(2) New Evolutions, XY Anime [9/19]

zappy800 said:
signofzeta said:
Are you saying black hair isn't normal?

-sigh- she has blue hair. >_< ...

Looks at Dawn's hair, and crayola crayon blue...

Crayola_Blue_color_sample.jpg

...So not the same. It's more like Cress blue.

Her hair is not black black, because that would make the anime look drab and dull. Her hair isn't too blue to make her hair unrealistic. Her hair is that color so it looks black enough to make her realistic but not too black to make her look dull and boring.

In Japanese cartoons, if the art is to look cheery and joyful, such as a cartoon targeted to children, rather than drab and dull, such as a cartoon targeted to adults, it is best to not make everybody have black hair, like in real life. Shades of blue and brown can still be used to represent the real life black hair, without making everybody have black hair.

A notable example of this is anime Sailor Mercury. Her hair has a realistic blue that can represent black in the anime, but in other works, her hair is so blue that it doesn't look real anymore, barring dying one's hair.

Their hairs are technically bluish blackish grey, but represents black hair.

Dawn in the games have black hair, so I think they are trying not to use black to represent black hair. You know, to not make the hair similar to Ash's hair.

Back on topic, why wouldn't Pokemon anime have crazy hair? It's not like it has to be 100% serious or something.

Dawn's hair, in the anime, is a dark shade of blue. Think jeans. (In the video games, yes, it is black.)

Back on topic, why wouldn't Pokemon anime have crazy hair? It's not like it has to be 100% serious or something.
...though that pretty much sums it up anyway.

yammark said:
Anyone notice Aurorus sail change color and shape when it's attacking

I haven't seen the video of Aurorus yet, but that's a nice detail to have. I mean who doesn't like a Pokémon with its own aurora :p

Hmm, with Mega pokemon also being revealed, we could see some more old characters come back again. Maybe May for Mega Blaziken, Cynthia for Mega Garchomp (please!), maybe an older gym leader like someone from Hoenn? We did just recently see Claire return for an episode in the anime, so who knows? With Elesa being a fashion model and this gen being all about fashion and beauty, I could see her popping up some place (in the games or anime)

It would also be nice if Ash wasn't a complete newbie idiot like in Unova also. Maybe bring along another older pokemon besides Pikachu? Or maybe eventually see the return of older ones like Tauros, Muk, or Kingler, Gible, Glalie (Primeape!). Or evolve some stuff this time around, since it so rarely happens. I would just like some improvement and a bit more continuity in the anime for once. But it looks better than BW already so that's good.

The two fossils like me, and at first he preferred to Amaura Tyrunt before. Then, seeing the developments, I liked most of Aurorus that Tyrantrum.

Luckily my fiance will buy other issue, so we'll raise the fossils ...

SuperDuper said:
Hmm, with Mega pokemon also being revealed, we could see some more old characters come back again. Maybe May for Mega Blaziken, Cynthia for Mega Garchomp (please!), maybe an older gym leader like someone from Hoenn? We did just recently see Claire return for an episode in the anime, so who knows? With Elesa being a fashion model and this gen being all about fashion and beauty, I could see her popping up some place (in the games or anime)

It would also be nice if Ash wasn't a complete newbie idiot like in Unova also. Maybe bring along another older pokemon besides Pikachu? Or maybe eventually see the return of older ones like Tauros, Muk, or Kingler, Gible, Glalie (Primeape!). Or evolve some stuff this time around, since it so rarely happens. I would just like some improvement and a bit more continuity in the anime for once. But it looks better than BW already so that's good.

What I hope for is that Boldore comes along and Ash trades him with one of his friends, so it evolves into Gigalith. I can only imagine how awesome that would be.

A bit off topic, but...

I don't know if anyone else already posted it, but Pokémon announced that a new evolution will be revealed on their Facebook page this Wednesday.

shinysearcher said:
A bit off topic, but...

I don't know if anyone else already posted it, but Pokémon announced that a new evolution will be revealed on their Facebook page this Wednesday.

Maybe another Eeveelution or an evo for Helioptile?

