Games Fire Emblem

Just got this game today, and I have a question. About how many hours does it take to get to the place where you can download DLC?

That can widely vary as it opens up after Chapter 4, so you have a few stages to go through first. If you just want to get the free DLC before the promotion ends, I recommend starting a new file set to Normal/Casual. Just plow through everything as Frederick and get it from that file. As DLC bought on one file can be played on any of them you don't have to ever touch it again once you reach that point. May even be able to delete it (the dummy file) and keep the download, but I'm not saying anything for sure on that (though I'm pretty sure you can). Doing that it'd probably only take you... Twenty~ minutes?

Second Seal-related questions:

I got my Avatar to level 20/20 and I'm only on chapter 20! DOHOHOHO! :D

Anyway, I want him to get better, so I have a few questions. First, if I Second Seal him, and then get him to level 10+ in an Advanced Class, can I Second Seal him back into Grandmaster?
Second, what classes are there that can use magic and weapons? I know of Dark Knight, Dark Flier (female only sadly), War Monk/Cleric, and Tactician/Grandmaster, but are there any others? I want to exploit the incredibly amazing Ignis skill as much as possible.

AND ONE LAST HYPER SPOILER QUESTION TO BE ANSWERED ONLY BY BIPPA
Third, if I get Walhart and Second Seal him, can I Second Seal him later back into his original class?

Ok, I've been playing the game for a few days now, and.... it's already probably one of the best games I've already played.(I'm on chapter 13, and have normal/casual as my difficulty(first FE game) if anyones wondering) Anyways I'd write more, but I'm going back to playing it now.

EDIT:
So I was right, Lucina is Chrom's daughter...

I have a DLC question. I was planning on buying EXPonential Growth, but I'm wondering if the other DLC in the Golden Pack are worth it for the few extra dollars, or if I should save my money for future DLC.

EXPonential Growth is full of Entombed, of both low and high levels, so there is a lot of payout to be had. (And, like all DLC, you can play it multiple times.) You also get to hear Chrom say "Le sigh"!
Strictly speaking there are other ways to get EXP, but this is one of the faster ways.

Thanks. Should I buy it in the bundle with Golden Gaffe and the other-one-that-I-forget-the-name-of, or should I only buy EXPonential Growth as-is? I don't really have any problems with Gold and I'm fine with weapons (which is what I think the 3rd pack comes with).

The Infinite Regalia level contains, iirc, a lot of A-level weapons that can't be acquired anywhere else - like the ones with all the funky names.
I just bought the pack just because.
Also, if you play the Golden Gaffe just once, you'll be set for money for life.

I think I have actually found one thing bad about Fire Emblem: Awakening. It is the only bad thing I can think of.

And it's...
It's a 3DS game, and not everyone has or wants a 3DS.

I'll buy the whole pack later today then, thanks :D.

EVERYBODY will probably buy 3DSs once X and Y come out. Adding main series Pokemon games to the 3DS's already great game lineup is just an amazing idea.

The amount of people who have 3DS has been growing for a while. I know people that bought a 3DS to play this game specifically. By the time Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing come out even more people will have it and will have a way to check out this game as well. Pokemon will also help too.

dmaster out.

Okay, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. If it isn't, tell me and I'll delete this post.

So, I've heard of this thing called a 'Pick My Units' run for Fire Emblem, and I was wanting to try it. This'll be on my second file of Awakening. Here's how it basically goes:

-Chrom, Avatar (because required), Donnel (because Donnel), and Morgan (because Morgan) are being used. You can pick my other 8 units. Also, you choose what classes they end up as (for example, Lon'qu as a Griffon Knight).
Other, non-basic rules:
-1 Non-Morgan Child character may be chosen. If they are, then their respective Parent character is added as well. (In the case of Masked Marth of Spoilers, one of the four mothers may be chosen.
-Reclassing through Second Seal is allowed and encouraged! However, nothing TOO drastic of a change, like Cherche as a Valkyrie.
-No choosing Basilio, Flavia, or any of the Spotpass Characters.
-Dread Fighter IS available for class choices.

