Why Did You Join PokéBeach?

scuba steveE

Absolute
Wow this takes me back. I joined because Pokebeach and another site I was apart of was having a competitive vg war; it's sort of like a clan war, but between websites. I signed up so I could contact my opponent and here we are today. I do remember I didn't post much for while after it because some things happen during that war that, well, made me not too fond of Pokebeach, but everything eventually subsided.

MtheW

What is MtheW? The world may never know.
I joined because I had been hanging around the forums without being a member for a couple years, and I decided that I had better get involved more fully. Also, at the time I was interested in actually playing the tcg competitively, but eventually I gave up on that.

TwistedTurtwig

It's been a pleasure
While I've never been too crazy about the TCG, which Pokebeach is best known for, I initially registered because a few friends of mine from a different forum had accounts here, and told me about the Werewolf games, so I figured I might as well make an account. I've been here ever since, and plan on staying active for a long time to come.

SCf3

Aspiring Trainer
Wanted to learn more about the TCG/get into the community. Now it's 3 months later, and I'm still here.

Omanyte

Aspiring Trainer
I joined at first for Vivillon trades, but I also explored the forum during that time and found enjoyable topics that I contributed to, making my stay something that outlasted my need for butterflies!

lovandra

not an ordinary cat
I join cause I was bored, then I looked for 'pokemon' in tapatalk, then found this forum. I thought 'why not?'.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Heh, I guess I never posted here.

I used PokéBeach for Pokémon news along with some other sites for a while, but when I started getting back into the TCG in '11, I thought I'd actually join a Pokémon-based community. I ended up choosing PokéBeach because it seemed like the best fit for me, discussion-oriented and welcoming. I lurked a lot at first, but I've been more active since.

Sheodon

The Orient Gamer
It's an interesting story. A few of my friends and me wanted to start playing a Trading Card Game, but we didn't have enough information which one. As we didn't want to play it competitive, just for the fun, there were things we didn't care about - for example, if the game was still alive or not, or what are the special rules during the tournaments (rotation, for example). All we wanted to have is just some fun. That's when I found some of my old Pokémon cards what I collected (and also played) when I was younger, and it was obvious for me that we should play that. I did some research about the game and I realized that I check out 1 or 2 websites, and one of them was Poké Beach. For a long time, I just checked out the topics and threads as a guest, but later I registered in order to show the decks we build (they were Unlimited Decks).

The funny thing is, that I actually didn't post these Decks, instead I started several other themes, for my own works, fakes, and so on. Then I stayed, because of the community. For a while, I didn't post because I was really busy and uninterested in the game itself, but then now I'm back since a month or two with full of new ideas to share.

Rival M

Aspiring Trainer
I use to play the trading card game competitively and recently decided to return to the game, so I thought joining the forums would be a good way to catch up on all I've missed.

Victorsaurus

Aspiring Trainer
I like reading the news on the main page, so I joined because of that and also in hopes of adding comments on the forums, but I rarely add replies.

AquaMarine

Aspiring Trainer
I joined it because I am looking to make friends to be able to chat about Pokemon with, and maybe play casually online together. Also, I love beaches and thought the site looked very appealing. ^_^

rikdegraaff

Aspiring Trainer
I came on this forum it while surfing on Wikipedia, and I love Pokemon so much that I couldn't refuse to sign up ;)
And looking for other players to discuss Pokemon with (doh!).

Greetings Rik

theturtwiggal

Aspiring Trainer
Funny thing, I actually wanted to be a member on bulbagardens. I really wanted to be on a Pokemon forum so I could be nerdy. Bulbagardens was not accepting my email address, so I tried out pokebeach. I'm glad I did!!

Vergere

Fighting the darkness within ourselves
Reintroducing since I think I'll attempt to be active again after being banned and then inactive for what, three years, and I'm pretty sure most people don't remember me. I'm Vergere, aka Lucario EX on nearly every other Pokemon site, judge, LL, competitive-but-incompetent TCG and VG player. I don't remember why I joined, probably to post my 2008 States decklist.

Hero_Azure

Aspiring Trainer
I joined this site after meeting the Webmaster Water Pokemon Master on TCGone, we had a lovely game and he was very kind after I let him get a fresh hand. Hope our friendship could grow, and I'm here now attempting to make some more friends or even just some other players to go against.