Deck Discussion

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
RE: New Best Deck in the Format?

Hikikomori-san said:
Stage 2 decks aren't useless - they're just bloody slow post-rotation. Stage 1 decks are much faster, since they don't need Rare Candy to evolve Turn 2.

Who knows though...BTS reprint???

And I think it's Lostgar that's the meta in Japan...it's just that their Rare Candy hasn't been errata'd. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, Mew Prime variants should be added to the list. Mew Primes are fairly easy to set up, & with Rescue Energy & Revive in the next format, it won't be too hard swarming either.

Yeah but what deck in HGSS-On can counter against MewGar? Care to enlighten me? A Basic or Stage 1 Psychic deck?

Godzillian

Excellence does not come without effort.

Donphan Prime. Auto-60 Damage to a MewP. Anything that can hit for at least 60 damage quickly and effeciently, T2, can counter a Mew Prime deck. Maybe 1-1 Weaviles to get rid of their LWs in their hand? -shrug- that's just a tech though.

I should actually rethink my opinion on Stage 2 decks. They will be slow, yes. But with the right build, (4-2-4 Main Line, maximize Rare Candy?), it may be possible for a consistent T2 Stage2. Stage1 decks aren't just faster - they're more consistent. Because they dont need to run Rare Candy, that's a lot of room for other techs.

Gengar_is_Pwnage

Happy 20th Sonic (Since '91)

This is acctually a Base-set Era. Which will be awesome. Sadly, my Tankgrowth got destroyed by the Rotation :(. Ohh well. I got about 4 decks for this rotation anyway :D

El Radar

AKA Le Radar

Typhlosion ninetales. Great synergy with the two. I also think that Typhlosion is a better partner for Reshiram than Emboar is, just personal opinion.

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member

Vilepluff needs tomb.

I think that Reshiram + ? will be a good deck. Either Emboar or Typlosion.

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member

VileGar will still be a huge force, even without 'Tomb'.

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member

It will take a while to set up 2 stage 2's without many trainers.

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer

Hikikomori-san said:
I should actually rethink my opinion on Stage 2 decks. They will be slow, yes. But with the right build, (4-2-4 Main Line, maximize Rare Candy?), it may be possible for a consistent T2 Stage2. Stage1 decks aren't just faster - they're more consistent. Because they don't need to run Rare Candy, that's a lot of room for other techs.

Stage 2 decks can still Rare Candy Turn 2, plus with the Rotation the only Trainer - Item lock in the format will be Vileplume UD so most decks are now free to play as many Trainer - Items as they want especially early game with Spiritomb AR out of the format.

I may have to start running Slowking HGSS in my T-Tar/Manibuzz deck If MewGar becomes more popular in my metagame. So far I'm thinking it's ReshiBoar, Zekrom, and several other decks but it's still in the air right now.

Also the fact that MewGar seems very gimmicky in HGSS-On when LostGar is more consistent with our current format, it does make more sense.

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer

Yeah but I can get a Slowking setup by then granted I get a Slowpoke start or Collector it out on my Turn 1 then Prof. Elm the Slowking Turn 2. Maybe I should run Slowking Prime instead to utilize DCE more...

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member

Exactly. Setting up Stage 2's will not be as hard as everyone is playing it off to be. 2 turns;

1. With a Prof. Elm T1, then regularly evolve T2
2. T2 Candy

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer

By turn 3 unless you played an energy 1st turn you can start attacking, really not that hard.

catutie

Ahhhhh back.....er....kind of

stage 2's will be just as playable as stage 1. they can both get set up in the same amount of time. and mew is a joke. only 60 HP it can get KOed by a basic. sure its ready to go T2 but when you have to put out a new mew every turn with energies it becomes a giant problem

Tiftonhotchild

The one and Only....

Mew will get hurt a lot from rotation. It does not have a lot of the level X to benfit from. I think the haymakers decks will come back using both Zekrom and Reshiram is a lethal comb all you need to do is max dces and raindow and 4 fire and 4 lighthing and you ready to go. These pokes are 130 HP basics their are some stage two with the same hp