New 'Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions, Details Revealed in 'CoroCoro' [6/7]

Really wished Sceptile had gotten Multiscale, and Swampert had something more useful (like Iron Fist or Mold Breaker).
Other than that they look really nice.

Love the team redesigns, but Mega Diancie reminds me too much of Mega Gardevoir.

All Hail Mega Swampert, and his Mega GAINZ.

Seriously though, doesn't this just make you so happy that they decided to make more megas? Now we are all going to be sitting around wondering what other awesome megas they decide to do, without wondering if they wouldn't have any at all.

Diancie is the strangest choice, btw.

Yay, new megas! :D
Also LOVE team Aquas new design, it looks so cool! Not to keen on team Magmas design though, kinda weird with that arm thingy they're doing, and am I the only one who thinks Maxie looks slightly feminime..? ._.

I hate most of these mega pokemon released so far but that Swampert looks like a beast and is one a few mega pokemon I like.

I'm like, so hype for ORAS now. Especially with the fact that we get Mega Sceptile and all!
I might 420blazeit May, because she looks a bit better than Brendan this time around :p

Keeper of Night said:
Really wished Sceptile had gotten Multiscale, and Swmapert had something more useful (like Hammer Arm or Mold Breaker).

Love the team redesigns, but Mega Diancie reminds me too much of Mega Gardevoir.
I heard Mega Swampert gets Hammer Arm.

Tbh, I was afraid that they would make Mega Swampert look super bulky and almost round like that, but I'll get used to it. It'll probably have through the roof Attack and Defense. SWAMPERT SMASH!
I love Mega Sceptile and Diancie. Dat pine tree tail. And Diancie does look like Sailor Moon! So majestic.

Ok, is it just me or does Brendan look like a less buff Marlon? He looks like he's been tanning!

I'm impressed with the new revelations and redesigns except for one of them. I was hoping maybe we'd get new villains. I wonder how the manga is going to handle this now.

GRASS/DRAGON
dnc.gif

I love everything about this except for Tabitha and Shelly's redesigns. When I saw them I was hoping they would be new characters...then I read the info. Would have been cool to have new characters alongside them but I guess we get these redesigns replacing them. Not too fond of them being the replacements.

Aw… mah… gawd!
The only thing I can say is: I hope for mega Johto starters in some near future…
The Grass/Dragon combo for Mega Sceptile sounds great!… now, when think back, I should expected something like this, if they release Mega Blaziken. Maybe we get another version of Blaziken. It could be either M Blaziken X/Y or α/ω
But that Mega Diancie… seems some weird. Idk why, but, oh well. They should explain the bond between it aand Carbink in more details.
Ok, we can expect more Hoenn megas, at least… maybe Salamence and Metagross, but who knows.

The primal evolution for Kyogre and Groudon… another awkward thing. I'm curious, how many was of evolution do they invent yet.

Teal said:
Keeper of Night said:
Really wished Sceptile had gotten Multiscale, and Swmapert had something more useful (like Hammer Arm or Mold Breaker).

I heard Mega Swampert gets Hammer Arm.

I meant Iron Fist, given those giant hands of his.

Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon and has Lightning Rod.

This is just like Lucario last gen with justified and 1/4 resist dark

scattered mind said:
Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon and has Lightning Rod.

This is just like Lucario last gen with justified and 1/4 resist dark

Yeah but doesn't Lightning Rod make you Immune and gain +1 Sp Atk now? Isn't this actually a good thing because it stops Volt Switchers and gives Sceptile free boosts?

I'm probably the only one who's more excited at the updated playable characters than the Megas, huh?

The new Megas look amazing (glad to FINALLY see a post-Gen IV Mega in Diancie), and the characters all look very nice. I'm definitely looking forward to ORAS all the more now! Definitely going to play as May (but to be honest, I like her old outfit better.)

Just focusing on the Hoenn aspects:

This is so beautiful! Grass/Dragon...I've been dreaming of a Sceptile mega just like this! Props to GF for no disappointment there. Its ability...eh, no problems with Thunder Wave now. Now Sceptile can also raise its Special Attack with a mere switch-in, so not bad. I've seen several posts about how the 4x ice weakness is unattractive, but that hasn't stopped the million Dragon-types that deal with the same problems. Great job--favorite Hoenn starter, favorite Hoenn mega.

Swampert reminds me of a wrecking ball seems like it will renew its retired title as one of the best bulky waters competitively, but Swift Swim is kind of disappointing. I think Mold Breaker would've been a better ability, but an in-game team with Kyogre would make it pretty scary. Decent.

I'm so glad that Team Aqua and Team Magma are coming back. I agree that Team Aqua's administrators are not the greatest looking, but Archie himself looks powerful. Team Magma's fine the way it is. I don't mind Brendan's and May's updated looks, though May's bow is not doing her justice. Oh well.

The different bikes should guarantee the hopping around to hidden places along certain routes..but I'm going to wait for more leaks before I start on that.

Back