New 'Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions, Details Revealed in 'CoroCoro' [6/7]

thood said:
Hoenn better not have Pokemon out of their Pokeballs. That is a G/S/C EXCLUSIVE! I like every game to have its niche over the others. Hoenn has trumpets, Johto has Pokemon that follow you. Fair is fair :)

Well, Johto had a lot of nice stuff – an incredibly fabulous Safari Zone, ball capsules, two regions to explore, a battle against Red, the literal best pedometer in the world – and having your Pokémon walk outside of PokéBalls...it should just be a thing. I mean, who's stopping you from having your Pokémon follow you? And besides, Pikachu followed you in Yellow version, so it isn't an exclusive – nor is it, in fact, from Gold/Silver/Crystal, it was a feature in the HeartGold and SoulSilver remakes.
I'll be sorely disappointed if it doesn't make a return here.

Equinox said:
Does anyone else think Groudon Primeval forme looks like the Jirachi: Wishmaker Groudon?

Primeval
oras-corocoro-2.jpg

Movie
Jirachi2.jpg

All I've been able to see since the reveal teaser. Wonder if that was part of their inspiration in any way, or if it's just a coincidence.

Guys, I would like to make a slight reminder that "primal" is at the time a translation by fans, that why you see WPM posted as primal/ancient/prehistoric, as there is currently no official translation yet. Also, Primal Dialga is Dark Dialga in Japanese, different words. Please don't connect primal kyogre and groudon to dialga.

Mega Swampert looks amazing. I don't care for Mega Sceptile, though. It looks like they just added some more details to regular Sceptile. I might like it more after I see a better view of it from the front, though. I don't really understand why they gave it Lightningrod. Does it conduct electricity with its tail and stores it in its bulbs? Brendan looks pretty stupid with his elf shoes and chipmunk face.

Steven doesn't have a Mega Charizard X. First of all, the text doesn't say the Japanese name for Charizard anywhere. I don't even read Japanese, but comparing the name Lizardon in Japanese to the text took little effort. The text with an arrow pointing toward the level 100 Charizard does mention mega evolution, but not Charizard, so I'm pretty sure the image was just included by Corocoro to illustrate the point that he's researching mega evolution. There's also no reason for him to use a level 100 Charizard X instead of a Mega Rock/Steel type such as Aggron or a new mega.

Hi peeps. (New member here)

I'm sooo confused about the ancient devolution thing, hopefully the next issue will clear the fog. (If possible, full artworks of the Gym Leaders please!)

Also, clown shoes? Really?

Steven, you're a Fire or Dragon type user? Traitor!

I really hope they do have clothing customization in the Hoenn region...

Windwhip said:

I'm pretty sure that's a misinterpretation, there's been no confirmation that Steven has Mega Charizard X. I think they're just showing it off as a Mega Evolutions reference.

Yep, there is not a single word mentioning Steven has Mega Zard X, as far as I could tell. The caption for that picture just says that he is researching Mega Evolution.

Also, for the "atomic regression" people. That translator probably used a translation machine that couldn't distinguish between genshi-atom and genshi-prehistoric.

The question is, if Kyogre and Groudon had a form before their current form, then does Rayquaza have one also? Oh, and maybe the Regis will actually have something to do with the story this time around! Maybe they have new forms too?

thood said:
The question is, if Kyogre and Groudon had a form before their current form, then does Rayquaza have one also? Oh, and maybe the Regis will actually have something to do with the story this time around! Maybe they have new forms too?

I'm gonna guess yes, because 1) unlike the Sinnoh third version legend and on, Rayquaza did not have an alternate form, 2) WPM just made a post about trademark for Delta Emerald a while ago, so it's pretty much a yeah to me.

I'm gonna copy and paste a post I made on another site:

I'm kinda surprised no one's noticed Groudon and Kyogre's new attacks.
On the page featuring them, you can clearly see them battling it out in the artwork with crazy lava spikes and water streams.
However, in the screenshots we can see those exact techniques, with screenshots of Groudon and Kyogre in battle directly preceding them. Coincidence? I think not.

Even more interesting, Groudon's attack looks like a perfect Ground/Fire move in the same vein as Flying Press, and Kyogre is either surrounded by really weird-looking drops of water or chunks of ice, and the floating originators of the water blasts look quite similar.
Basically, I think we just might be seeing Ground/Fire Groudon and Water/Ice Kyogre with matching dual-type moves. It's not exactly likely, but Groudon has been trying to be a dual-type all its life, and... well, I already explained everything else.

Not meaning to offend anybody, just an observation, it appears as though the new teams are... White vs Black... I'm kind of surprised, seeing how racially sensative Pokemon has been in the past (the whole Jynx thing, the apron on the gym leader in X and Y, ect.), so this is kind of weird.

