Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

@NarcoticHobo,

Ultra Pro makes sleeves that come in packs of 50 that work perfectly.

They are different from the Matte sleeves that come in packs of 100.

NarcoticHobo said:
Yep, I use KMC perfect fit sleeves too :) Ordered a case of 30 packs from japan, should last a while.

I want something that will allow me to double sleeve and back to back in a page.... ill keep trying random sleeves until i find one that works i guess.

If you find your cards valuable enough to double sleeve then I would also recommend not putting them back to back. It raises the chances of the cards not sitting right or warping in my opinion.

I use Ultra Pro, Pro Binders does anyone else use them, any recommendation for a good priced solid sleeve ? I don't use paypal, so I'd have to be able to get them without buying outside the UK.

SoulWind said:
@NarcoticHobo,

Ultra Pro makes sleeves that come in packs of 50 that work perfectly.

They are different from the Matte sleeves that come in packs of 100.

Link?

Is it this:

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Card-Premium-Sleeves/dp/B0002TT3NE/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1366234438&sr=8-12&keywords=ultra+pro+sleeves

or maybe

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Pro-Matte-White-Protector/dp/B004KTSSN8/ref=sr_1_cc_3?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1366234615&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=ultra+pro+matte+sleeves

I think these ones: http://www.ebay.com/itm/x600-ULTRA-PRO-Card-Sleeves-DECK-PROTECTORS-12-Packs-Mix-Match-Black-Red-MTG-/181108352910?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item2a2ae6278e

They are different because they don't have that rough back like Matte sleeves do. I'm not 100% sure those are the correct sleeves since I buy them from a local vendor. They are great because they have a little more breathing room than the Matte variant so double sleeving your cards isn't a problem if you are using perfect fits.

Would you reccomend using Matte sleeves for single sleeving, say for putting in a Ultra Pro Pro binder ?

ThatPokemonCollector said:
Would you reccomend using Matte sleeves for single sleeving, say for putting in a Ultra Pro Pro binder ?

That's what I used to do, I think it's enough protection - I'm super picky so I double sleeve so no dirt/dust can ever reach the card and then Ultra Pro Premium Binder. Haven't filled one up completely yet so it might make your binder too thick if you do that...

Has anybody every filled a Ultra Pro Premium Binder with double sleeved cards? Does it fit or does the binder become too fat?

ThatPokemonCollector said:
Premium or Pro Pro ?, what's the difference.

Ultra Pro Premium is made out of a leather like cover. It seems higher quality to me.

Plasma Logo Sleeves?

I was looking through all of the Japanese PokeCenter sleeves that they have up on the Japanese website and I noticed these ones towards the bottom of the page I had never seen before...

o55lsi.png

How rare are these? I haven't seen them before while looking around for sleeves I wanna buy, and they fit perfectly with the type of sleeves I'm looking to get. I would assume that they were some limited edition prize thing or something, but the label does say it's from the Pokemon Center... so I'm confused why I don't find anywhere selling this while I can find pretty much every single other sleeve packs on there... Any info on where these things can by found, if they even can?

edit: nevermind, moved for me. thanks!

I had seen those sleeves on eBay a lot when they first came out, but I don't see them too much anymore.

RE: Plasma Logo Sleeves?

deogenerate said:
I was looking through all of the Japanese PokeCenter sleeves that they have up on the Japanese website and I noticed these ones towards the bottom of the page I had never seen before...

o55lsi.png

How rare are these? I haven't seen them before while looking around for sleeves I wanna buy, and they fit perfectly with the type of sleeves I'm looking to get. I would assume that they were some limited edition prize thing or something, but the label does say it's from the Pokemon Center... so I'm confused why I don't find anywhere selling this while I can find pretty much every single other sleeve packs on there... Any info on where these things can by found, if they even can?

You have expensive taste my friend. These sleeves are extremely rare for some reason. I have only seen them for sale at 2 different places, and let's just say that if you wanted to get 64 sleeves it would cost you 60$+. Gotta pay to play with these ones.

bagoly14 said:
deogenerate said:

o55lsi.png

You have expensive taste my friend. These sleeves are extremely rare for some reason. I have only seen them for sale at 2 different places, and let's just say that if you wanted to get 64 sleeves it would cost you 60$+. Gotta pay to play with these ones.

They came with 32 in a box of Jpn plasma gift set. Btw I have a pack of 32 available for trade :)

Really? My plasma gift set came with the Darkrai sleeves here:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:TeamPlasmaBattleGiftSetContents.jpg

bagoly14 said:
Jungletoad said:
I just bought a Skyridge box! Tables will be flipped if i pull Charizard :D

Post pictures of your pulls! I just got japanese crystal lugia, golem, kingdra, nidoking, and ho-oh in the mail so you'll have to top that :p

I didn't top that at all... got a LOT of cool holos but i only got a reverse Celebi crystal. I'm buying all the crystal cards and probably an Aquapolis box. :rolleyes:

bagoly14 said:
Uuuugh, oh boy... that sucks a bit but honestly, for the best looking sleeves out there I think it's worth about that to me. Guess I'll have to keep three eyes out for these then.

And yeah, they definitely are not from the Plasma Gift Box thing.

deogenerate said:
bagoly14 said:
Uuuugh, oh boy... that sucks a bit but honestly, for the best looking sleeves out there I think it's worth about that to me. Guess I'll have to keep three eyes out for these then.

And yeah, they definitely are not from the Plasma Gift Box thing.

Yea... my bad, I thought they were for some reason. I checked and the plasma gift set def had the giratina sleeves.

Jungletoad said:
bagoly14 said:
Post pictures of your pulls! I just got japanese crystal lugia, golem, kingdra, nidoking, and ho-oh in the mail so you'll have to top that :p

I didn't top that at all... got a LOT of cool holos but i only got a reverse Celebi crystal. I'm buying all the crystal cards and probably an Aquapolis box. :rolleyes:

Aww that sucks, the e-series is really cool anyway though.

Is there a checklist anywhere for all cards given out during Pokemon Leagues be it events like Battle Roads,XXX Championships, or just by attending league? I recently won a bunch of random Pokemon League stamped cards from various different sets and so I thought it'd maybe be interesting if I could attempt to collect them all.

Back