Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

Jungletoad said:
Does anyone know about some secret, awesome website that sells the Japanese booster box versions of the E series or the Neo Series? I've been stalking eBay for months and all I have found yet is the SAME Neo 4 box for weeks, maybe months! Neo Destiny sucks :(

Neo Destiny does not suck. It's probably one of the most fun series to open because of the shining cards. When you pull one it's like winning the lottery (at least I think it is haha)

For singles it's either Ebay or cardcollectoruk as posted before. I think collectorscache has some too but I could be mistaken...

bagoly14 said:
Jungletoad said:
Does anyone know about some secret, awesome website that sells the Japanese booster box versions of the E series or the Neo Series? I've been stalking eBay for months and all I have found yet is the SAME Neo 4 box for weeks, maybe months! Neo Destiny sucks :(

Neo Destiny does not suck. It's probably one of the most fun series to open because of the shining cards. When you pull one it's like winning the lottery (at least I think it is haha)

For singles it's either Ebay or cardcollectoruk as posted before. I think collectorscache has some too but I could be mistaken...

The triple stars are cool, but I don't like the holos :)

I'm thinking about buying from dacardworld, but I just have a question, if you live out of state, do you still have to pay tax? I'm looking to buy a Booster Box and a few tins. Also, this is a bit off topic, but I'll be using a US Bank Visa Gift Card, anybody use one online before?

As of now, you only have to pay sales tax in your state when buying online. However, the government is looking to change this >:|

Jungletoad said:
The triple stars are cool, but I don't like the holos :)

Fair enough, I agree that the E-series holos do look very nice.

I've noticed that my card sleeves (Ultra Pro) gets slightly dusty due to everyday wear-&-tear. How do you folks go about keeping your card sleeves clean? I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking of a small amount of iodine rubbed with a "Q-tip" cotton swab.

I have a big dillemma here. I am deciding whether I want to blow all my cash on a japanese booster box or just buy a special pack Black kyurem. Both are from amiami.

I have 25$

Booster boxes are better, as they have more cards! = more fun

viper.fox I identified the mystery pokemon basket gashapon, it goes to a lucario set and was supposed to have a sleeping pikachu in it. I hope to get that set soon and now my sleeping pachirsu figure rests in the basket.

Here is the correct gashapon piece (or pieces that came in 1 capsule) if anyone wants to see. I still have not yet reprogrammed my pc for my camera.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tomy-Yujin-Pokemon-Gashapon-Mini-Figure-Toy-Mew-Pikachu-Meowty-/400488921378?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item5d3efff922

Salamencetrainer34 said:
I have a big dillemma here. I am deciding whether I want to blow all my cash on a japanese booster box or just buy a special pack Black kyurem. Both are from amiami.

I have 25$

The special pack is nice if you collect Japanese promos.

But the packs included are a mixture of 1st and unlimited.

Since no one's addressed this, I thought I ought to quick:

Dragonite★ said:
Also, this is a bit off topic, but I'll be using a US Bank Visa Gift Card, anybody use one online before?

Some visa/mastercard gift cards require a certain online activation before they can be used online. Your card should have come with a Terms & Conditions and the information you need should be in there. A year or so ago, I had to do this to use a giftcard online (since I almost never buy things in a real store). It was very simple; I just had to go to a website and put an address, etc. to match the card number to ensure proper online identification, since a gift card doesn't have a billing address the same way a debit/credit card does.

---

The special pack vs. booster box is an interesting dilemma. I think that, if you don't have any/many BW Japanese cards, the special pack might be better since you get a larger selection of sets, plus the promos. Otherwise, I'd go for the booster box.

Does Collector's cache weigh their packs? I have only purchased boxes from them.

To my knowledge no, I bought from them little over 2 years ago about 12 packs of Supreme Victors I got very good pulls.

So, I am buying a Japanese box off of Amiami. What box should I buy? Boxes I will not buy: BW collection, Red collection.

Notes: I am a collector looking for cool cards
I am not biased towards sets
I am not completing any JPN set
I am not looking for a particular card

Did you mention earlier, you have $25 to spend ? If so, you can't get much with $25.... I don't think you can even get a Japanese booster box for that price.

Well... I have the cash. Thats all. For 32$ (Including shipping), AmiAmi sells japanese boxes! I even bought a megalo cannon box there!

Well, first, let's take a look at what AmiAmi actually has in stock... Plasma Gale is the only one that's actually in stock, all of the others are back-ordered at best, sold out at worst. So, if you want to be able to get it for sure and soon, Plasma Gale is your only choice, which is indeed a fun set. I've never ordered anything back-ordered from them, so I don't know exactly how long you'd have to wait or how likely you'd be to actually able to get it, but Shiny Collection is pretty cool, otherwise just get one that has cards you like the best. If you're not looking to complete a set or get any specific cards or types of cards, it's kind of hard to suggestion anything, since those are the sorts of things that you'd want to take into account.

Or you could just wait for EX Battle Boost because that artwork is pretty sweet and it's possible that set won't get translated.

Does anyone here live in japan and could help me buy off yahoo japan? Or know anyone who could help me ? cheers

swagasaur said:
Does anyone here live in japan and could help me buy off yahoo japan? Or know anyone who could help me ? cheers

I can refer you to the service I use. PM me for more info.

Artemis said:
Well, first, let's take a look at what AmiAmi actually has in stock... Plasma Gale is the only one that's actually in stock, all of the others are back-ordered at best, sold out at worst. So, if you want to be able to get it for sure and soon, Plasma Gale is your only choice, which is indeed a fun set. I've never ordered anything back-ordered from them, so I don't know exactly how long you'd have to wait or how likely you'd be to actually able to get it, but Shiny Collection is pretty cool, otherwise just get one that has cards you like the best. If you're not looking to complete a set or get any specific cards or types of cards, it's kind of hard to suggestion anything, since those are the sorts of things that you'd want to take into account.

Or you could just wait for EX Battle Boost because that artwork is pretty sweet and it's possible that set won't get translated.
I bought a backordered Megalo cannon box, it didnt seem different, I was thinking of ordering Plasma gale too! So, thanks! I will probably buy EX Battle boost later on.

Back