Deck Discussion

RE: New Best Deck in the Format?

Granted there is a chance I won't get Emboar T2. But it is highly likely that I will start with Reshiram, esp with 3/4 Collector. You will not get Ampharos T1, so when you do get it out I will already have attached 1/2 energy to Reshiram even without Emboar. So by the first Blue Flare, I only take at most 2 damage counters majority of the time. Getting 1 Ampharos out T2 is less likely than Emboar T2, let alone 2, or even 3. Ampharos has much less draw support than Emboar, hence takes longer to setup.

And you should be worried about Blue Flare, just as I should be worried about Bolt Strike. With a Plus Power, that is a OHKO. Sooner or later, you will have to bring up Ampharos, he can't sit on the bench for the whole game.

Like emboar can not sit on the bench I could pokemon reversal you up or use pokemon catcher when that comes out. I know you can do the same. What I'm getting at granted you do have Ninetails and emboar and they are "faster" but I do believe that Ampy has a fighting chance. I'm going to play test and see what the results will be.

Also I almost forgot you could run lost remover. It could help get ride of those dces. Along side of Ampharos Prime

Yeah of course it will have a fighting chance, and not just against Emboar variants but other decks too. There's too much that is unknown atm about the next format's decks. Anything could potentially be possible, if built right. Although the best ideas and techs will not be divulged on message boards like this and the 'gym. . .

electrics do have draw support. Magnezone prime. Unless you're up against a fighting deck, getting 2or 3 mareeps out T1 is easy, then drop a pachirisu, and use mareeps's first attack. You effectively set out 5 energy turn 1. And that kind of attachment is dangerous if you're also running lanturn prime. Swtch, energy switch, evolve to lanturn prime, drop a dce onto lanturn, and hit for 110 or 120 if you attached a dce to mareep.

I'm not gonna give away the deck, but that is the attack strategy, only I also stall with zekrom while I get a magnezone prime and one or 2 ampharos primes out on the bench. Aside from pachi, ampharos (not prime), and the secret tech.. There isn't an awesome energy dropping solution in the deck.

but that's ok

1. VileGar needs to be up there. Just because we lost Spiritomb, doesn't mean it's dead.

2. Yanmega/ MegaZone (Yanmega Magnezone), is going to be a beast with CopyCat, Judge,Juniper

whats the best decks in japan?
mewgar
zekrom
reshiram
?

our game will directly mirror theirs as we not have the exact same cards and format

Darkvoid57 said:
1. VileGar needs to be up there. Just because we lost Spiritomb, doesn't mean it's dead.

2. Yanmega/ MegaZone (Yanmega Magnezone), is going to be a beast with CopyCat, Judge,Juniper

I think vileplume will be don't used that much. Losing bebes and Uxie hurt vileplume alot

I've been play testing, and I can usually get out at least one stage 2 and 1 stage 1 turn 2. Then hit for 70. Then turn 3, 4, or 5 I get out a second stage 2 and another stage 1. Which is good since by then my first attacker is KO'd, but I have taken one or two prizes. Unless I face a massive HP pokemon early on. But it's usually very managable.

awesome draw power = ability emboar + promo shuckle + unown return + seeker. using that combination, 5 energy can potentially net you 15 cards drawn in 1 turn. (10 if you're power locked, since you wont be able to unown return the energy back to your hand)

Darkvoid57 said:

you also lose the SF gar which makes vilegar. but the rotation hasnt even happened yet. there's still MD-on BR's to think about testing for.

mismagius has the same attack as SF gengar.. But lower HP, and 2 weakness. And no fainting spell. Fainting spell made that deck IMO.

I will say Ursaring is completely playable. What shocks me is how many people discredit it. Especially with card combos that work out with it. I have been playing it for about a month now with HGSS rules and I win most of the time with it.

guys what do you think about donphan prime ?
what are the other cards that works well w/ it in hgss-on format?

the list of tier's is extremely irrelevant. tiers are stupid in any game. and there so many decks that have a diverse counter to a lot of these decks.
you are also missing a ton of decks that can be powerful arch-types.

I don't know if this deck will be viable, but it might work.

Magmortar TM, Emboar BW, Typhlosion Prime, Ninetales.

Focus of the deck is to force your opponent to deck out using top burner. Typhlosion to re-use discarded energy, ninetales for draw power.

This deck might not be tier 1, but I think it's a cool idea. There are not many decks I know that attempt to deck out your opponent, other than Mewtwo Base Set.

The only problem is that it faces the same problem as Gengar Prime; time. If you're in Top Cut, you won't have the time to deck out your opponent. I've been trying to think of a good back-up, HS-on attacker, like that guy (sorry, can't remember his name) did with his LostGar build, and teched in Vilegar.

heyboy963 said:
I don't know if this deck will be viable, but it might work.

Magmortar TM, Emboar BW, Typhlosion Prime, Ninetales.

Focus of the deck is to force your opponent to deck out using top burner. Typhlosion to re-use discarded energy, ninetales for draw power.

This deck might not be tier 1, but I think it's a cool idea. There are not many decks I know that attempt to deck out your opponent, other than Mewtwo Base Set.

The only problem is that it faces the same problem as Gengar Prime; time. If you're in Top Cut, you won't have the time to deck out your opponent. I've been trying to think of a good back-up, HS-on attacker, like that guy (sorry, can't remember his name) did with his LostGar build, and teched in Vilegar.

Actually I was thinking of this deck too, just subing the Typhlosion Prime and Ninetales for the Shuckle promo and adding Reshiram as an attacker. I do believe with the rise of fire decks in the next format that water decks will see an increase as well.

I don't know if it has been said but I think MegaJudge will be a really good deck. Yanmega prime with judge

@bigpokex

That's is a great idea, but do you know how I can get my hands on some Shuckle Promo?

Shuckle promos are kinda hard to get now, they're 10-15 bucks in most places. Glad I got 4 for my friends...*evil grin*

Back