Collecting The "Card Collector Help" Thread

RE: The "Merchandise Help" Thread

ForeignDude said:
Is there a checklist anywhere for all cards given out during Pokemon Leagues be it events like Battle Roads,XXX Championships, or just by attending league? I recently won a bunch of random Pokemon League stamped cards from various different sets and so I thought it'd maybe be interesting if I could attempt to collect them all.

At the moment http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-promo-card-catalog-and-scans
A new one is planned.

Where can I find these rare cards?

I really want some of these cards:

Moltres (phone card) [1999 Tropical Mega Battle Tournament] - Japanese
Zapdos (phone card) [1999 Tropical Mega Battle Tournament] - Japanese
Articuno (phone card) [1999 Tropical Mega Battle Tournament] - Japanese
Also, for every event you participated in you would get a stamp for your booklet. I really want this booklet + stamps.

Or any cards from the 64 Mario Stadium Pokémon Snap best photo contest promotion. Especially the Articuno, but any is fine.

I know these cards may be hard to find, but I really want them.

If anybody has any pictures of them I'd like to see yours or where you got it. Thanks.

Can somebody just answer my previous questions?!

I don't think you quite get just how hard some of those are to find...

viper.fox said:

I think you meant to say impossible to find. Weren't there an extremely limited amount of snap cards made...like <10 each?

Yeah, I've only seen 1 Snap card go for sale, and I've only heard of 5 or so total sales of Snap cards.

viper.fox said:

bagoly14 said:
viper.fox said:

I think you meant to say impossible to find. Weren't there an extremely limited amount of snap cards made...like <10 each?

Do you know where it was sold?

Either on eBay, Yahoo Japan, or private sale. Like the others have said, they're extremely rare cards and could easily cost you thousands of dollars if they ever go on sale again. I'm sure all are tucked away in private collections.

Yeah, let's say you had the money for arguments sake to source them would be the challenge and then to get the person who owns them to sell them ?. Seems like a near impossible feat.

Have you ever seen one of the possible ten PRERELEASE Raichu cards for sale, for sure?

Nicholas3652 said:
Have you ever seen one of the possible ten PRERELEASE Raichu cards for sale, for sure?

I have read reports about 2 of them being sold.

All sales that we know of were private sales. A fake one appeared on eBay within the last month, but other than that, no current sales.

The last sale of any snap cards I saw was a Charmander on Yahoo Japan that went for just over a grand converted, and before that was a Koffing which went for a similar amount around a year ago. There were two contests for the Snap cards: one in CoroCoro, the other one the 64 Mario Stadium run. Both sets had five unique cards, which means five unique winners, and five print runs because each winner got a full set according to all my papers and books I have on releases.

photo 2-87.JPG

The Phone Cards are nearly impossible to find. I haven't seen a set on sale since about two years ago when a full one went privately to a friend of mine. The stamp books were given to players who were not participating in the major ranked battles, and they could then play others to earn stamps in an event called the Dugtrio Team Battle. Those who filled their books were given either an Articuno, Zapdos, or Moltres phone card in a sealed envelope. It is unknown how many of them exist, but they were blind packed, so the cards were completely random in their distribution. Articuno was also reprinted as a present card in a book called "PCG Strategies even an Adult can Understand", and instead of featuring the elongated base border to the card that is prominent in the original issue.

photo 1-87.JPG

You'll be needing to shell out a grand minimum per card. At least in buffer. You could get lucky with a private sale but these are considered holy grail cards for some (including myself) since they're very hard to obtain.

It's nice to dream about owning them but they're very hard to just.. find. Not something you can just go about willy nilly.

theducktamer said:
Either on eBay, Yahoo Japan, or private sale. Like the others have said, they're extremely rare cards and could easily cost you thousands of dollars if they ever go on sale again. I'm sure all are tucked away in private collections.

Agreed. Look how infrequently the English Sample cards come up for sale and they have a huge print run compared to these cards.

ThatPokemonCollector said:
Yeah, let's say you had the money for arguments sake to source them would be the challenge and then to get the person who owns them to sell them ?. Seems like a near impossible feat.

You would have to offer much above face value to get some to sell.

viper.fox said:
The last sale of any snap cards I saw was a Charmander on Yahoo Japan that went for just over a grand converted, and before that was a Koffing which went for a similar amount around a year ago.

A Gyarados was recently purchased off of Y!J by a member on UPCCC. By recently, I mean in the past 6 or so months.

Nicholas3652 said:

theducktamer said:
All sales that we know of were private sales. A fake one appeared on eBay within the last month, but other than that, no current sales.

Do you know where?

A private sale means it was not on Ebay, Yahoo! Japan, or any other website. The sale was either done through email, phone, in person, or some other private form of communication.

Nicholas not being rude, but i'd kind of give up trying to source these it's near impossible you'll every own them. Though if you did it would be a feat.

Nicholas not being rude, but i'd kind of give up trying to source these it's near impossible you'll every own them. Though if you did it would be a feat.

Well, they are "Grail" cards for a reason.

Personally I find the "HTF" cards to be more enjoyable to collect.

SoulWind said:

Well, they are "Grail" cards for a reason.

Personally I find the "HTF" cards to be more enjoyable to collect.

They give more satisfaction when obtained. But in a collection is it better to have 1 card worth $5,000, or 500 different cards worth $5,000 total. It comes down to how you define collection.

omahanime said:
But in a collection is it better to have 1 card worth $5,000, or 500 different cards worth $5,000 total. It comes down to how you define collection.

Or you could be like some people and have both :p

Back