Gentlefish said:
I'm gonna copy and paste a post I made on another site:

I'm kinda surprised no one's noticed Groudon and Kyogre's new attacks.
On the page featuring them, you can clearly see them battling it out in the artwork with crazy lava spikes and water streams.
However, in the screenshots we can see those exact techniques, with screenshots of Groudon and Kyogre in battle directly preceding them. Coincidence? I think not.

Even more interesting, Groudon's attack looks like a perfect Ground/Fire move in the same vein as Flying Press, and Kyogre is either surrounded by really weird-looking drops of water or chunks of ice, and the floating originators of the water blasts look quite similar.
Basically, I think we just might be seeing Ground/Fire Groudon and Water/Ice Kyogre with matching dual-type moves. It's not exactly likely, but Groudon has been trying to be a dual-type all its life, and... well, I already explained everything else.

The description for those attacks are "spears of earth impale opponent", and "water pillars strike opponent".

Polaris said:
Not meaning to offend anybody, just an observation, it appears as though the new teams are... White vs Black... I'm kind of surprised, seeing how racially sensative Pokemon has been in the past (the whole Jynx thing, the apron on the gym leader in X and Y, ect.), so this is kind of weird.

I don't believe they are meant to be "black" in that sense. More likely, Team Aqua's skin tone is supposed to be sun tanned. Representing, to an extent, the ocean.

Keeper of Night said:
Polaris said:

I don't believe they are meant to be "black" in that sense. More likely, Team Aqua's skin tone is supposed to be sun tanned. Representing, to an extent, the ocean.

I did notice how Aqua is darker than Magma, and Brendan is darker than May. I'm just happy we have more brown characters.

Polaris said:

No they're not. Team Aqua is outside at sea all day so they're more tan while Team Magma are scientists researching most of the day.
Why do people jump to race?

That's a very good question. I believe it's a bit controversial too. But, I do know it's best not to discuss it here, after seeing what happens when it pops up in forums.

Bolt the Cat said:
Windwhip said:

I'm pretty sure that's a misinterpretation, there's been no confirmation that Steven has Mega Charizard X. I think they're just showing it off as a Mega Evolutions reference.

Yeah, hopefully that's the case.

NaturallyDark said:
thood said:
Hoenn better not have Pokemon out of their Pokeballs. That is a G/S/C EXCLUSIVE! I like every game to have its niche over the others. Hoenn has trumpets, Johto has Pokemon that follow you. Fair is fair :)

Well, Johto had a lot of nice stuff – an incredibly fabulous Safari Zone, ball capsules, two regions to explore, a battle against Red, the literal best pedometer in the world – and having your Pokémon walk outside of PokéBalls...it should just be a thing. I mean, who's stopping you from having your Pokémon follow you? And besides, Pikachu followed you in Yellow version, so it isn't an exclusive – nor is it, in fact, from Gold/Silver/Crystal, it was a feature in the HeartGold and SoulSilver remakes.
I'll be sorely disappointed if it doesn't make a return here.

I subscribe what NaturallyDark said. Besides the good argument of Yellow setting the precedent and not HG/SS, G/S/C also introduced day/night cycles and while it wasn't adopted in the GBAdvance games, it made a return with D/P and has been kept ever since (I imagine XY also has it). I see the walking Pokémon not as a gimmick but a new level reached in the games that should be kept as essential, just like the day/night cycle and seasons. I am some sort of Team Plasma's member since I prefer to see Pokémon outside their Pkballs but I understand that not everyone likes it, so why can't there be the option to have one and the other!? At least, give us the option to turn it on/off. I felt less connected to my Pokémon in B2 because of the absence of having them following me.
Even seasons should make a return and never again be forgotten. I imagine seeing seasons affecting more than just having the weather changing attacks (Sunny Day, etc.), with Fire-Types gaining a slight boost when battling in Summer, Grass ones in Spring, Ice in Winter, Water in Autumn and so on, because it just feels natural and it would be another side of strategy (even the day/night cycle should give boosts of some kind to certain Pokémon like Fairy and Dark/Ghost).

Retro_on_theGo said:
Polaris said:

No they're not. Team Aqua is outside at sea all day so they're more tan while Team Magma are scientists researching most of the day.

Not only that but Magma supposedly lives in caves so they don't get tanned, perhaps the opposite: pale as vampires! :p

Retro_on_theGo said:
Polaris said:

Retro, how does racism fit the discussion of Pokemon? I don't recall there's a gym leader in X&Y wearing an apron. I think you meant Lenora from B&W.

Back