Games Fire Emblem

Trainerhan1

Chooses to not abandon his wagon.
Astra said:
@Trainerhan:

Chrom marries the woman he's built up the highest amount of support points with at the end of Chapter 12. In the event of a tie, the priority list is: Sumia > Sully > Maribelle > Olivia > Female Avatar. Each time you see a heart come up on top of Chrom and someone else, the two just gained one love point.

Thanks for the info Astra. I will not repeat this mistake ever again.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I need to wait until April before Awakening comes out here, but I still need a 3DS anyway, so I guess it's not so bad. I rather like that they're putting in some throwbacks to the old games in this one. Can't wait to try it out.

Trainerhan1

Chooses to not abandon his wagon.
I have not bought any DLC yet but if I do will I be able to download it in a different save file form the one I bought it on? Basically If I buy it once will I ever have to buy it again, even if I start over the game?

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...
Trainerhan1 said:
I have not bought any DLC yet but if I do will I be able to download it in a different save file form the one I bought it on? Basically If I buy it once will I ever have to buy it again, even if I start over the game?

Once you buy it, it's linked to your eShop account. You'll never have to buy it again (as long as you keep your 3DS, heh). Nothing will be affected by starting new files.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
So I just finished chapter 9. I only get to play FE a few days per week due to schedule and stuff.

My response so far to the chapter ending is OMG ;-; ;-; ;-;

Anyway, I managed to get Sumia to S support with Chrom (as well as the Avatar in a separate save file, for gallery purposes), and while I was at it, I got her all the way up to level 20! I swear, the first pegasus knight you get is always a juggernaut at higher levels.

I have the choice to promote her, which I will do ASAP. Falcoknight over Dark Flier, yes? A flier with staves is a fantastic thing...?

Edit: Also, is it just me, or could this picture pass for a confession shot? (For those who aren't aware, a confession shot is when a character gets an S-rank support with your Avatar. FE Wiki has sample pictures of them.)

Dialkia198

Too lazy to put something new here
DNA said:
I have the choice to promote her, which I will do ASAP. Falcoknight over Dark Flier, yes? A flier with staves is a fantastic thing...?

I suppose you could promote her into a Falcoknight. However, Dark Flier gets Tomes, as well as the skill Galeforce at level 15, which I believe allows you to move again after killing an enemy. Either way, though, I don't think it will really matter that much.

DNA

Advanced Member
...Tomes suck in this game, though. I'd rather stick with something more reliable. Besides, staves are better than tomes anyway, because healers are the best units.

Robot

HOENN CONFIRMED
I've been playing this game for a while, I just forgot about this thread. It's definitly my favorite 3DS game now. I just beat Chapter 13, and I have a few questions I'd like definite answers on:

1: When should I start to change classes? I read that you should wait until lv 20 so they get ALL stat boosts and stuff, but I also heard that at lv 15 or 16 is good. Also, is there any difference between a Second and Master Seal? Like, should I use a Second Seal to get one class, max out for stats, and then use the Master Seal for a final class? Most of my units are between 10 and 16.

2: Don't open unless you beat Chapter 13 or you already know about children and pairing and stuff.
Is it too late to start getting Units toward S? If it is too late, worst that happens is I pair my Units and grind with Reeking Boxes. And also, can Chrom get married twice, or does it have to be before Maribelle? I thinking of pairing him with Sumia. Last question: does your Avatar need to get married twice for Morgan and then the mother's kid, or do you have them both with the same mother? I'm just a bit confused on this whole concept and I want to be as good at this game as I possibly can. It's just too confusing for me! >,>

DNA

Advanced Member
Robot:
Each character can only get married once. If that character has a child, you unlock that respective paralogue once you get past chapter 13 and get that character's S-rank (if I recall correctly).

Also, I always wait until LV20 to apply the Master Seal. I've not bothered with Second Seals, though you get skills from other classes that way, so that could be my mistake.

Robot

HOENN CONFIRMED
DNA:
Thanks. The only info I've been getting on pairing is from this: http://www.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-awakening/Marriage_and_Children

As far as you (or someone else) can tell, is it accurate? To me, it's all just confusing. This'll be the only part of the game I'll need help on, I swear! xD

DNA

Advanced Member
Looks accurate to me, although I'd like Bippa to confirm.

