come into play way more than you think.

tl;dr use Thundurus and Deoxys.

RE: Need Plasma Freeze Theme Deck Lists

TwilightErik said:
So did anyone get the Theme Decks or the lists I'm curious of what's inside the decks.

Found some videos about the decks. I can tell you: Frost Ray is quite nicely built (for a theme deck) with no unfinished evolution line, though it has too many Eeveelutions (great for the collector though). Psy Crusher is quite a mess, though: lots of unfinished evolution lines (especially Treecko's noticable), and it wastes its stage 2 on Beedrill (and as you can also guess: more Kakuna than Beedrill). Frost Ray also has more support for a more fluid gameplay (instead of, say, Treecko which is just a lame attacker, you can use Pachirisu to fetch energy).

And looking past the theme deck (so: the usefulness of cards in general), Frost Ray is once again the winner IMO.

Frost Ray:

2x Glaceon
2x Vaporeon
2x Cryogonal
3x Vanillite
2x Vanillish
1x Vanilluxe

2x Jolteon (yep, 6 cards evolving from Eevee)
2x Pachirisu
2x Voltorb
1x Electrode

4x Eevee (Growl, Quick Attack)
2x Rattata
1x Raticate
2x Hoothoot
2x Noctowl

2x Energy Retrieval
2x Energy Search
2x Pokemon Communication
1x Potion
1x Shadow Triad
1x Superior Energy Retrieval
2x Team Plasma Ball
1x Team Plasma Grunt

Psy Crusher:

2x Leafeon
2x Treecko
2x Weedle
2x Kakuna
1x Beedrill

2x Espeon
3x Beldum
2x Metang
2x Grimer
1x Muk
2x Yamask (Will-O-Wisp, Ram)
1x Cofagrigus (Elongating Arms, Crazy Slap)

4x Eevee (Signs of Evolution, Bite)
2x Starly
2x Staravia

2x Energy Retrieval
2x Energy Search
2x Pokemon Communication
1x Potion
1x Shadow Triad
1x Superior Energy Retrieval
2x Team Plasma Ball
1x Team Plasma Grunt

Jenkem said:
MrSquarepants said:

uh if you have a deoxys prized you should have three more Deoxys ready to be benched ASAP

I think you might be missing part of what makes this deck so good....

Point I'm trying to make is...

It still comes down to luck. You might not any access to Deoxys or Plasma Balls in a couple of turns and so you could end up with no choice but to play Thundurus and hit for 30.

You could add a bunch of other cards to help did Deoxys faster but you shouldn't say "Thundurus never does 30!" Cause it still comes down how you get shuffled. Just saying. I know about Deoxys and how he works. I was pointing out that one remark, but he's pretty confident that a Deoxys will around when Thundurus is active.

unless your opponent cheated and somehow prized all 4 Deoxys.

New plasma freeze set...

I want to know what everyone thinks of the new plasma freeze set. Personally I think it has some pretty good artwork and I really enjoy the pokemon they selected for this series. I did a booster box opening, removed by staff
I'm really interested what you have to say about the set! :D

Plasma Freeze Blisters?

As opposed to be sealed in the cardboard like it was before, they are apparently MTG style now?

Back