Chrom: Lord --> Great Lord --> Dread Fighter
Avatar (female): Tactician --> Grandmaster --> Dark Flier
Donnel: Villager --> ???
Morgan (male): ??? --> ???
Kellam: Knight --> General
Olivia: Dancer

The rest, you decide.
And that's about it. Once again, if I'm posting this in the wrong place, tell me and I'll delete this.
edit: Added Kellam and Olivia, and Avatar as a Dark Flier, since a friend of mine suggested it.
edit (again): Another friend suggested Dread Fighter Chrom, so that's in. I'm starting to consider just figuring this team out myself, since nobody here seems to be willing to help me.
edit (again(again)): You know what, pay no attention to this post whatsoever. Pretend it's not here. I'll just figure this thing out by myself.

To be a jerk and say someone useless/hard to work with or be nice and say someone good... Hmm... How about both. Kellam as General and Olivia stays Dancer. Not very creative with either I guess, but it's good and bad. =X (Unless Olivia isn't frail through the whole game. Goodness she died too much as Dancer.)

My Morgan is officially broken. She just SOLOED (with Chrom as partner since he's required) Chapter 22 with only a single Elixir taken. Her stats are something like 78 Health, 42 Attack, and 35~ Defense and Resistance. 247 Stat Total. She just takes all the attacks and dishes out kills with Ignis. It's just amazing.

Too bad now I have a get out of jail free card if any upcoming chapters are difficult. :p

I think once I beat this playthrough of Hard Classic I'm starting up another where all deaths are taken. Either that, or I'm just doing another with everyone marrying different people. I actually never saw Miriam's or Sully's child (they got benched really early), and I've basically ignored all but three or four of the kids because I'm just too far in the game to make 'em worthwhile.

Oh well, replayability!

SotS said:
My Morgan is officially broken. She just SOLOED (with Chrom as partner since he's required) Chapter 22 with only a single Elixir taken. Her stats are something like 78 Health, 42 Attack, and 35~ Defense and Resistance. 247 Stat Total. She just takes all the attacks and dishes out kills with Ignis. It's just amazing.
Yeah, my Morgan is like that too. She's maxed out every stat but defense and resistance without any stat boosters. Also, on the note of it being too late to make training more children worth it, it's never too late. In my playthrough, Inigo, Gerome, and Owain weren't on the team until Chapter 24, and they still helped a lot in the battles.

DNA said:
Second Seal-related questions:

I got my Avatar to level 20/20 and I'm only on chapter 20! DOHOHOHO! :D

Anyway, I want him to get better, so I have a few questions. First, if I Second Seal him, and then get him to level 10+ in an Advanced Class, can I Second Seal him back into Grandmaster?
Second, what classes are there that can use magic and weapons? I know of Dark Knight, Dark Flier (female only sadly), War Monk/Cleric, and Tactician/Grandmaster, but are there any others? I want to exploit the incredibly amazing Ignis skill as much as possible.
1. Yes, I did this multiple times (Grandmaster-->Sorceror-->Grandmaster-->Assassin-->Grandmaster)
2. The only classes that use magic and weapons are the ones you listed and Dread Fighter. Dread Fighter is a special class that uses Swords, Axes, and Magic, but it's only available through DLC.

Yeah it's not too late, that was the wrong word choice. But I don't want to grind them up whenever I already have units that are perfectly capable of finishing the main game. Not to mention, the less I know about the characters this playthrough, the more special they'll be in my next ones.

HOW DID YOU GET OWAIN SO LATE. omyword he is the best child in the game right under Morgan. His supports almost always make me laugh. Morgan's make me go <3 from her kindhearted-ness though, and that can't be dethroned. Especially her father-daughter supports.

Right now I'm on Chapter 17 and I'm just now getting most of the kids.(don't know if that's late in the game or not)

Anyways does anyone know if Nintendo will release a soundtrack of this game? Because I would buy it for sure if they did.

I'm not getting any of the child characters until I 20/20 the parents (save the one that you're forced to recruit).

Chapter 22? That chapter is easy.

I think it was 22. The one where it keeps spawning those Mire mages that shoot you from out of reach. It did look pretty easy from layout; the Morgan solo was just for the lulz before I actually played through it. I didn't expect that to actually work though.

As for the kids, I was thinking of perfecting the parents first, getting good skills and all that jazz. But I'd rather do that in a later playthrough since worrying about stats just isn't my thing in a first run. It just makes the whole thing less interesting (for me of course, not saying that's what everyone thinks).

I only have one chapter left and I have not used and of the child characters, except Lucina. Anyway, does anyone know if it is possible to recruit Aversa, and if so before or after the final chapter?

Back