Robot

HOENN CONFIRMED
I looked into the whole Second Seal thing, and they might be worth it. I owuldn't bother with it unless you want to make a character 'perfect' and have all sorts of good skills. My only problem with it is that they bring you down to level 1, but not in a good way like a Master Seal, so you'll need to grind A LOT to get them back up. I'm probably not going to bother with them, but maybe on one character for fun or something.

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
Robot said:
I looked into the whole Second Seal thing, and they might be worth it. I owuldn't bother with it unless you want to make a character 'perfect' and have all sorts of good skills. My only problem with it is that they bring you down to level 1, but not in a good way like a Master Seal, so you'll need to grind A LOT to get them back up. I'm probably not going to bother with them, but maybe on one character for fun or something.

They do, actually. The way Second Seals seem to work is that you keep all of your stats (they may fall because of naturally slower gains or to meet the new classes stat caps) whenever changing to a respectively tiered class. Say, if you change from a level twenty Mage to a level twenty Thief. Both of those are basic classes, so you wouldn't lose any stats. What that means is that you didn't lose anything; in fact, you gained nineteen more levels to get stat gains from! Of course, if you go from a promoted class back to a basic, then you're correct, as you're going to see a big, bad drop in stats.

As for the math in how slowly you level up (which could be seen as a bad thing), I read somewhere that it's something like, [Character's Level/2 + 1 = Internal Level] So basically, if you Second Seal a level ten Thief, your new level when calculating EXP is going to be six. Or in other words, your EXP is going to be gained as quickly as if you were a level six character.

Also, Master Seals send you automatically to an internal level of twenty one. So using a Master Seal on a level ten character isn't the best idea (unless you just want to earn new skills in different classes) since you would be losing out on a lot of "cheaper" EXP by passing levels eleven through twenty.

/thethingsNeoGAFteachesyou

Robot

HOENN CONFIRMED
By 'not in a good way' I meant that Second Seals change you to another basic class, not an advanced one. Like how Fred is overpowered in the beginning of the game at just level 1 because he's an advanced class.

DNA

Advanced Member
Robot said:
By 'not in a good way' I meant that Second Seals change you to another basic class, not an advanced one. Like how Fred is overpowered in the beginning of the game at just level 1 because he's an advanced class.
If you use a Second Seal on an advanced unit of level 10 or higher, you can change them into another advanced class, with the stats changing appropriately to match. (They still reset to LV1, but that's still 19 more levels of growth.)
Don't worry; you're not out of luck.

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
Yep. My Avatar can turn into pretty much anything under the sun at level twenty as a Grandmaster... Including right back to Grandmaster, lol.

I need to play some more. I made a single mistake on a map, (separate sent him north instead of east to cover the fort releasing reinforcements the next turn) and Frederick died. Honestly, I don't even like him. Unfortunately, the thought that someone died is just not something I'm going to continue with, so I restarted. But the idea of replaying the same map for the fourth time (all previous times taking an hour+) to get through AND keep everyone alive is just... No.

Stupid Frederick.

DNA

Advanced Member
I haven't used Frederick ever, since he's apparently the Jagen of the game. I don't even know if his stat growths are good or not.

Robot

HOENN CONFIRMED
I used Fredrick a lot in the beginning, being overpowered as an Advanced class and all, but I started to use him less around Chapter 9 or 10 or so, catching up with everybody else.

Also, I have a question about Chapter 14:
When they set most of the Valmese fleet on fire, how did Chrom and Co. escape? Were they picked up by the other Plegia-borrowed ships?

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
I didn't use Frederick at all past Chapter 4 (and even then, he was just a weaponless wall). I just never expected to bring more than twelve characters on the same mission; therefore, I only have twelve people trained up to be useful. Frederick was just my strongest weak guy so he tagged along. Then died. And yeah, his stats and gains are pitiful from what I've seen.

Robot, I honestly don't know. That didn't really make sense to me either. I guess they were just trying to burn the commander's?

DNA

Advanced Member
@Robot:
Lifeboats, I'm guessing. Also, this is by no means an extraordinary thing; there are records of naval fights in the past in which 1 outnumbered army would send one of their boats in, lit on fire, to sabotage the enemy fleet. It was an ingenious tactic, and it worked many times.