New 'Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions, Details Revealed in 'CoroCoro' [6/7]

Starboard Driger said:
Leaf_Ranger said:
Aqua & Plasma: WTF***********************************************************************CK!? o_O
Both Maxie & Archie lost their elegance and are now nothing more than freaks: Maxie looks like a Flare fool and Archie like some freaking superhero. The female adm. look like they're seducing someone. WTH, have GF played Assassin's Creed Black Flag or something!?

They all looked incredibly plain before. Maxie was an old dude with a mullet, Archie looked like a generic gang boss, the only thing distinguishing the Magma Admins from the grunts were their pants and the Aqua Admins looked like this:

Spr_RS_Matt.png
Spr_RS_Shelly.png

In my opinion it's an improvement, both thematically and aesthetically.

First of all, go take a better look at the Magma Adms: bigger horns, three "bracelets" on each wrist and not just two, capes and two white stripes for Tabitha and one stripe for Courtney (also bigger skirt), so quite a few differences that made them stand out.

In my opinion less is more and along with the sober look that's why I prefer the originals. Yeah sure, the only noticeable difference in the case of Aqua Adms. was their pants' red stripe but they could maintain some elements like the red hair (Shelly) and overall, the teams look like coming out of some cartoon and have nothing to do with the originals. Seems like another case of a design aimed at children, with emphasis on the flamboyant and shocking.
The only thing that I like are the new Aqua grunts' outfit because those really were generic before and now they instill fear. Aside from that, Maxie and Tabitha seem like wearing pantyhoses, Courtney follows the sexy female pattern with heels (yeah, they ought to be perfect for the missions and climbing mountains and going through caves), Matt seems like some sea hooligan that ended up castaway and Shelly...she just seems like some female Alladin. Archie seems like he's going to actually fight somebody and the only thing missing is a speech balloon saying "Ahoy mate"! How much do you want to bet that Aqua will now have a sailing boat that is discovered to be the one that'll be used and refitted years latter by Plasma!?

I really like most of the Magma/Aqua redesigns (especially Aqua...Matt reminds me of the Berzerker class from Fire Emblem even more now).

I'm a little worried/excited about them redesigning the gym leaders. Sure, Norman, Wattson, and Brawly probably could benefit from an update (I'd like to see Brawly actually look like a zen surfer dude instead of a vacationer), but Winona, Flannery, and Wallace all have such signature designs, I don't really want to see them change. Speaking of Wallace, I wonder if they'll make him champion in these games and thereby have Steven work in more of a support role.

Was thinking about the Prehistoric formes, and I got really excited.

Think about it, Groudon and Kyogre were created when the Pokearth was being made, which was prolly around sixty hundred million years or so. I dunno. The new formes are what they were like when they were at their prime. Their strongest.

The beasts are regressing themselves to when they were able to shake the whole earth with a single roar. A roar.

Kyogre/Groudon forms: So I was right in thinking that the new Kyogre and Groudon forms aren't megas. I wonder how this "ancient devolution" is activated. Maybe Kyogre's prehistoric form will have Thousand Waves and Groudon's will have Thousand Arrows?

Mega evolutions: Wasn't expecting Mega Diancie, but it's beautiful. I like Mega Sceptile's design and typing; it's my favorite of the Hoenn starters' mega evolutions. Lightningrod is an interesting choice to give it as an ability. Mega Swampert kind of looks forced. I'm guessing the rival will not only fully evolve their starter this time, but mega evolve it too.

New designs: The player characters both look younger. Archie looks even more badass. I didn't like Maxie's new design at first, but the poster who compared Team Magma to geologists changed my mind and it seems fitting when I look at him from that perspective. Still, I prefer the black pants in RSE to the red shorts with striped red stockings. For some reason, the shorts makes it difficult for me to take him seriously.The admins from both groups look like completely different characters. Tabitha reminds me of Dudley from Harry Potter. Courtney and the Magma grunts look like anime cosplayers. Courtney is adorable and I want to huggle her =^_^= Matt is a hulk o.o Shelly looks better with black hair. When I saw the Aqua grunts, the "You are a pirate" song started playing in my head. Steven doesn't seem much different, other than the accessories on his sleeves (possibly the mega bangle?) and his eyes seem like a different shade of gray/silver.

Mach Bike/Acro Bike: It would be more convenient to just combine them into one. It won't be an issue for me personally since I only plan to switch to the Acro Bike once to get to certain areas, then back to the Mach Bike for the rest of the game. But I definitely understand why people find the two different bikes tedious.

Also, today I learned what a bangle is.

I just realized that there are now three Pokemon on my planned team who can mega evolve.

So the new Groudon and Kyogre formes are called "Ancient Devolution"?
NjWRNDQ.jpg
I'm so sorry I couldn't resist. Please forgive me.

[split] New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

Does anyone else think that Mega Swampert looks like http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101217170021/dynastywarriors/images/5/50/Caoren-dw7.jpg mixed with this? http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140422022627/archiesonic/images/thumb/a/a3/Rotor_Walrus_Reboot.jpg/255px-Rotor_Walrus_Reboot.jpg

http://www.gengame.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/mega-diancie-300x294.jpg

http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/13/14516.jpg

Am I the only one who sees the resemblance?

People who are complaining about Steven having Mega Charizard....You do see it's level 100, right? It's probably just a tutorial or something. I seriously doubt you're gonna fight that Charizard.
Edit: Oops. It seems ALL the Pokemon are level 100. My bad. I still think it's just a tutorial, though.

http://puu.sh/9jKFz/3b7baccd58.jpg

Anyone else notice that Archie became Batman?

