Deck Discussion

xPOKEFREAK72x

Aspiring Trainer
With the HS-on rotation that will come into effect July 1st, what will the BDIF be?
Here are my thoughts:

Tier 1:

Stage One Rush(Zoroark and/or Donphan Prime and/or Yanmega and/or Cinccino)
MegaZone (Yanmega Prime/Magnezone Prime)
ReshiPhlosion (Reshiram/Typhlosion Prime)
ZPS (Zekrom, Pachirisu, and Shaymin)
Donphan & Dragons (Donphan Prime/Zekrom, Reshiram, and/or Kyurem)

Tier 2:
Yanmega Prime variants (Kingdra, Donphan, etc.)
LostGar (Gengar Prime/Lost World; Mew Prime/Gengar Prime/LostWorld)
ReshiBoar (Reshiram/Emboar Ability)
Kingdra Prime variants (Kingdra/Yanmega/Jirachi, etc.)
Disruption.dec (Weavile/Ambipom/Slowking/techs)
MagneBoar (Magnezone Prime/Emboar Ability)
BlastZel (Blastoise/Floatzel)
Mandibuzz (Mandibuzz/Yanmega Prime and/or Kingdra Prime and/or Jirachi and/or techs)
LostBox (Mew Prime/Jumpluff/Yanmega Prime/Muk/Vileplume and techs)

Tier 3:

Tyranitar Prime variants
Jumpluff variants (w/o Mew Prime)
DonChamp (Machamp Prime/Donphan Prime)
Crobat Prime variants
Vileplume w/ other attackers
Blastoise/Feraligatr Prime
Scizor Prime variants
Ampharos Prime variants
Lanturn Prime variants

Any speculations?
Please post what deck you feel will be on this list, what tier it will be in, and a short description of why you feel that way.
Thanks.

RE: New Best Deck in the Format?

CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
Reshiram yeah :)

I am with you but you could do it with Dhonphan Prime

I think it should go in teir 2 because you can donk in 2 turns with dhonphan prime.

will Donphan still be good without bts? also what will the new draw-power be?

I think so mlouden03. Donphan is a pretty solid Stage 1.

Also, new draw power would be Magnazone Prime (a 1-1-1 line?) and Ninetales HS (mostly fire decks though). I also see Misdreavus CL being pretty beast in LostGar (forces your opponent to draw cards also, hopefully Pokemon).

mlouden03 said:
will Donphan still be good without bts? also what will the new draw-power be?

Lillipup and Herdier

here is a technique I used at B/W PR get herdier and use pokedex and put the 5 cards in the order you want them as then use collect and draw 3 cards and you can get the best cards in your deck.

Tier 1
* ReshiBoar (Reshiram/Emboar)
* Donphan Prime
* Zekrom (Donk Combo with Pachirisu CoL and Shaymin UL)
* Healix (Steelix Prime)

Tier 2
* BlastiGatr (Blastoise UL/Feraligatr Prime)
* MagneGatr (Magnezone Prime/Feraligatr Prime)
* Tyranitar Prime (Mandibuzz tech with Reuniclus???)
* Sereuniclus (Serperior/Reuniclus)

No offense but I think LostGar is dead, the only tech that made the deck function was Palkia G Lv. X
for Lost Cyclone and without it, it doesn't work as good plus Tyranitar can counter it with ease and with Mandibuzz it can bench snipe with the Darkness Howl/Blindside combo.

I think that Cincinno (not Jumpluff) & Steelix should be Tier1, only because they're both Stage1s & can get set up easily.

How is Lostgar dead? Use Mewgar, obviously. >_> T2 start LZing Pokemon w/ Seeker or Mr.Mime etc etc... Post-rotation, Mewgar will be epic.

T-Tar can't counter Mewgar because it's too slow. T-Tar needs 2-3 turns to get set up. Mew Prime needs only 1 turn to start LZing stuff. The only deck to really match up with Mewgar would be Donphan, and it'd be a Prize vs Lost Zone race.

