Amiibo Discussion Thread

SylveonsAndEspurrs

Puhuhuhu!
I only have two at the moment: Zelda and Peach. Not so much that I play them often but I am a sucker for the Princesses ;;;
And I managed to pick up Peach for a few dollars cheaper. I'm assuming that means she is a more common one? Or at least less in demand?

But personally, I'm waiting for my mains to be released, those being Robin and Lucina. I'm especially excited for Robin.

HarZard

Aspiring Trainer
It's quite shocking what some people are willing to pay, yeah they look cool and are somewhat amusing but not something I would pay more than reg price for. I just hope this doesnt give Nintendo ideas to jack up the price as it will make it hard for us not squatting them who legitimately want to own a few.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
I got Ness yesterday on Tuesday even though the real release date is on Friday. The new Amiibo cost 2€ more than the old ones though (16,99€ instead of 14,99€...) That's really salty...

1hmaym5.png

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
At least you can walk into a store and buy it when it comes out. In the US freaking people are going to line up hours before the store opens and they'll be gone.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Went out in hopes of finding a Lucina yesterday, but the first 2 stores I went to didn't have any of the new wave and the third place had Charizards and Warios only. :<

CuriousCleffa

Aspiring Trainer
Athena said:
Went out in hopes of finding a Lucina yesterday, but the first 2 stores I went to didn't have any of the new wave and the third place had Charizards and Warios only. :<

I can't even pre-order any of the new wave ones >.< They're always out of stock or the pre-order closed :/ The only Amiibos I'm looking for are the Pokemon ones :p The new wave already came out in Europe?

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
I managed to grab a Greninja pre-order today. My store only had ten. I feel bad for the folks who didn't get one. This shouldn't be happening for a 14$ toy. Can understand it for the hype of a new system but for a toy character? GTFO Nintendo.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
I have only seen one Ness (the one I bought pre-(broken)-release) and one Pac-man (spotted with Ness). Also I saw one Robin but a kid had it! (Otherwise I would have bought it.)

On the real release day I went to several stores but they only had Wario and Charizard... Also I went to one of them the minute it opened...

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
CuriousCleffa said:
Athena said:

I can't even pre-order any of the new wave ones >.< They're always out of stock or the pre-order closed :/ The only Amiibos I'm looking for are the Pokemon ones :p The new wave already came out in Europe?

Yeah, they came out last Friday here. I really wanted a Lucina but I might have to give that up now it seems; not worth paying a scalper for. >_>

Celever

Wheeeee~
Is there a way to clear the data off an Amiibo off of Mario Party 10 and back onto SSB4? I only have one, and I wanted to try out the Amiibo Party mode on Mario Party 10. It gave me the option to wipe the SSB4 data clean, which I was fine with because I hadn't trained my Yoshi well anyway (though I later found the "clear data" function >_<) so I assumed that the same would be present in SSB4, but nope. It just says "this amiibo has data from another game! D:" and doesn't let you do anything...

HoOhLugia

The most Ultimate and Powerful Pokemon Master!
My twin sister and I certainly collect Amiibos. We currently have eight:
-Pikachu
-Link
-Lucario
-Charizard
-Pit
-Megaman
-Ike
-Marth (which he and Ike Amiibo I got the day I posted this)

We are waiting for:
-Greninja
-Jigglypuff
-Dark Pit
-Palutena
-Mewtwo (who is confirmed to have an Amiibo)
We collect Amiibos based on our favourite characters. We will get more, though and eventually collect the entire collection!

kyokencl

Aspiring Trainer
i saw the title of this topic and enter it

and after seeing some collections of yours i think

"why didn't show mine"

here what i have right now
DSC_00151_zpsm6yvkocq.jpg

right now i try to get more after some events in my life happen and the first on the "try to get list" is Megaman

and when it came out i'll try getting Pac-Man and Greninja or the Splatoon trio

the kind of amiibo that i must get is all Luigi's and all Star Fox's amiibo

that all

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
This is my amiibo collection currently. I have a Shulk and a Villager coming soon and I plan on getting Bowser Jr, Olimar & Pikmin, Ganondorf, and some of the yarn Yoshi when they are released.

yDy5trn.jpg

And yes, I do have them stacked up on Pokemon BW Adventures manga and Rock Band/Guitar Hero guitar tablature books. (its temporary until I build a large stand that can hold 30+).

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
This is my amiibo collection currently. I have a Shulk and a Villager coming soon and I plan on getting Bowser Jr, Olimar & Pikmin, Ganondorf, and some of the yarn Yoshi when they are released.

yDy5trn.jpg

And yes, I do have them stacked up on Pokemon BW Adventures manga and Rock Band/Guitar Hero guitar tablature books. (its temporary until I build a large stand that can hold 30+).
Apparently if you have a bunch of old VHS tapes you can now make your own with lots of glue and nails, for nearly nothing. O_O Sorry I don't mean to spam links for stuff like this but I honestly thought this could help you, it's from a very anti-BS website full of tons of useless, fact checked information.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/64782/15-new-uses-old-vhs-tapes

I have a few defect filled Amiibos that I cannot sell on ebay (not advertising just griping that I can't sell **** on ebay, EVER, as in I have never sold a single thing on it, FML)

I currently have 3 defect Amiibos that are a Luigi with his right overall strap button placed to his right, with a dot of glue where it should be placed, a Wowser with a dent in his shell and a big gray dot on one of his spikes, and lastly a Peach with several dozen lines of plastic stringish stuff fully molded onto her body. If anyone knows how much these are worth, please let me know...also I have a Luigi still in box with no defects, thus making it one of the rarest Luigi Amiibos ever made.

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
You think you can't sell the things because you're pricing them too high? Just a hunch. Those defects sound more like poor quality figures. And that =/= defect.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
Poor quality figures are if anything worth less than normal ones. It needs to be something major like Samus with two canons to be actually a good thing for a figure to be "defect".

Secretsof2113

Blackstar
Survived Wave 4, after camping outside of Target on the morning of the 29th. These retailer exclusives stink if you're trying to collect them all. Here's my current OOB collection!

11011048_10103178832960184_6415654786896965688_n.jpg

NarcoticHobo

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like this would be a good place to trade amiibo cards even if they are only tangentially related to pokemon cards.

I plan on collecting the Japanese versions myself and am always looking to trade off extras and for cards I need, so how about it anyone else interested here?

Mods, would this be allowed on the marketplace?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I feel like this would be a good place to trade amiibo cards even if they are only tangentially related to pokemon cards.

I plan on collecting the Japanese versions myself and am always looking to trade off extras and for cards I need, so how about it anyone else interested here?

Mods, would this be allowed on the marketplace?

I don't see why not, since they're physical products and all. I've been trading/selling FE Cipher cards here since those game out.

And to make this post a bit more on-topic, have a shot of my collection of Amiibos! It's a harem for Ike Yoshi!

s8h9TJo.jpg