Deck Discussion

Gengar_is_Pwnage

Happy 20th Sonic (Since '91)
RE: New Best Deck in the Format?

I think Krookodile will go far. A consistent 100 in about 2-3 turns? Yes please! Maybe the new Donphan (how stupid does that sound). I also think that Magneboar/Gatr will be either tier 2 or 1. Due to a slower format they can both set up easily. With Rare Candy there shouldnt be a problem with Stage 2s. I just dont think Donphan will get anywhere without BTS.

ogeray

Aspiring Trainer

donphan wont be donking, but that doesnt mean itll still hit hard and fast.
machamp prime will also be a powerhouse in donphan dishing out a whopping 150 dmg, which is like the most damage regular pokemon can do

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer

Tiftonhotchild said:
Mew will get hurt a lot from rotation.

Probably not cause apparently LostGar is the big metagame deck in Japan's HGSS-On format and Mew Prime is still ran in that deck as well which is another good reason to keep running Tyranitar Prime but TPCi hasn't officially confirmed with a straight answer what our next Modified format will be.

People are saying HGSS-On but they didn't specifically say that. They said that the HGSS sets would be in our next format so apparently they are shifting towards a Rising Rivals, Supreme Victors, or Arceus-On format for next season.

konter5683

Rebecca Black <3

I heard Ness predicted straight typhlosion to be Tier1. Plain old energy discard. Typhlosion&Crush Hammer&Lost Remover

I think that yanmega prime will take the place of gyarados

Tiftonhotchild

The one and Only....

Card Slinger J said:
Tiftonhotchild said:
Mew will get hurt a lot from rotation.

Probably not cause apparently LostGar is the big metagame deck in Japan's HGSS-On format and Mew Prime is still ran in that deck as well which is another good reason to keep running Tyranitar Prime but TPCi hasn't officially confirmed with a straight answer what our next Modified format will be.

if you read the whole post you will see that i was referring to losing the LV X MewPerior, MewDos. Mew is a good card but it lose all of the free attacking hard hitters

Shiny Shinx

WE ARE IN THE BEAM

BlastGatr is Tier 1. It can hit hard and fast, and is relatively cheap to make.

~SS

Kittymew

Aspiring Trainer

I don't think straight Typhlosion will be tier 1, but I do think some energy denial will become more popular, especially in fire. Straight Typhlosion just doesn't hit hard enough, and winds up in serious trouble against low energy decks, especially ones that don't need special energy, like Donchamp, and decks that can puke energy, like Blastgatr, or Magnezone decks with Emboar/Gatr. Zekrom just outspeeds the heck out of it.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.

Pardon me, as many may tell you, I haven't played the game in a while, so I don't know how well the deck performs.
But I don't think that LostGar will be Tier 1. With the errata of Rare Candy, you'd have to put down multiple Gastly at once to keep the chain going, which leaves them very vulnerable.

xPOKEFREAK72x

Aspiring Trainer

Not if you have high rescue energy counts. I've been testing LostGar for a looooong time (before Triumphant even came out) and your setup (in a HGSS format) should look like this:

-----------------------------------Gengar Prime-----------------------------------------
Mr. Mime (CL)-----Ditto (TR)-----Spiritomb (TR)----Magnezone Prime (TR)-----Empty Space

The empty space could be a Gastly, Haunter, or Gengar being set up, another Spiritomb, Smeargle, etc. If it was a Gastly, when your active Gengar gets knocked out (with a rescue energy attached), simply move Gastly up, Rare Candy to the same Gengar Prime, attach an energy, and begin Hurl Into Darkness immediately.

The Rare Candy errata hardly hurts this deck.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.

Now, MewGar I can see, being able to dish out Hurl Into Darkness every turn.

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob

what about Mukplume? sludge drag and shut down using switch. anything using Magnezone as a draw tech will be stuck since warp energy is rotated out and special conditions shut down it's poke power. only thing to counter that is a benched machamp prime. just make sure to drag out something with a high retreat and no energy attached. hence, Magnezone prime.

there are many things that you can use to fill in the gaps, like Misdreavus to dual draw, then shuppet to break down.

that's kind of what I've been testing, and it works pretty well.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

The Rule changes don't make Rare Candy worse. Everything is on an even level field because you have to wait a turn to manually evolve as well. Everything is vulnerable, but it takes just as long to set up a Stage 1 as it does a Stage 2. Stage 2 have the advantage of having more HP and arguably better attacks, however.

dmaster out.

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub

Why is Reshiboar apparently tier 1? IMO Reshiram/Typhlosion works a lot better.

How is Steelix gonna make it, exactly? Reshiram and Zekrom are BASICS with 10 less HP than a stage one. They can do more damage for less energy, and minor drawbacks. Both of them have decent matchups against Steelix. OK, so Steelix has Sp. Metals going for it, I guess, but basicly nothing else.

Donphan's easily tier 1. I mean, it one shots Zekrom with a pluspower!

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob

it's time for amberlamps my friends. 2 benched amphros prime, I dare you to raindance. Donphan, meet lanturn. Machamp?.. Kills the deck.. :/

Tiftonhotchild

The one and Only....

What about decks with Ampharos Prime. Water is going to be big to combat Fire and plus he has a nice Pokebody every thing Someone attaches a energy put 1 damage counter on that pokemon (Your Opponent) and it stacks i might run that along side Zekrom. That limits Emboar And Felitgater capabilities and also limits the recover of Reshiram if you run emboar only

Blue_Horizon

Aspiring Trainer

You can easily play around Ampharos with Zekrom/Reshiram:

Either catcher it (when it inevitably comes out) before it becomes a threat.

Also, Reshiram only needs 3 energy, that's 3 damage counters from Ampharos. It still has 100HP, plus can still hit for 120 each turn effectively. Plus if you factor in Outrage damage output going up damage on Reshiram goes up, I fail to see how Ampharos is an effective counter. Emboar has a huge 150HP, a few damage counters aren't going to threaten it from setting up.

Tiftonhotchild

The one and Only....

BlastGatr can not play around Ampharos. Zekrom or Reshiram can not OHKO Ampharos. And with pokemon catcher that will help out everyone. And Ampharos power stackes if you put 3 energy on someone and someone has 2 Ampharos out thats 60 damage counters. I have played decks against Amphy and when you run alot of energy its a pretty hard match. The deck im building will have Zekrom in it anyways

julliant

Aspiring Trainer

As a Steelix player myself I think Healix can't be tier 1. With Reshiram and Emboar running riots it is just impossible for Steelix to be really competitive. With sufficient techs against Fire it can be tier 2 at best.