Why Did You Join PokéBeach?

Amt

The title says it all. Why'd you join PokeBeach and how'd you find the site?

I found it on Google, posted the worst decklist ever and decided it'd be a cool place to stay at.

It was either Google or a friend, I dun remember exactly. :S

NOTE: If you are a new member on the forums, please use the Introduce Yourself! topic to say why you joined. This thread generally serves for members who have been a part of PB for 3+ months - to say why they joined or reintroduce themselves if they have been away a while. Thank you!

Flygon Jedi Master

May get back into the TCG
RE: Why'd you join PokeBeach?

My friend told me about "Intense Fight in the Destroyed Sky" when it came out. I googled it, and this sight came up with full scans and everything. I eventually found the forums, and a little while after that, I joined as flygon jedi master, the same name I have on the Serebii forums.

Phoenix

Aspiring Trainer

I joined by accident. I had been a guest for a year. One day I accidently clicked on register, so I just registered.

[I know,I'm boring,sort of.]

pokedude101

Scizor Rules The Land

I remember I would always look up stuff about pokemon on google and I would always get this site and serebii, I would just look around both sites and their forums and I liked this one better, so I joined.

Wiseman.

Gengar will banish you to the Lost Zone.

DM1993 got me into pokemon and told me about this place. I was a bit skeptical as to if people would bash on me, but I found my home!

Cybertron

http://nuggetbridge.com/

I think I searched for Pokemon on goggle, and BAM.
I do not know, to be honest.

Moneyking63

King of the Waters

I was looking for anything pokemon related, I think at that time I was intrested in a list of cards in the original Diamond and Pearl tcg, I found the list and scans here, eventually made my way into the forums. My first forum I ever joined, seemed like a friendly, well organized place...at the time. I wasn't much for TCG or compettive battling at the time, and it got me to dabble in each of those. Now I'm just kind of sticking here for the friends that I made early on, and to give back to the art community that took me in and helped me get into it.

Kronar

Blossoming Faker

Pimpwalkin said:
"I don't remember"

(expects this to be the answer for most anyone with a join date sometime in 2006)
Wow are you good PMJ. XD

I don't really remember why I joined the Forums, but someone told me about PokeBeach at league, so thats how I found the site. I think joining the forums had something to do with wanting help with a deck... :S

Elite Stride

♫ I'm on the road to Viridian City ♫

I beat my diamond version and was bored so i was seeking a cool pokemon forum to find opponents over the internet. And i found pokebeach and im glad i did. its just what i wanted.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Pimpwalkin said:
"I don't remember"

(expects this to be the answer for most anyone with a join date sometime in 2006)

I remember. :[ Anyway, I checked out PokeGym first, hated the site, so searched around, found PB, and the rest is history. All that to get help for a Gyrados deck.

dmaster out.

Khalddrogo

Aspiring Trainer

Some one told me about the site and I joined.
I was strong in the videogame section , but then I started getting more into the TCG Section.
So yeah.
That's how it started.

Shaymin Fanatic

T2 Gigas The way to go!

I found it by looking for a pokemon park and typed pokemon beach and found it.
But I joind after like 2 years LOL:D

Blue Thunder

so long!

In about September of 2007, I had found a site that had information on PMD2. I was psyched to find out about something before it was released in North America. After that, I tried to find out about everything else that was going to be coming to North America in the future months. I Googled a search on PMD2 (or something else that was not released in America at the time.) and that's how I found the site. I was glad to find something that I was looking for.

After that day, I hate forgot about the site for a little while. But then in early October, I came back and found 11th movie and DP4 information. After I came back, I started checking the main site daily. Then finally, on October 26th, I signed up on the Forums and have been here ever since.

I started out a n00b, much like most people who sign up on the forums. Gradually though, I learned about how to actually build good TCG decks. After that, (and after I got a copy of Pokemon Pearl in beat in 4 or so days) I learned about the art of competitive battling.

Needless to say, I have gained a boatload of information on how to actually be good at the games and the Card Game.

Echosong

Crimson Sky Dominator

Well after visiting this site for a long time i decided to join the fourm in January of 2007. Of course at first i was a total n00b and i did not even know who PMJ was at the time lol.

Full Moon

Master of Illusions and False Hope

i looked up lucario on google because i thought it was fake and i found pokebeach and it was awesome so i looked at the forums and i saw all the art stuff and at the time i was a guest and i wanted to enter something but you couldnt unless you signed up so i did but i frogot about the contest lol

Lily

WAKA

Well, I was drawing a picture for my friend as a gift. Link (from Zelda games) as Shaymin Sky Forme. I had never drawn Sky Forme Shaymin, so when I was looking for references via google I stumbled upon a Pokebeach forum discussing Shaymin. The site with the contained forum peeked my interest (as does anything related to Pokemon) so I looked through the rules and everything, and just joined. I guess it appealed to me because I am also a member at SPPF and the rules here are much less strict and uptight. So I guess it was by accident; I don't regret it though!​

Lucario of light

This is a user title!

I just googled Pokemon forums and I found this site. I got on to the forums and I wanted to make a clan so I joined and it's still going somewhat.

Soul

Urusai Urusai Urusai

I am a PokéBeach Member since idk around a year and I totally like this page, awesome members, well done and great news =]

[ImpulseRayquaza]

turned into butterfly man

I have been looking at the news for years, and then I accidentally found the forums from the main page. Then I stalked the forums for a while, then I joined.

Bam

kill me now.

Bentendo convinced me to join PokeBeach to try out for an Expert position (in the same way that he convinced me to join Marriland to try out for a spot there, but I didn't like it so I left)...and he in turn had been convinced by Amt and KG.

Now I'm still here because this is an awesome community, but he isn't...and I've advanced quite rapidly. Oh well :p.

Haha, I remember Ben setting up a battle between me and KG when he first told me about PB. Both of us thought that the other was a noob, and it almost cost me the game. I pulled back to win, though.