Card Slinger J said:
Tier 1
* ReshiBoar (Reshiram/Emboar)
* Donphan Prime
* Zekrom (Donk Combo with Pachirisu CoL and Shaymin UL)
* Healix (Steelix Prime)

Tier 2
* BlastiGatr (Blastoise UL/Feraligatr Prime)
* MagneGatr (Magnezone Prime/Feraligatr Prime)
* Tyranitar Prime (Mandibuzz tech with Reuniclus???)
* Sereuniclus (Serperior/Reuniclus)

No offense but I think LostGar is dead, the only tech that made the deck function was Palkia G Lv. X
for Lost Cyclone and without it, it doesn't work as good plus Tyranitar can counter it with ease and with Mandibuzz it can bench snipe with the Darkness Howl/Blindside combo.

You can still use LostGar with out PGLX in stead you could use Zangoose CL

Yanmega prime= Pokebody, if you and your opponent have the same # of cards in hand, its attacks need no energies.

Judge+Copycat with Yanmega FTW

Yanmega's first attack, snipe for 30 or 40, cant remember, and finish em off with Manibuzz

I love the new format. I'm thinking that fire decks will have a huge burst of popularity. I'll probably play ReshiBoar.

Darkvoid57 said:
Yanmega prime= Pokebody, if you and your opponent have the same # of cards in hand, its attacks need no energies.

Judge+Copycat with Yanmega FTW

Yanmega's first attack, snipe for 30 or 40, cant remember, and finish em off with Manibuzz

That is a good technique and the damage is 40

Hikikomori-san said:
How is Lostgar dead? Use Mewgar, obviously. >_> T2 start LZing Pokemon w/ Seeker or Mr.Mime etc etc... Post-rotation, Mewgar will be epic.

T-Tar can't counter Mewgar because it's too slow. T-Tar needs 2-3 turns to get set up. Mew Prime needs only 1 turn to start LZing stuff. The only deck to really match up with Mewgar would be Donphan, and it'd be a Prize vs Lost Zone race.

You're saying because of the Rare Candy errata that Tyranitar will be too slow to keep up in a
HGSS-On format especially to counter against almost any Gengar variant as well? So that's the "LostGar" deck that's popular in Japan it's MewGar not LostGar...

In other words you're saying that Stage 2 decks are useless in our upcoming HGSS-On format because of the Rare Candy errata, why play BlastiGatr when ReshiBoar can outspeed it. So I guess Stage 1 decks are the play now? Steelix Prime and Donphan Prime are must runs? Did I miss something here?

Is P!P/TPCi purposely trying to get me to play Serperior/Reuniclus? -___-

guys...who cares about the errata to rare candy. so what that you cant get stage 2 T1. you wouldnt have the energies T1 for a stage 2 anyway unless your using jumpluff. people need to get over that set up wont be around and things will be slower. WELCOME TO BASE SET PEOPLE...WE LOVE TO HAVE YA. maybe there will be a new haymaker :3

Card Slinger J said:
Hikikomori-san said:

You're saying because of the Rare Candy errata that Tyranitar will be too slow to keep up in a
HGSS-On format especially to counter against almost any Gengar variant as well? So that's the "LostGar" deck that's popular in Japan it's MewGar not LostGar...

In other words you're saying that Stage 2 decks are useless in our upcoming HGSS-On format because of the Rare Candy errata, why play BlastiGatr when ReshiBoar can outspeed it. So I guess Stage 1 decks are the play now? Steelix Prime and Donphan Prime are must runs? Did I miss something here?

Is P!P/TPCi purposely trying to get me to play Serperior/Reuniclus? -___-

Stage 2 decks aren't useless - they're just bloody slow post-rotation. Stage 1 decks are much faster, since they don't need Rare Candy to evolve Turn 2.

Who knows though...BTS reprint???

And I think it's Lostgar that's the meta in Japan...it's just that their Rare Candy hasn't been errata'd. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, Mew Prime variants should be added to the list. Mew Primes are fairly easy to set up, & with Rescue Energy & Revive in the next format, it won't be too hard swarming either.

^hey...accept it...we now have a slow format. BTS is gone FOREVER. SP is gone FOREVER

Back