Amiibo Discussion Thread

Pokemonlover903

Sylveon is love, Sylveon is life
Does anyone on here collect amibos? Because I just started collecting them. I have 2 which are Mario and Samus. I was also trying to figure out which amiibos are the rarest, so maybe you guys could help with that, Thanks :D

On the FE forum I frequent, people have been complaining about having a hard time finding the Marth figures and are speculating that they might have made less units of him (and possibly others?) because he's a relatively unpopular character compared to, say, Mario or Link. The Amiibos don't come out in my country until tomorrow, though, so I haven't seen any yet and can't speak for myself.

I plan on picking up figures of favourite characters that happen to be in SSB, mostly. >.> Would love to get Zelda, Rosalina, Lucina, and Ike if the final figures look good, and possibly male Robin if they don't end up making a female Robin (though if they do make a female Robin, that's a for sure buy). Might get a Pikachu for my husband because it's his SSB main and his favourite character. I'm not really sure if I'll be using them in games at all, but I'm a sucker for cute figures.

Pokemonlover903 said:
Does anyone on here collect amibos? Because I just started collecting them. I have 2 which are Mario and Samus. I was also trying to figure out which amigos are the rarest, so maybe you guys could help with that, Thanks :D

The rarest (or at least expensive) apparently is one of Samus wielding a "canon" (or whatever it's called) on each arm due to an error, as it's suppossed to only wield it on the right arm. :)

You can read more about it here:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-28-samus-amiibo-videoed-opening-moscow-metro-ticket-barriers

Pictures from the site:
samus-amiibo-videoed-opening-moscow-metro-ticket-barriers-141717806667.jpg

141717780521.jpg

I was planning on buying Link and perhaps Zelda and Kirby but I won't because they cost around 13/15€ (it would be cheaper to buy them in the USA due to the exchange rate) and I don't have any use for them besides standing on a shelve. Even if it happens to exist a Venusaur or Bulbasaur Amiibo I won't buy it.

Just a heads up for Japs and Aussies: Amiibos currently don't do anything on the New 3DS systems. Current rumours suggest we'll get a patch when the rest of the world gets the New 3DS consoles and/or the Amiibo peripheral for regular 3DS consoles.

That being said, I've got a Pikachu and a Yoshi Amiibo I really wanna use on my 3DS and have levelled up a bit on Smash Bros Wii U - if anyone provides any info to prove that Amiibos do work on the New 3DS at this time, I'll love them forever.

I got Mario from my review copy of Smash 4, and I'll likely be picking up Sheik since she's my main in Smash 4. They look cool and the FP functionality is neat, although I hate how figure players have better stats (like damage dealt) then a standard character, since it makes team matches with amiibos somewhat awkwardly balanced.

Blah said:
I got Mario from my review copy of Smash 4, and I'll likely be picking up Sheik since she's my main in Smash 4. They look cool and the FP functionality is neat, although I hate how figure players have better stats (like damage dealt) then a standard character, since it makes team matches with amiibos somewhat awkwardly balanced.

how do you get a review copy?

Marth is ridiculously hard to find now... rumors are speculating they may be discontinued. But this also may be Nintendo's way of getting more holiday money... they always try to make something hard to find during Christmas or sometimes November...

Nintendo Wii, Wii Fit and Balance Board, limited edition bundles of the Wii and at first the Wii U. But then sales weren't doing so well so it was actually lot easier to find than the previous products during Holiday season.

But anyway as annoying as that is, let's not repeat mistakes. Pre-order your favorite character now if you can.

I can see the following characters to be rare.

Rosalina
Meta Knight
Sheik
Ike
Lucina
Palutena
Shulk

Maybeeeee Mega Man or Captain Falcon but both are so well known they should have a good amount of them made.

I might get Rosalina and Greninja but I don't have a WiiU so I wouldn't do much with them at least yet. Hopefully they will support 3DS games almost as much as they support WiiU games.

And... Nintendo fails to properly meet the ongoing demand for amiibos... Whether intentionally in order to build hype and inflate values or because they are concerned with budget costs is up to debate. Fact remains there is shoddy production supplied. Its freaking ridiculous especially when they sell out before they are available. Toys R Us cancelled every single one of my preorders. Ike, Shiek, Toon Link, Pit and Lucario. I could understamd Lucario since he is store exclusive but the others? Wtf. And Rosalina sold out in less than 30 minutes. I swear this is holiday hype all over again.

I did manage to preorder some of them at Gamestop but i wont be shocked if they get cancelled too. Sigh. Now i have to keep my eye put for the wave that features the secret characters...

guys, GUYS. LISTEN.

Nintendo mentioned that they might start re-releasing some Amiibos as cards down the line, which would be easier to mass produce. You can check it out here. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/483009/amiibo-cards-may-provide-unlocks-for-retired-figures-says-miyamoto/

So, why am I excited? Well, you know what could come out of this?

Super Smash Bros TCG.

backpain-1292835351.jpg

I couldn't find Marth in any stores, so I ended up importing one from Japan. I have Ike, Shulk and Mega Man on pre-order.

I somehow got mine of Japan as well. I even got an e-mail saying "we might not be able to fufill your order please excuse us if that happens" and I was filled with dread but I bought like 400$ worth of Pokemon merchandise so maybe I got priority. Or just plain lucky.

Rosalina is going to a be bitch to get though... she sold out in less than 30 minutes. Madness.

Really hope Palutena, Zero Suit Samus and Greninja aren't going to be hard...

I have three now and I was going back and forth whether I wanted to get every single one or not but honestly, I just don't think that will be possible or feasible with the supply and demand of these things. I barely got Marth and he's my main and it's those kinds of things that really make me quite annoyed at the whole thing. I'll probably be picking some more up (mainly exclusive ones or ones that I really really like) but yeah.

dmaster out.

I have a Yoshi amiibo. Trained it to level 50 today. He keeps destroying me. When I get a GC adapter I will have REVENGE.

Future, I want to get Pac Man. Not sure what other one to get yet.

I GOT MARTH
MARTH GOT I

I HAVE MARRRRTTTH

And he has a derp-face and I don't care. I love having him displayed. <3

I got Marth last weekend at Toys 'R' Us. He was hidden behind the phone cases. So now I have Mario, Luigi, Peach, Zelda, Link, Pikachu, Fox, Kirby, Little Mac, Diddy Kong, Samus, Captain Falcon, and Marth! My cousin got me a Pit from Nintendo World in NYC, but she won't be back for another week and a half. And I have Meta Knight, Shulk, Mega Man, Ike, Sonic, King Dedede Pre-Ordered. I'm waiting on Sheik, Toon Link, and Bowser Pre-Orders for now. Stupid Target and Toys 'R' Us are making it impossible to get Lucario and Rosalina and Luma. I'm also hunting down all my local stores for Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and Marth. Those are extremely rare!!! They are going for around 80-100 dollars the last time I checked. Well. If any of you are hunting, good luck, you'll need it.

Toys R Us didn't even let me know my Captain Falcon was out... if I go down there and I can't pick him up... well not much I can do, I should have paid attention to the release date. Still.

What are your plans for wave 3, I will head to target first and get 5 Rosalina figures, then I will get 3 Lucario from Toys R Us, I have the rest pre-ordered

I'm going to try to nab up one Rosalina because I really like the character, but I'm having some worries I won't be able to get one.

dmaster out.

Back