Plasma Freeze Discussion

Fatality

Aspiring Trainer
So those who want to build the hyped plasmabox deck (myself included), what is your approach in trying to obtain all the cards for the deck? Do you guys plan on buying single cards, booster packs, booster boxes, or trade? Plasma Freeze will be the first set of new cards being released since I started playing Pokemon TCG (started in early March) and just want to know what is the most prefered route to go. Thanks =)

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Fatality said:
So those who want to build the hyped plasmabox deck (myself included), what is your approach in trying to obtain all the cards for the deck? Do you guys plan on buying single cards, booster packs, booster boxes, or trade? Plasma Freeze will be the first set of new cards being released since I started playing Pokemon TCG (started in early March) and just want to know what is the most prefered route to go. Thanks =)

If I get the money, I plan on attending the Prerelease, getting a Box and trading.

Blui

lv85 paladin
Brave Vesperia said:
Fatality said:

If I get the money, I plan on attending the Prerelease, getting a Box and trading.

This. I have a box on pre-order and will be going to the PR for my Birthday, and then if I get enough cash I'll buys singles.

scenia

Aspiring Trainer
Frozen city:
Bulbapedia says when an energy is attached from the hand, pb says when an energy is attached, implying it doesn't matter from where. Can someone confirm which is correct?

Mora

Don't Panic
I'm quite certain it's from the hand, putting damage on Keldeo but not Rayquaza. But I don't read Japanese, so...

Linadra

Aspiring Trainer
Not sure if someone has mentioned this or not.. but..

Garchomp – Dragon – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Gabite

[F] Mach Cut: 60 damage. Discard 1 Energy attached to the Defending Pokemon.
[W][F] Dragon Blade: 100 damage. Discard the top 2 cards of your deck.

Weakness: Dragon (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

I sure hope that's just a mistranslation and not a misprint on the card.. cause that's kinda gross lol

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Linadra was getting at it discarding any energy with Mach Cut rather than only Special Energy. I can't read Japanese, but the text in both the Dragon Blade and Thunder Knuckle ones looks 100% identical to me (certainly aren't any missing/additional words at least). So it's quite probably a mistranslation/typo.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Does anyone else think Float Stone will replace Switch, or will they be ran in some sort of combo? I was thinking something among the lines of 2 Float Stone and 1 Switch.

bagoly14

Collecting is expensive -_-
Brave Vesperia said:
Does anyone else think Float Stone will replace Switch, or will they be ran in some sort of combo? I was thinking something among the lines of 2 Float Stone and 1 Switch.

Yes, I think it will see play in a similar quantity as you posted. Garbodor will also drop in playability because of Float stone and other useful tools causing tool scrapper to make a comeback. Then again, playing Garbodor, Sabeleye, Darkrai, Tornadus with float stone, max potion, and life droplets could be a super fun deck - the only problem is that big basics is super tough to beat.

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
the problem with Float Stone is that it can be scrapped and some attacks can stop them from retreating. Switch only works once. Float Stone will depend on how these cards will be played (Tool Scrapper and the attacks that prevent Pokemon from retreating).

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
I have no idea what to play next format when Plasma Toolbox is good, and I cant play it, because I cant afford to spend $500 on 4 Thundurus EX, and 4 Deoxys EX, so does anyone know what a good deck to counter the Plasma deck would be?

Puff-Sun

Gogoats
Landorus EX/Cobalion EX/Thundurus EX/Garbodor/(Kyurem?). Trounces Plasmabox (And almost everything else) pretty easily.

bagoly14

Cradily with Haxorus destroys plasma box.

I'd make a mew, mewtwo, Cradily, Haxorus deck. That could be fun.

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
Cradily is inconsistent and slow. Haxorus could destroy Plasma Box without Cradily (Haxorus/Landorus/Cobalion migh be a nice deck). It is also a stage 2 attacker and can be worn out - but you could take around 4 prizes out of you unless it is already weak.

bagoly14

Flygon2071 said:
Cradily is inconsistent and slow. Haxorus could destroy Plasma Box without Cradily (Haxorus/Landorus/Cobalion migh be a nice deck). It is also a stage 2 attacker and can be worn out - but you could take around 4 prizes out of you unless it is already weak.

Well, Cradily is not slow - this format is too fast! lol

Haxorus/Landorus/Cobalion could work but it needs some sort of energy acceleration...and I'm not liking ether.

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
Got confused.

Cradily isn't better than normal evolving. You would (at best) start attacking with Haxorus T5 (having wasted 5 turns in which Haxorus might have already died). Normal Rare Candy evolution, you will start attacking (at best) T4.

Cradily:
You first have to discard Lileep and get Root Fossil preferably the same turn (your opponent can simply N you) - T1 to 3
Evolve into Cradily - T2 to 5
Attack with Cradily - T2 to 6
Attach 2 energies (different) to Haxorus - T5 to 9

That is from most preferable to least probable but it still probable to set up.

Rare Candy:
Get Axew benched - T1 to T3
Evolve into Haxorus - T2 to 5
Attach energies to Haxorus - T2 to 7

The fastest (even if not the best) is in T2 and the least probable while still getting to set up is T7.