Yellow utility belt: CHECK
Dark color scheme: CHECK
Fringed dark cape: CHECK
Full body jumpsuit: CHECK

-Mega Blaziken, no surprise here. He was in XY, so it was expected.

-Not too fond of M. Swampert being so buff.

-M. Sceptile actually looks cool, despite him being my leat favorite starter, period.

-M. Diancie is really unique, but I may just be defending my preference for Female-Looking Pokemon (Why are you so awesome, Lilligant and Meloetta?)

-The character re-designs are pretty unneccesary, but are pretty interesting. Brendan looks like he pumps at the Fitness Center on Tuesday Mornings, and May... Still makes me feel akward. I don't know which makes me feel more uncomfortable, The original Design or the new one.

Not a fan of new Shelly. Character looks nice but completely strays from what it was originally. Skin tone and hair color and style... it's like a completely new person... I bet it won't even be Shelly. It will simply be... admin....

Sesquipedalian said:
Why would they give Steven Mega Charizard X? This is a massive missed opportunity for a Mega Metagross.

I feel same . Steven don't even own Charizard in Ruby,Sapphire,Emerald . If he get Mega Aggron / Metagross i can understand that . But Steven with Mega Charizard that doesn't make sense at all . :(

Leaf_Ranger said:
The female adm. look like they're seducing someone.
They are.
Leaf_Ranger said:
Edit: it's just me or Brendan (if that's still his name) is becoming a litle tanned!? Btw, Team Aqua must have been taking vacations in Humilau!
That's only natural. Hoenn is like one big Humilau.
Leaf_Ranger said:
PS: all my hype is now gone, and my expectations for E3 are to see more disturbing stuff.
PS2: going by this experience...yeah, Game Freak, don't you dare making any more remakes. Stay put!
O__o
Blob55 said:
So are the new ancient Kyogre/Groudon pre-evolutions? What's the point of having them, unless their stat spread is like Scyther -> Scizor?
It makes sense they used to be stronger when they needed to actually use their powers compared to after a long sleep.
yammark said:
Sesquipedalian said:
Why would they give Steven Mega Charizard X? This is a massive missed opportunity for a Mega Metagross.

I feel same . Steven don't even own Charizard in Ruby,Sapphire,Emerald . If he get Mega Aggron / Metagross i can understand that . But Steven with Mega Charizard that doesn't make sense at all . :(
Unless it says Steven actually owns the Charizard, I think it's just a placeholder to demonstrate that he researches mega evolution.

Gotta say, Sceptile looks awesome in mega form. Swampert, weeelllll... He sort of looks a little "big boned" if you get what I mean. Mega Diancie looks nice (and I'm willing to bet my Pokémon card collection it will appear in the newest movie) but nothing that incredible in my opinion.

However, those Groudon and Kyogre forms look magnificent! I wouldn't mind seeing a movie about those. :D

Retro_on_theGo said:

Personally, I think Mega Diancie looks more like Neo Serenity, and I Plan on making it my new sig someday.

Despite her looking like a magical girl, she is really pretty, and I can't wait to use her in game. =]

Axell Starr said:
Retro_on_theGo said:

Personally, I think Mega Diancie looks more like Neo Serenity, and I Plan on making it my new sig someday.

Despite her looking like a magical girl, she is really pretty, and I can't wait to use her in game. =]
More like Ultimate Madoka (aka Godoka), I mean look at that dress. Plus pink:
http://images.goodsmile.info/cgm/im...54/large/5d7c67f6653a5c65115dd3eb8ff0a293.jpg

Leaf_Ranger said:
Kyogre & Groundon: thank Arceus they don't mega-evolve. WHAT A RELIEF!

Aqua & Plasma: WTF***********************************************************************CK!? o_O
Both Maxie & Archie lost their elegance and are now nothing more than freaks: Maxie looks like a Flare fool and Archie like some freaking superhero. The female adm. look like they're seducing someone. WTH, have GF played Assassin's Creed Black Flag or something!?

Seriously, I'm sooooooo happy that I still have my Sapphire and Emerald games!

Edit: it's just me or Brendan (if that's still his name) is becoming a litle tanned!? Btw, Team Aqua must have been taking vacations in Humilau!

Edit 2: I don't mind Sceptile's design except for the red tip that really makes it look like a Christmas tree but Swampert seems like the new Knuckles from Sonic Boom.

Edit 3: Seriously, did you guys had to give Steven some Cheren-style pants? WTH*******LL!?

PS: all my hype is now gone, and my expectations for E3 are to see more disturbing stuff.

PS2: going by this experience...yeah, Game Freak, don't you dare making any more remakes. Stay put!

Last edit: yeah, I'm imagining that Professor Birch is now the Green Hulk!?
If you hate these games (or if you think that remakes have to be just like the old games), just play the old Ruby/Sapphire. It's simple, really.

P.s. I freaking love MegaSwampert, I looooove it's bulky body! I want this bodybuilder N.O.W.! Light weight babe!!!

Fairy Type Arceus said:
professorlight said:
I realized a bit later that they based each design on high school clique archetypes;

Magma/Geeks:
Maxie the nerd
Tabitha the fat guy
Courtney the petite, shy girl, possibly goth (look at her frilly dress and covered head)

Aqua/Populars:
Archie the jock
Shelley the popular, sexy cheerleader
Matt the brutish bully

I swear, if their characters end up living to these standards in the game, GF is going to get it.

Funny because most people who played the originals are in high school now ( like myself)

High school? Damn you must be young. I was 13 when I played the originals and it's been 4 years since I finished highschool =p

Edit: I wouldn't even have noticed those shoes until I noticed just how many of you were bringing them up. Definitely getting rid of those shoes as soon as I can.

Back