Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

Daelum said:
omahanime said:
But in a collection is it better to have 1 card worth $5,000, or 500 different cards worth $5,000 total. It comes down to how you define collection.

Or you could be like some people and have both :p

The question is posed as a mutually exclusive.

I'd rather have say 10 cards worth $5,000 than 100 cards worth $5,000. The idea of having a card, that others would kill for sounds rather interesting. Obviously, I don't have a card worth over $300, but that's because I don't put as much $ and time into the card game than say Omahanime. Pokemon TCG, is a hobby but not a massive part of my life. If I had $$$$$'s then I would but I spend most of my money on clothes,music,going out and college costs.

I bought these real awesome looking sleeves from a friend of mine today. Does anyone know where/when exactly they are from? Were they available at a special event or something? (The Zekrom ones)

Nope, no special event, just good ol' Pokemon Centre deck shields

Why were 5 packs given out in the 2011 Evolved Battle Action Tin's. I opened up one a got 5 booster packs, also saw someone on YouTube open a Emboar one and got 5 boosters.

Is unboxing a 1ST edition Neo Destiny box worth it? I still have around 2K from the box I sold (spending every bit of it on cards)

Jungletoad said:
Is unboxing a 1ST edition Neo Destiny box worth it? I still have around 2K from the box I sold (spending every bit of it on cards)

I'd say no, unless you plan on grading the cards. Then yes. Although it still depends?

Are you comparing the possible value of selling the box sealed or selling the cards? How much did you pay for the box?

Jungletoad said:

Even if you grade the cards, the box will still be worth more.

If you want the graded cards for your collection than it may be worthwhile. :)

OK I am stumped by some pokemon figures I got in a big lot from Japan. It is the Bandai gashapon figures. The problem is I have a tiny brown basket with leaves (its all 1-piece-plastic), a sleeping pachirisu, and 3 piplups that look like a keychain hook were ripped out of their heads. I am not sure if the 3 piplup or sleeping pachirisu came in the basket. Searching brings up nothing. The basket says 2005 the piplup and pachirisu are both so tiny there is no date.

Pachirisu and Piplup would have to be 2007 or 2008 onwards, so the basket is either from something outside of Pokemon or from something in the ADV era.

If you could snap some pictures they might help :)

I will do soon, I have to reprogram my pc with its new hardrive to my camera. The basket does say nintendo copyright pokemon. I will get pictures soon.

Any suggestion for sets I can collect? Completed Skyridge recently and I need something new to collect. Are the 1ST edition Neo boxes worth the money or should one just buy the entire sets? I have about 2500$ :)

Jungletoad said:
Any suggestion for sets I can collect? Completed Skyridge recently and I need something new to collect. Are the 1ST edition Neo boxes worth the money or should one just buy the entire sets? I have about 2500$ :)

No, the 1st edition Neo box is not worth it at their current price. They used to go for a little under $1,000 (iirc $800), which would be worth it, but nowadays $2,000 aint worth it.

I suggest finishing up the whole e-series.

Daelum said:
Jungletoad said:

No, the 1st edition Neo box is not worth it at their current price. They used to go for a little under $1,000 (iirc $800), which would be worth it, but nowadays $2,000 aint worth it.

I suggest finishing up the whole e-series.

I just ordered an Aquapolis box from a local card store. I really love the holos in that set. Gorgeus! :D

Hi guys
i own a league and im trying to find cheap Japanese sleeves and deck boxes to give out as prizes in raffles, and as prize support when ours is running late

Well, Japanese sleeves and deck boxes are really never cheap. Ultra pro deck boxes and sleeves are worth giving out though, they are decent.

I hate Ultra Pro sleeves, they are too thick, I prefer Dragon Shield Sleeves

Does anyone know about some secret, awesome website that sells the Japanese booster box versions of the E series or the Neo Series? I've been stalking eBay for months and all I have found yet is the SAME Neo 4 box for weeks, maybe months! Neo Destiny sucks :(

Jungletoad said:
Does anyone know about some secret, awesome website that sells the Japanese versions of the E series or the Neo Series? I've been stalking eBay for months and all I have found yet is the SAME Neo 4 box for weeks, maybe months! Neo Destiny sucks :(

Right here :)

Bendymoose said:
Jungletoad said:
Does anyone know about some secret, awesome website that sells the Japanese versions of the E series or the Neo Series? I've been stalking eBay for months and all I have found yet is the SAME Neo 4 box for weeks, maybe months! Neo Destiny sucks :(

Right here :)

The best place to get Japanese cards would be the eBay of Japan, Yahoo! Japan. The only downside is you need a middleman to buy and ship the items to you if you don't live in Japan.

What's the value of a Groudon PokePark hat?

Back