Amiibo Discussion Thread

My amiibo collection basically consists of Megaman, Peach, Pikachu, Toon Link and Yoshi. The Yoshi and Peach are part of the Mario set not the Smash set because i thought they looked better.
There's also a Ness in my house but that one was a gift for my brother.

I have both Bowser amiibos (Smash Bros. and Mario World), and I'm currently waiting for the preorder on the Skylanders SuperCharge Bowser, because spanning two rabid collector bases was a brilliant idea.

I've sworn that if I ever see Mario World Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man all in the same spot at retail then I would buy them all. Fortunately for my wallet that hasn't happened.

I have two Amiibo: Pikachu and Charizard :)
Pikachu was on sale and I bought it for 10 euro XD

I was collecting and hunting for rare ones, but then I was unable to get Ness and I have lost all interest in Amiibo since. I mean, if I really like a character and they make an Amiibo for it and I'm interested in what it unlocks in various games (that I own or intend to own), I will buy it. But no longer will I buy an Amiibo for rarity alone.

Last edited:
I was going to get all non-smash amiibos because I thought they were going to be cheaper. Then I remembered that Nintendo fans are crazy, and any kind of collectible is highly sought after. I only have Pac-Man, Inkling Girl, Yoshi(Chewed up by my dog who is also my profile pic), and Donkey Kong.

What do amiibos exactly do in Super Smash Bro's Wii U / DS thingy?

You can play against amiibos in Smash Bros, they are basically just a CPU. However, they level up as they play, from level 1 to level 50, and as they do, they get stronger. As far as I know, a level 50 amiibo is much stronger than a level 9 CPU.

You can play against amiibos in Smash Bros, they are basically just a CPU. However, they level up as they play, from level 1 to level 50, and as they do, they get stronger. As far as I know, a level 50 amiibo is much stronger than a level 9 CPU.
Huh that doesn't sound very exciting... Other than getting your bottom kicked by your purchases. Thanks for the reply!

I found a Splatoon Squid Girl today! I really liked those Amiibos when I saw them announced but never expected to get one given their apparent rarity. However, I stopped at a couple toy stores while running my errands (actually looking for Palutena) and happened to come across one, so I just had to snag it. She is now happily a part of Ike's Yoshi's harem.

xLmnRI4.jpg

I found a Splatoon Squid Girl today! I really liked those Amiibos when I saw them announced but never expected to get one given their apparent rarity. However, I stopped at a couple toy stores while running my errands (actually looking for Palutena) and happened to come across one, so I just had to snag it. She is now happily a part of Ike's Yoshi's harem.

xLmnRI4.jpg

That is a very nice collection :D

I got my Squid Girl the week of release because of my natural luck, and hunter instinct. For real I walked in, and saw it their so I bought it with the game. I didn't learn it was rare until after. Also I am really jealous of that Ike.

I managed to snag Ike on release myself. :p Though he's not as rare as some, at least over here; I've seen him pop up a few times at stores at random when I'm looking at stocks. There's a decent chance there will be another printing of the various FE Amiibos when Fates comes out next year, so there should hopefully be more of them available in the future, too.

I bought a Boy Inkling, Girl Inkling, and the 3-Pack on Splatoon's launch date. I sold the first two just last week for MSRP, as I realized having duplicates for keeps was going a little overboard.

I'm anxiously awaiting Roy's amiibo. I have every other FE character that has been printed. It was all good and complete before Roy came along. :(

Pinecone said:
I was collecting and hunting for rare ones, but then I was unable to get Ness and I have lost all interest in Amiibo since. I mean, if I really like a character and they make an Amiibo for it and I'm interested in what it unlocks in various games (that I own or intend to own), I will buy it. But no longer will I buy an Amiibo for rarity alone.

I have an extra Ness, though he's a bit torn up. He's not that rare anymore if you look online. You can get one for about $20 shipped, which is basically just cost + tax + shipping I thought I had stumbled upon something valuable when I saw him sitting in Gamestop, but it turns out he's had lots of reprints. Kirby is more valuable than him.

Which sucks, because I don't think I'm ever getting a Kirby now.

Amiibo? Rare? Pfft!!!

There's a fancy gaming store just up the road from my house and they have a huge dedicated amiibo section. Here's The Gamesmen's amiibo area:
P3ot3CB.jpg

8SZA7eg.jpg

Yes, there's Rosalina & Luma tucked between Link and Samus! Almost hard to spot, but pretty much every amiibo is there! These photos were taken roughly a month ago, when I visited the store last weekend they had the rest of Wave 5 (Bowser Jr and Olimar and Dr Mario) in stock too.
The stock at the JB Hi Fi near my university (the store in the Broadway Shopping Centre for the fellow Sydney folk) is pretty much the same as The Gamesmen, with the added bonus of all the coloured Woolly Yoshi. They also have a surplus of the common amiibo, apparently, and display them near the entrance of the store. Anyway, the best bit of the main amiibo section:
NoslYbX.jpg

Spot the Bowser Jr, too!
Aaaand after all that, here's my tiny lil collection of amiibo:
oSP6J07.jpg

Us Australians are real lucky, since most of the country doesn't do much gaming. Stores like JB Hi Fi, Target, and most EB Games typically have a heap of amiibo stock. Sure, they're a lil pricey ($17 for most of the amiibo figures, $24 for Woolly and future-wave amiibo) but if you ever come to Australia you should definitely look around for some amiibo!

Yeah, Australia's got a nice assortment indeed. Europe did too in the beginning for the first couple waves, but we started picking up a lot of scalpers after the NA rarity fiasco started. It's mose expensive and time consuming to import from Oz, though, so you guys will probably be fine for a while. :p My Wooly Yoshi is actually thanks to a friend of mine in Canberra who picked it up and mailed it to me at cost.

Is Ganondorf supposed to be released? I saw loads in Smyths the other day and I thought they were a September release...

Depends on where you live. Ganondorf isn't coming out until September for NA, but has already been out in EU/AUS/JP for some time now. He's a really nice looking figure, too.

I have Peach, Pikachu, and Luigi currently. I also got a Yoshi a few days ago. The funniest part is that the Luigi amiibo doesn't actually know how to Luigi properly. I've never seen it go for a down throw. I may need to retrain it...

I trained my Yoshi amiibo to just ledge guard. I haven't played against it since it reached max level. It is just too good for me. I am the worst smash player ever, so that isn't hard.

I trained my Yoshi amiibo to just ledge guard. I haven't played against it since it reached max level. It is just too good for me. I am the worst smash player ever, so that isn't hard.
I think the problem with Luigi was I used Rosalina against it, and I don't really go for any throws besides up throw with Rosalina, so Luigi picked up on that.

Back