Amiibo Discussion Thread

Amiibo? Rare? Pfft!!!

There's a fancy gaming store just up the road from my house and they have a huge dedicated amiibo section. Here's The Gamesmen's amiibo area:
P3ot3CB.jpg

8SZA7eg.jpg

Yes, there's Rosalina & Luma tucked between Link and Samus! Almost hard to spot, but pretty much every amiibo is there! These photos were taken roughly a month ago, when I visited the store last weekend they had the rest of Wave 5 (Bowser Jr and Olimar and Dr Mario) in stock too.
The stock at the JB Hi Fi near my university (the store in the Broadway Shopping Centre for the fellow Sydney folk) is pretty much the same as The Gamesmen, with the added bonus of all the coloured Woolly Yoshi. They also have a surplus of the common amiibo, apparently, and display them near the entrance of the store. Anyway, the best bit of the main amiibo section:
NoslYbX.jpg

Spot the Bowser Jr, too!
Aaaand after all that, here's my tiny lil collection of amiibo:
oSP6J07.jpg

Us Australians are real lucky, since most of the country doesn't do much gaming. Stores like JB Hi Fi, Target, and most EB Games typically have a heap of amiibo stock. Sure, they're a lil pricey ($17 for most of the amiibo figures, $24 for Woolly and future-wave amiibo) but if you ever come to Australia you should definitely look around for some amiibo!
Wait... You have access to all those rare amiibos, and you buy Mario of all people? Seriously?

Yup! Luigi and Mario were on sale for a mere $12 recently and helped me level up my rewards card at EB Games. When I save up a bit more money I'm going to get some more Pokemon amiibo - I'm not too interested in most other amiibo. Plus, there's no rush to get those 'rare' amiibo when pretty much every store here always has them! And I like Mario and Luigi, too! =P

I think it has to due with the different region, but here in Europe (espescially Germany) we've a lot of rare amiibo's which are really cheap. i've Wii-fit Trainer, Villager and Fox McCloud for ~$18 each. but has anyone a unbeatable Amiibo? i've a Mario Amiibo which is still unbeatable. Me, my friends and all our amiibo´s can´t defeat him. someone suggestions. (Fair Play pls)

Different areas definitely do have different amounts of different kinds of Amiibo available.Over here (Netherlands) many of the Amiibos that were considered "rare" in the US were easy to find here (Marth, Villager, Wii Fit, etc.) but some that were relatively easier to find in NA were more difficult here. Now that the apparent rarity of some Amiibos has become such widespread knowledge, Amiibos here have been much harder to find, as people are more likely to buy them and scalp them, though the situation still appears to be better than it is in the States, just not as much as it used to be. I had to import a Lucina from the UK, but it was still at MSRP + VAT + shipping, so not a big deal.

On the other hand, Australia has practically everything (and still does, lucky dogs).

Wait, is Mario and Luigi rare in the US? (same with Zelda, Pikachu, and diddy kong) They're all I can find at my local stores. Also I did have the chance to buy a pacman amiibo today at my local target, but they're only worth like $20 on ebay so it wouldn't be worth spending $12+ tax + shipping just to earn....$3-5

Shovel Knight is a very cool Amiibo, but it doesn't fit my qualifications for a purchase. I went with the 3DS version for the 3D and there is no way I'm buying the game a 2nd time on the Wii U. Had the game come with cross-buy, I would certainly be picking this Amiibo up. It's kind of bittersweet cause if I had known the Wii U version would eventually have co-op, I would have gone with that version instead.

I only need Jigglypuff and I will have all the Pokémon Amiibo for now released!
(I found Pikachu at 10 euro, Lucario at 12, Charizard, Greninja and Mewtwo at 15)

Last edited:
9kBbM9T.jpg
It's been awhile but here is an update to my full amiibo figure collection. Within binders amidst my Pokemon cards are my full sets of animal crossing amiibo cards for series 1 and 2.

This friday marks the release of some long awaited smash bros DLC figures Roy and Ryu, the Famicon-colored R.O.B. and Series 3 Animal Crossing cards and figures Rover, Kapp'n and Timmy/Tommy. Gonna camp out with my fiancee and pick up 1 of each except for the recolor ROB.

Anyone else super stoked with me? I never imagined owning this many amiibo figures since they were announced (originally only wanted Peach, Zelda, Link and Pikachu, and that didn't take long before it exploded into my current collection)

I definitely ended up purchasing more Amiibo than I had originally thought I would when first announced. I've got Lucina, Ike, Zelda, the Inkling Girl, 2 Wooly Yoshis (Green and Blue), Wolf Link, and my newest acquisition that I picked up over the weekend...

klaF79u.jpg

Still want to get a Marth and maybe a Robin and Corrin, too. I wish they released female versions of the FE MU characters instead of just the males...

I've got a giant shoebox filled with my amiibo. An amiibox, if you will. Managed to get the following:

Mario (Smash, SMB, and 30th Modern)
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Dr. Mario
Toad
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda
Shiek
Toon Link
Ganondorf
Wolf Link
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Kirby
Yoshi (Smash and Green Yarn)
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Greninja
Charizard
Mewtwo
Shadow Mewtwo Card
Palutena
Captain Falcon
Captain Olimar
Little Mac
R.O.B. (US colors)
Duck Hunt
Mr. Game and Watch
Lucina
Roy
Lucas
Shulk
Pac-Man
Sonic
Mega Man
Ryu
Inkling Girl
Inkling Boy
Shovel Knight

Managed to grab all amiibo I was looking for over the weekend.

Ryu
Roy
Rover
Kapp'n
Timmy and Tommy
All series 3 cards.
Shadow Mewtwo with Pokken

I have thought about getting the Famicom ROB but I didn't need the standalone Digby since I got amiibo Festival.

Now for the long wait until the new Kirby amiibo line comes out in June.

Z0n88ci.jpg

Mmm more amiibo for my collection! The Waddle Dee is absolutely my favorite.

So I've been on my honeymoon for the last 2 weeks, but for the reception my wife and I had done a pair of custom Mario and Peach amiibo for the cake topper. They turned out much better than I could have ever thought they would have. Peach has red hair to match my wife's.

CLlRkQX.jpg

Also, e3 was 2 weeks ago and we got a whole new batch of upcoming Super Mario and Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild amiibo to look forward to!

For Zelda amiibo we have the Link (archer) and Link (horse rider) figures in addition to a very large Guardian amiibo figure that is so big it is going to be quite the challenge to figure out how to display it with all the others.

With the Super Mario line we are going to see the release of Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, Rosalina, Boo, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong this November. The Boo amiibo glows in the dark, and I know how much people have wanted a Daisy amiibo since Rosalina and Peach each now have 2 figures and Daisy had none. Easier to access and a second chance to grab Donkey, Diddy, Wario and Rosalina amiibo is much welcomed since getting amiibo off of the secondary market tend to get pricey.

Here is the link to the official e3 Nintendo amiibo page for more information and trailers for the Zelda amiibo.

I am very ridiculously looking forward to a Daisy Amiibo. I've never actually played a regular game with her, but I fell in love with her the moment she shouted "HI, I'M DAISY! :D" at me in Double Dash.

In other news, I finally finished my Fire Emblem Amiibo collection this past weekend when I was finally able to snag a reprint Marth at a local shop. I've also added Rosalina and Palutena to my collection semi-recently, after having not seen them for a while.

Back