(2) New Evolutions, XY Anime [9/19]

Bisharp said:
You know that picture of the XY anime with most of the revealed Pokémon so far, along with Ash and his new friends? Well I'm not sure if you guys have noticed, but someone on the Pokémon Wiki pointed out that if you look carefully at Serena, you can sort of see her...well blushing at Ash...

It might be because she remembers Ash from her childhood. Blushing from Ash isn't new. However, it is possible she thinks he's cute or something

Blob55 said:
Am I the only one who doesn't like that you gain EXP even when you capture a Pokémon? What if there's about 10 Pokémon before the first Gym you can capture, but you won't want on your team? By the time you have about 5, you'll be one hit KOing everything.

Yes, yes you are the only person complaining. Isn't having a higher leveled Pokemon a GOOD Thing?

Blob55 said:
Am I the only one who doesn't like that you gain EXP even when you capture a Pokémon? What if there's about 10 Pokémon before the first Gym you can capture, but you won't want on your team? By the time you have about 5, you'll be one hit KOing everything.

We don't even know if you get the same experience points as when you would have knocked the Pokémon out. Besides, 5 Pokémon are going to level you up by only one, or two levels if you're lucky. You won't be ''KOing everything''. Also, even if that is the case, use those lower leveled Pokémon to capture other Pokémon, or just throw a Poké Ball, that works as well for the first few routes. No reason to complain here. It isn't drastically going to change the gameplay.

I think there is good and bad to gaining experience from capturing Pokemon. I am more concerned about gaining unwanted EVs from capturing Pokemon. Do those pass on? Do you only gain EVs from fighting? Its too soon to know but I am curious as to how this mechanic will work. Regardless, my inner 10 year old is cheering like mad for this change.

I agree with TrainerSivan. I've personally caught Pokemon while breeding to avoid my Pokemon getting knocked out when accidentally hitting grass before. I'd hate gaining experience from that.

TrainerSivan said:
I think there is good and bad to gaining experience from capturing Pokemon. I am more concerned about gaining unwanted EVs from capturing Pokemon. Do those pass on? Do you only gain EVs from fighting? Its too soon to know but I am curious as to how this mechanic will work. Regardless, my inner 10 year old is cheering like mad for this change.

Unless there's an easy way to get rid of unwanted EVs, like the Join Avenue from BW2, but cheaper/free.

Even so, it can become annoying to constantly have to take your Pokemon to the EV remover and you can easily lose track of how many to remove if you just want to catch Pokemon. It would be good if EVs weren't attached.

TrainerSivan said:
I think there is good and bad to gaining experience from capturing Pokemon. I am more concerned about gaining unwanted EVs from capturing Pokemon. Do those pass on? Do you only gain EVs from fighting?

i don't catch pokemon when i'm ev training, i focus on training until i max them out on my team. or is that just me? =x

Back