Deck Discussion

yeah, and with mismagius being a stage 1, it'd actually be faster to set up than gengar, which would almost make up for not having the gengar SF power....almost.

however, I like the krook idea...the ability to dictate the game better than any other deck could is very intriguing.

and there will be a plethora of trainers. usually 4 communication, energy retrieval, candy, it would work very well

I don't think zekdonk (or ZPS as pokefreak called it) should be tier 1. I'd say tier 2 at best. the reason for this, is if you go second, then your opponent has plenty of time to get pokemon onto the bench now that supporters can be played first turn. they could even just start with 2 pokemon (causing you to need seeker from the start as well) or 3+ pokemon making donk impossible.

and if you go first, you'd somehow have to get 3 energies (or 4 if you don't start with zekrom as your active) and get shaymin, zekrom and/or pachirisu (depending on what you start with) in your hand to play onto the bench. that'd have to be a very good start hand to get what you need. and even if you do, if your opponent starts with reshiram or zekrom, then there goes your plan unless you amazingly got pluspower as well.

and the entire deck is based on early-game speed. I've tried many variations and no matter what I do, I'm always scrambling the rest of the game if the first turn or two don't work out for the donk (and it usually doesn't). I've lost every time against reshiboar and I usually lose to the other decks.

@xobatkid, donk decks are usually best for new players. They have 1 goal and strategy, straight forward. And as far as ZPS not doing well, it's pretty easy to win with it unless you face Donchamp.

as far as reshiboar goes, my electric mows through it like you wouldn't believe. And it's entirely HS-on. Come catcher's release.. It'll surely lose to almost anything :(

my reshiboar deck destroyed zekdonk every time. and that was with my really trying to find a way to get zekdonk to win. if they start with resh you're shit out of luck

it's simple, if they start with resh, you don't attack for 120. You hit for 20, then the next turn hit for 120. And if you put 2 defenders down, you don't hit yourself for 40. Maybe you're just not playing ZPS right?

no because by turn 2 I have a bench full of pokemon which makes donking impossible. only a fool would leave reshiram by itself with no bench when up against zekrom. even with a horrible start, I just sacrifice a couple pokemon while getting my bench set up then after they get 2-3 prize cards I'm ready to go and start steamrolling through. zekdonk usually only gets 2-3 prize cards per game against me. the best it's done was 5 and that's because I started with two reshiram, one pignite, one revive and 3 energies....and turn two I drew another energy haha. just bad luck.

T-tar needs to be higher on the list, at least Tier 2. It has so many possibilities open to it. Mandibuzz, Umbreon, DCL, Weavile/Sharpedo, Zoroark, just to name a few.

~SS

Back