I don't get why people are so adamant Ash should evolve all his non-Pikachu Pokemon. The approach he's taken in Unova (and in most regions since Johto) is a pretty good one, IMO. He evolves a lot of them, but some will never evolve, and really, their personalities suit their various stages pretty well a lot of the time. (Yes, sometimes his Pokemon could/should evolve and don't, like Quilava and Corphish. But most of the time, when they don't, there is a REASON for it. Either they don't wish to evolve (Pikachu, Bulbasaur), have personality traits that would be difficult to represent in their evolved forms (Gible, Totodile), or have already proven their current forms to be very capable and thus not in real need of evolving (Snivy, Buizel, Squirtle), sometimes to the point where their current forms are probably more suitable. (Squirtle in particular, its agility and ability to fit in smaller areas is pretty valuable, and it would be much less agile as a Wartortle or Blastoise.)

Overall, with the exceptions of Quilava, Corphish and maybe Gible, all the Pokemon of Ash's that "should" evolve are from his Unova team, and may evolve in the future. (Keep in mind Pokemon like Phanpy and Cyndaquil evolved after their respective series.) I'd guess Palpitoad and Scraggy will evolve eventually (Palpitoad probably just out of the blue, Scraggy's will probably be plot-driven at some point), Boldore might (leaning towards not due to its evolution method), and Oshawott, Pignite and Snivy will remain in their current forms.

Also, looks like Team Rocket's finally getting their old Pokemon back... (I don't know why they didn't retrieve them when entering eastern Unova, since it was noted to have non-Unovan Pokemon, and most of them were in the BW2 Unova Pokedex, though I suppose Wobbuffet was a pretty big exception.)

And lol at those people thinking Haunter was Ash's. It just followed him and somewhat befriended him, it's no more his Pokemon than Jigglypuff. (Actually, Jigglypuff interacted with Ash much more, so I'd actually consider it closer to being Ash's than Haunter.) I'd say he'd sooner get Beedrill or Raticate back on his team than adding Haunter... And those two likewise have zero chance.

RiverShock said:
And lol at those people thinking Haunter was Ash's. It just followed him and somewhat befriended him, it's no more his Pokemon than Jigglypuff. (Actually, Jigglypuff interacted with Ash much more, so I'd actually consider it closer to being Ash's than Haunter.) I'd say he'd sooner get Beedrill or Raticate back on his team than adding Haunter... And those two likewise have zero chance.

I only have vague memories of the episodes with Haunter so I don't really remember him. Besides he has a WAY better chance of returning than raticate. Also who thinks Jigglypuffs might return for this since it's a fairy type?

Haunter might have a better chance of returning than Raticate, but the odds of it joining Ash again are zero. It's clearly very happy with Sabrina, and she likely uses it for Gym Battles. The owner of Raticate likes trading a lot, so is more likely to offload the Raticate. (Admittedly, he likely already has.)

RiverShock said:
Haunter might have a better chance of returning than Raticate, but the odds of it joining Ash again are zero. It's clearly very happy with Sabrina, and she likely uses it for Gym Battles. The owner of Raticate likes trading a lot, so is more likely to offload the Raticate. (Admittedly, he likely already has.)

I want to see Sabrina return for one or two episodes. That would be cool.

I would also like to see Major Surge return as well. (Psst, rank up)

Am I the only one who doesn't like that you gain EXP even when you capture a Pokémon? What if there's about 10 Pokémon before the first Gym you can capture, but you won't want on your team? By the time you have about 5, you'll be one hit KOing everything.

You know that picture of the XY anime with most of the revealed Pokémon so far, along with Ash and his new friends? Well I'm not sure if you guys have noticed, but someone on the Pokémon Wiki pointed out that if you look carefully at Serena, you can sort of see her...well blushing at Ash...

Bisharp said:
You know that picture of the XY anime with most of the revealed Pokémon so far, along with Ash and his new friends? Well I'm not sure if you guys have noticed, but someone on the Pokémon Wiki pointed out that if you look carefully at Serena, you can sort of see her...well blushing at Ash...

I ship it. I ship it to the moon and back. I ship it so hard that icebergs tell their children stories about the giant monster that is this ship. It's going to happen this generation. Ash is going to date someone. Watch Dawn show up with Tracey, Misty with Brock, and May with that creepy ass Cacturne guy just cause May is May lol.

Back