New 'Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions, Details Revealed in 'CoroCoro' [6/7]

Chespin777 said:
Retro_on_theGo said:
No they're not. Team Aqua is outside at sea all day so they're more tan while Team Magma are scientists researching most of the day.
Why do people jump to race?

Retro, how does racism fit the discussion of Pokemon? I don't recall there's a gym leader in X&Y wearing an apron. I think you meant Lenora from B&W.

Yea that's why they changed Lenora's design. At first they gave her an apron, which was extremely racist, why does a museum curator wear an apron even.

Team Aqua has black hair too so it's more than just a strong Tan. I've never seen a tan make someone black

xayshade said:
Chespin777 said:
Retro, how does racism fit the discussion of Pokemon? I don't recall there's a gym leader in X&Y wearing an apron. I think you meant Lenora from B&W.

Yea that's why they changed Lenora's design. At first they gave her an apron, which was extremely racist, why does a museum curator wear an apron even.

Team Aqua has black hair too so it's more than just a strong Tan. I've never seen a tan make someone black
So what if they're black anyway? What's the problem in having black people in a game and how is that racist at all?

Lenora was depicted to the west, and foreign nations as a stereotype, of a racial mama slave. Therefore gamefreak decided to give her a separate artwork, other than the original artwork, which featured her wearing the apron. Sadly, Lenora got bastardized as a second black character introduced to the pokemon series.

Tensho said:
Gentlefish said:
I'm gonna copy and paste a post I made on another site:

I'm kinda surprised no one's noticed Groudon and Kyogre's new attacks.
On the page featuring them, you can clearly see them battling it out in the artwork with crazy lava spikes and water streams.
However, in the screenshots we can see those exact techniques, with screenshots of Groudon and Kyogre in battle directly preceding them. Coincidence? I think not.

Even more interesting, Groudon's attack looks like a perfect Ground/Fire move in the same vein as Flying Press, and Kyogre is either surrounded by really weird-looking drops of water or chunks of ice, and the floating originators of the water blasts look quite similar.
Basically, I think we just might be seeing Ground/Fire Groudon and Water/Ice Kyogre with matching dual-type moves. It's not exactly likely, but Groudon has been trying to be a dual-type all its life, and... well, I already explained everything else.

The description for those attacks are "spears of earth impale opponent", and "water pillars strike opponent".

Possibly, it's Thousand Waves and Thousand Spears? (Are the names correct, I can't remember.)

Tensho said:
Gentlefish said:
I'm gonna copy and paste a post I made on another site:

I'm kinda surprised no one's noticed Groudon and Kyogre's new attacks.
On the page featuring them, you can clearly see them battling it out in the artwork with crazy lava spikes and water streams.
However, in the screenshots we can see those exact techniques, with screenshots of Groudon and Kyogre in battle directly preceding them. Coincidence? I think not.

Even more interesting, Groudon's attack looks like a perfect Ground/Fire move in the same vein as Flying Press, and Kyogre is either surrounded by really weird-looking drops of water or chunks of ice, and the floating originators of the water blasts look quite similar.
Basically, I think we just might be seeing Ground/Fire Groudon and Water/Ice Kyogre with matching dual-type moves. It's not exactly likely, but Groudon has been trying to be a dual-type all its life, and... well, I already explained everything else.

The description for those attacks are "spears of earth impale opponent", and "water pillars strike opponent".

Hm... Well, still cool, even if I'm wrong. Getting new attacks at all is a surprise. :p

Windwhip: Thousand Arrows, IIRC, and I'm pretty sure those were determined to be Zygarde's attacks. Something about them being all green hexagons... but I haven't really looked into it, to be honest.

Take an internet brake for the weekend and I just miss everything. First off Mega Sceptile Grass/Dragon my favorite Hoenn starter just got better. Second I like all the character redesigns. I wonder if May/Brendon clothes will change color based on the game like in the originals (red for ruby and blue for sapphire). I think Team Aqua darker skin tone is good for them seeing as how they are in the sun all day being sailors realistically they would be tan from the sun. Third come on upgraded secret bases and contests!

I find it hilarious, how they made Mega Sceptile a Christmas tree :D The tree tail with red dipping, tree branches sprouting around his arms, the christmas balls/decorations on his back... And all he needs is a little jolt of electricity to light it all up! Hence the lightning rod ability.

*Dies of laughter*

Chespin777 said:
Retro_on_theGo said:
No they're not. Team Aqua is outside at sea all day so they're more tan while Team Magma are scientists researching most of the day.
Why do people jump to race?

What?
I wasn't the one talking about racism! :p C'mon I was the one stating it wasn't racism lol.
And no there's isn't a gym leader with an apron in X/Y. They meant Lenora from B/W which was edited out in the US versions because they thought the apron could be seen as a form of racism, which while I think is being a tad paranoid, I understand.

Mega Swampert, while it looks a tad ridiculous (how incredibly buff he is), Swampert is still my favorite Hoenn starter, and I'll pretty much be starting with Mudkip when I get my hands on a copy of Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. (I'll have to wait and see the exclusives to make my decision, although I may eventually purchase a copy of the other game, like I did with X and Y.)

Mega Swampert is gross.

May and Brendon um... They look kinda dead inside and I don't like May's bandanna, as it looks like a bow and she has some of BW girl's pant fluff on her.

Blob, you wont even see it comin, so u better watch yoself.

