Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

AmiAmi current release Japanese Booster Boxes are usually around ¥2500, which converts to about US$25 or €19. Shipping costs vary based on how fast you want to get it, and AmiAmi loads so slowly for me that I don't feel like looking on the website to figure out the shipping costs, but I usually pay about €5 for standard shipping.

From Amiami? It normally costs me £25~ish with SAL shipping for one.

Has Anyone in the USA seen Plasma Storm 3 pack blisters in stores ?

Brave Vesperia said:
ForeignDude said:
Did the energys from BW Base come in reverse form?

They didn't, but there is RH League Promos of them.

Hmm. So then do most consider a full reverse set to include those League promos?

ForeignDude said:
Brave Vesperia said:
They didn't, but there is RH League Promos of them.

Hmm. So then do most consider a full reverse set to include those League promos?

No. A full RH set is all of the RH cards you can get opening packs.

So I ran into some troubles while sorting...which I know would happen.

I found this...does anybody know what card it is?
261nblh.jpg

2yy9tew.jpg

I have the Marill and Togepi in their displays which is why I'm confused since it's not like either of them and no other ANA cards were made in 2000...

io0nk0.jpg

azgap4.jpg
Thanks for the help.

What's the deal with Japanese cards? Are players in America allowed to use them? Because I would like to use them.

CrimsonCoast said:
What's the deal with Japanese cards? Are players in America allowed to use them? Because I would like to use them.

Sadly, America may only use English cards.

I recently found a seller on ebay who is selling 40 packs of the Ex Deoxys set for 195$. I would love to buy this, as I am looking to buy some packs from the Ex sets, but the price seems a little too good to be true. Usually, the price of an Ex deoxys individual pack would be around 8$, and if you multiply 8 by 40 you get 320, which is 125$ more than the price I would pay if I bought this. Therefore, I thought the seller might be weighing packs and selling the bad ones. However, I looked at the feedback for that item and all three were positive 5/5 stars. Any advice?

I recently found a seller on ebay who is selling 40 packs of the Ex Deoxys set for 195$. I would love to buy this, as I am looking to buy some packs from the Ex sets, but the price seems a little too good to be true. Usually, the price of an Ex deoxys individual pack would be around 8$, and if you multiply 8 by 40 you get 320, which is 125$ more than the price I would pay if I bought this. Therefore, I thought the seller might be weighing packs and selling the bad ones. However, I looked at the feedback for that item and all three were positive 5/5 stars. Any advice?

I wouldn't risk it.

They have most likely been weighed at some point in their shelf-life.

Charizard45 said:

I would not buy those packs to open. I am planning to buy a lot for resale though, as it's a good deal if you piece them out.

The seller literally has hundreds of ex series booster packs. I would not trust the seller and assume they did not weigh the packs. I'm thinking that they bought a bunch of booster boxes, and are now selling the bad packs they weighed.

Yeah, that's what happens a lot. It's great profit margin selling the decent pulls, then sell the bad packs. Just it can be seen as morally wrong.

So does anybody have any idea on that ANA picture I posted? I was hoping Daelum, SoulWind, omahanime, or VF might know since I've never seen it before...I'm thinking it's Marill in a different display but I'm not 100% sure...

bagoly14 said:
So I ran into some troubles while sorting...which I know would happen.

I found this...does anybody know what card it is?
261nblh.jpg

2yy9tew.jpg

I have the Marill and Togepi in their displays which is why I'm confused since it's not like either of them and no other ANA cards were made in 2000...

io0nk0.jpg

azgap4.jpg
Thanks for the help.

bagoly14 said:
So does anybody have any idea on that ANA picture I posted? I was hoping Daelum, SoulWind, omahanime, or VF might know since I've never seen it before...I'm thinking it's Marill in a different display but I'm not 100% sure...

It's a Marill. See the following images for proof:
[1] [2] [3]

So I was taking some pictures the other day and ran across these...is it normal for the holos from Secret Wonders to have a splash like foil all across the card? I'm asking because one of the holos, Charizard, doesn't have the splash like foil and it confused me since I've never opened a pack of Secret Wonders...

k1rk7m.jpg

33vkeqf.jpg

a2rtqo.jpg

Thanks.

Huh, interesting. I don't have too many SW cards, but I dug out my binder and took a look. Three of my holos (Gastrodon East Sea, Gastrodon West Sea, and Mew) have a vague holo pattern on the back of the card; not as strong as yours (or maybe I'm just not in strong enough light), but enough that you can see dots where the holo dots would be, and the cards have a bit of a sheen to them. The only other holo that I have (Ludiculo) do not have any visible holo markings anywhere outside of the picture.

If I were to guess, I'd say it's because of the print material, but I don't know for sure. I've not seen or heard anything about specific special holos for this set, and we both have examples of holos that do not have that special pattern, which makes the whole thing seem kind of arbitrary.

Yes, that error is rather common, mainly among D&P sets. It is common enough to not really affect the value of the card at all. Although I must say, the error makes the card look amazing.

Back