Deck Discussion

once you have energy for leafeon you are good for the rest of the game. when catcher comes out...god help us all

I mean rainbow energy for Roserade. or even if you don't have roserade out cuz it got KO'd. houndoom all day long. if leafeon is also KO'd, then burning the defending pokemon is boss.

why not run roserade, houndoom and hypno? not too hard and you'd have 50% chance of doing 150 and 25% chance of doing 200...not too hard setting up three stage 1's. roserade first, then houndoom, then hypno.

there's decks out there with 3 techs. like reshiram getting ninetales (stage 1) then emboar (a stage 2...) then ampharos (also a stage 2) and it gets done within 5 turns half the time...if not, then easily by the 6th turn. I know this because I've done it in my resh deck.

so a deck with 3 techs as well but with all of them stage 1, it can be done for sure. yeah the main is a stage 1 too but that just means it's just as hard to do as two stage 2 techs.

The only thing is that you can't be asleep and confused at the same time, so the most you can hit for is 150 (which is still very high xD). If you left out the Hypno then it'll be just as effective and you will have more space to work with. Adding in cards like Energy Excahnger will be wise as well so you're more likely to get Rainbow Energy.

I might also consider Mismagius UL as well, simply so that if you ever attach a psychic energy to roserade, you can then move it to another Leafeon on your bench, instead of wasting a turn attaching an energy to only one of them

TragicTheSaddening said:
The only thing is that you can't be asleep and confused at the same time, so the most you can hit for is 150 (which is still very high xD). If you left out the Hypno then it'll be just as effective and you will have more space to work with. Adding in cards like Energy Excahnger will be wise as well so you're more likely to get Rainbow Energy.

I might also consider Mismagius UL as well, simply so that if you ever attach a psychic energy to roserade, you can then move it to another Leafeon on your bench, instead of wasting a turn attaching an energy to only one of them

what? I didn't know they can't be confused and asleep at the same time. I read the rule book but I guess I missed that :/ hmmm....

and how exactly does rainbow energy activate both conditions for roserade? wouldn't you have to choose which energy that rainbow energy counts as, meaning you'd only end up being able to add a grass or psychic energy?

check PB advanced rules. it explains there. im presuming since raibow is any energy till you attack when you attach it it is every energy.

sleep, confusion, and paralysis are shown by rotating the card counter clockwise for each of those specific statuses (to the left, asleep. Upside down, confused. To the right, paralyzed.) as such, you can only be one at a time. Burn and poison are marked statuses where you just put a marker on it. Which is why they can be added to one of the other 3. It makes sense if you think about it too.. Being asleep, confused, or paralyzed would kind of take president over the other status, while you can be poisoned and burned while any of the other 3. As morbid as that explination may seem.. And yeah, rainbow counts as all energy, but only provides one in the requirement of an attack. Like, you can't fulfill Celebi prime's attack cost with 1 rainbow energy attached.

also, while in the deck, discard, or your hand, it counts as a colorless energy. So it can't be searched out with unown dark or pulled out of the discard with Typhlosion prime.

carlitosbob said:
sleep, confusion, and paralysis are shown by rotating the card counter clockwise for each of those specific statuses (to the left, asleep. Upside down, confused. To the right, paralyzed.) as such, you can only be one at a time. Burn and poison are marked statuses where you just put a marker on it. Which is why they can be added to one of the other 3. It makes sense if you think about it too.. Being asleep, confused, or paralyzed would kind of take president over the other status, while you can be poisoned and burned while any of the other 3. As morbid as that explination may seem.. And yeah, rainbow counts as all energy, but only provides one in the requirement of an attack. Like, you can't fulfill Celebi prime's attack cost with 1 rainbow energy attached.

also, while in the deck, discard, or your hand, it counts as a colorless energy. So it can't be searched out with unown dark or pulled out of the discard with Typhlosion prime.

sweet thanks for the explanation! :) even still, it's not too hard to get a rainbow energy and with burned poisoned and confused, you could do 150 damage, with another 10 from poison making it 160 which would OHKO almost all pokemon, and then a possible 20 more from burn making it 180, and if they have one of the very small handful of pokemon that could survive that, they have a possibility of doing another 30 if they're dumb enough to attack with the same pokemon.

good deck methinks. throw in an ampharos prime to tech on the bench and you're golden.

Isn't it cool how many new deck ideas are actually viable now with the new format? Creativity is the key and ideas like that are fun to at least test.

I agree. the thing I love most about the TCG (and all of pokemon for that matter) is the variety. and now that we can be a lot more varied AND still be competitive, I'm stoked!

welcome to base set times. you had blastoise tank. charizard. haymaker and many many more...its amazing

I can't wait....I want to play now but everyone around here is still doing MD-on and they cream me :( my reshiboar HGSS-on deck should do good but not against the current unbalanced rotation. I don't feel like making any MD-on decks with those SP's because after putting a lot of hard work into it, I'd only be able to play it for a short time. right now I gotta just wait it out. I want to try that leafeon idea...see how that does.

catutie said:
if you have red shark i can play ya :p. i only have HGSS-on decks

yeah I have redshark. would be good to be able to contribute to this thread with more than just theories and speculation haha. pm me for info.

I saw in the deck garage a vileplume/krookodile lock deck. I think (in theory) it could be the best lock deck in the HGSS-on rotation. locks both trainers and attacks, with a good follow-up attack for the KO

mag as in magnezone? if so, then yeah it could be a heavier hitter, but it wouldn't be as much of a true lock deck as viledile

mismagius. its has the same attack as gengar SF thus the new vilegar but it doesnt have the awesome ability.

Back