Anyway, I honestly like how May now has a headband since it makes her look less like a girl with the sole purpose of being a trainer and more of a kid who is also a trainer look. Kinda like the XY, BW, and HGGS trainers. Also, Hilda's (Hilda is the BW girl) short shorts fluff was from them being cut i think? That, or pockets. Besides, that's part of the shirt.

Minous2 said:
I find it hilarious, how they made Mega Sceptile a Christmas tree :D The tree tail with red dipping, tree branches sprouting around his arms, the christmas balls/decorations on his back... And all he needs is a little jolt of electricity to light it all up! Hence the lightning rod ability.

*Dies of laughter*

As painful as this is for me, Sceptile being a favorite of mine... I have to agree with, and laugh, with you. :p

Chocolate Death said:
Blob, you wont even see it comin, so u better watch yoself.

Anyway, I honestly like how May now has a headband since it makes her look less like a girl with the sole purpose of being a trainer and more of a kid who is also a trainer look. Kinda like the XY, BW, and HGGS trainers. Also, Hilda's (Hilda is the BW girl) short shorts fluff was from them being cut i think? That, or pockets. Besides, that's part of the shirt.

I honestly think of it as the other way around. I like that Crystal and May were the first girls who didn't look like they had to be forced into liking fashion, like wearing girly short sleeved T-Shirts, a frilly skirt (even though Rosa already wears trousers), ridiculous looking hair and stupidly short shorts. (I know May wears short shorts, but at least she comes from a hot country! Dawn has NO excuse.)

Oh, no I didn't mean like they had to wear feminine stuff. I meant I prefer casual stuff more than stuff that makes them look like "battle" is all that's on their minds. Also, may wears biking shorts, not short shorts.

I've noticed a lot of people are commenting on the frill around the bottom of May's shirt, and how it's unrealistic for her to have. That 'frill' is a common thing to find on women's tanktops; it's lace edging (although in this case it's stylized) and it is the bane of my existence when shopping for clothes. See, when you wear tanktops/camisoles with lace at the bottom, often times it rides up and bunches together, creating a look similar to the one May is sporting.

And to preemptively answer the question "Why not just wear a tanktop without lace at the bottom", sometimes solid-colored, lightweight tanktops WITHOUT lace are plain impossible to find. For some reason, clothes makers seem to assume that all women looooove the feel of lace, so they like to slap it on anything that might directly touch our skin. In reality, the stuff tends to itch, ride up, and sometimes fray/unravel after a few washes (but that problem mostly depends on the lace pattern).

But I digress; to me, it looks like the black part is an undershirt with lace edging around the bottom, while the red is a layered spaghetti strap top with a bit of fabric to create a 'collar'. That kind of combination is very common with girls who are active, but not quite developed enough (or ready) to wear bras full-time. I see tween and young teen girls wearing outfits like that all the time here in the South; it's hot out, but the more layers you have means the less sunscreen you have to put on. Lightweight tanktops under spaghetti straps, along with light-colored shorts over leggings are an amicable (and realistic) compromise.

Kitana Coldfire said:
And to preemptively answer the question "Why not just wear a tanktop without lace at the bottom", sometimes solid-colored, lightweight tanktops WITHOUT lace are plain impossible to find. For some reason, clothes makers seem to assume that all women looooove the feel of lace, so they like to slap it on anything that might directly touch our skin. In reality, the stuff tends to itch, ride up, and sometimes fray/unravel after a few washes (but that problem mostly depends on the lace pattern).

Tell me about it! >_> It's really hard to find undies without the stupid lacing and it sometimes rubs too much, causes wedgies, or comes off to the point that you can't wear them anymore, because the lacing seems to hold it all together.

Oh, no I didn't mean like they had to wear feminine stuff. I meant I prefer casual stuff more than stuff that makes them look like "battle" is all that's on their minds. Also, may wears biking shorts, not short shorts.

I like the battle clothes more on females, as it doesn't look as dumb or forced girly. Personally, I think all girls from Dawn on only have fashion on their minds.

After seeing Brendan/May in the Digital Event today, I was sort of disappointed that they were in their RS outfits--even though that totally makes sense, I had some attachment to the Emerald clothing. RSE were the first games that had clothing change between releases, so this was never an issue before.

But then it hit me: We have trainer customization now, don't we? I'm calling the Emerald outfits as post-game unlockables.

Remember how Delta Emerald was copyrighted by them right after? I'm gonna guess that their Emerald outfits will be in Delta Emerald.

Chocolate Death said:
Remember how Delta Emerald was copyrighted by them right after? I'm gonna guess that their Emerald outfits will be in Delta Emerald.

That's if they make a Delta Emerald game... because a lot of people think that they copyrighted Delta Emerald to just "cover their bases" and such.

CuriousCleffa said:
Chocolate Death said:

That's if they make a Delta Emerald game... because a lot of people think that they copyrighted Delta Emerald to just "cover their bases" and such.

Precisely. Copyrighting a name means absolutely nothing. Heck, they trademarked WaterBlue along with FireRed and LeafGreen, but it was also just to cover their bases.

The most likely scenario is that they've kept some of the extra things from Emerald (Mirage Tower, Gym leader upgrades, Battle Frontier), but the games will mostly be true to R/S. That's how they did it with HG/SS; they included the more interesting plot points and features of Crystal, but otherwise kept them G/S remakes at heart.

More than likely, the next game(s) after ORAS will be the 'Z' version(s), followed by Gen VII afterwards.

Back