(1) ‘CoroCoro’ Reveals New X/Y Details and Four New Pokemon! [5/11]

I love them all except for the robin. I hate the robin. The panda Pokemon's typing can go either way if you ask me. Not sure if it'll end up Fighting/dark or Fighting/grass.

Missingno. Master said:
DNA said:
Zebstrika with Flame Charge.
That is all.
Here's what annoys me.

What does get Flame Charge:
A cyborg bug.

This is what I find to be the weirdest. A pokémon which has a x4 weakness to Fire is able to use a Fire attack that involves covering the whole body in flames (and learns the move naturally)...

But I stopped discussing the logic behind what moves each pokémon gets, ever since the beginning of gen V, after discovering Zekrom (and the rest of the Tao Trio for that matter) can't learn Earthquake...

edit: btw, I wasn't aware Heatmor can't learn Flame Charge, I assumed it could since it's a regular Fire-type... I just checked, not counting Sunny Castform and Heat Rotom (which are special forms anyway), Heatmor is the only Fire-type that can't learn Flame Charge... which is weird, to say the least...

I actually love that bird, and would love seeing it as a Fire/Flying Pokémon or something, due to the fact that it learns Flame Charge. c:

I love them all, l but I really like the bird pokemon the most. It's pretty and cool, and for some reason, it reminds me of a phoenix rather than a robin. It would be cool if it's evolves into fire/flying type. Moltres is so last year. Or it will evolves into a phoenix-like pokemon. Either way, it's awesome.

I may as well share my opinions on them.

Gogoat- Okay looking, I don't mind it. B-
Yayakoma- Generic bird, not really anything special about it aside from Flame Charge, and even then, that's not that impressive. Enough Normal/Flying regional birds Game Freak. D
Elikiteru- Really neat looking, and has an interesting type combination A-
Yancham- Also okay looking, but I have to question why it's called the Naughty Pokemon and it's not Dark type. B

Now I can finally fit in somewhere! (Although it kinda died down)

Chespin: B+
Fennekin: A
Froakie: B+
Xerneas: A
Yveltal: A+
Sylveon: C-
Mewtwo Form: B
Gogoat: A+
Elikiteru: B-
Yayakoma: B
Yancham: OVER 9000!!!

Metalizard said:
Missingno. Master said:
Here's what annoys me.

What does get Flame Charge:
A cyborg bug.

This is what I find to be the weirdest. A pokémon which has a x4 weakness to Fire is able to use a Fire attack that involves covering the whole body in flames (and learns the move naturally)...

But I stopped discussing the logic behind what moves each pokémon gets, ever since the beginning of gen V, after discovering Zekrom (and the rest of the Tao Trio for that matter) can't learn Earthquake...

edit: btw, I wasn't aware Heatmor can't learn Flame Charge, I assumed it could since it's a regular Fire-type... I just checked, not counting Sunny Castform and Heat Rotom (which are special forms anyway), Heatmor is the only Fire-type that can't learn Flame Charge... which is weird, to say the least...

Genesect was programed not to feel pain haha.

The Robin won't be a Phoenix because it will totally ruin the best design after Xerneas and Yveltal of the Gen all the domestic birds (like Unfezant, Staraptor, etc) are always Normal/Flying.

I guess ill rate the designs too-

Chespin: A+
Fennekin: C
Froakie: B
Xerneas: A
Yveltal: B
Sylveon: D
Mewtwo Form: D
Gogoat: C
Elikiteru: B
Yayakoma: D
Yancham: A+

Well looks like they're showing Pokemon Smash...maybe they'll reveal Sylveon's type!
I say it's fighting...
I mean:
1. Sylveon = Sylvester Stalone?
2. They're showing the old Hitmonchan episode
3. In the preview they showed a girl dressed up as Sylveon breaking wood with her hand, like those karate people

And good to see the ratings haha I see most people really like the two mascot legendaries!

Phoenix EX said:
Well looks like they're showing Pokemon Smash...maybe they'll reveal Sylveon's type!
I say it's fighting...
I mean:
1. Sylveon = Sylvester Stalone?
2. They're showing the old Hitmonchan episode
3. In the preview they showed a girl dressed up as Sylveon breaking wood with her hand, like those karate people

And good to see the ratings haha I see most people really like the two mascot legendaries!

I mean I would actually be happy if Sylveon was a fighting-type as opposed to a "new" type.

But, it just doesn't look like it'd be fighting whatsoever. But, I guess I shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

Flygon2071 said:
The Robin won't be a Phoenix because it will totally ruin the best design after Xerneas and Yveltal of the Gen all the domestic birds (like Unfezant, Staraptor, etc) are always Normal/Flying.

This is something that needs to stop, it's getting really stale to have every regional bird have the same type and similar moves.

Eeveelutions should be judge by their cover (tell me one that shouldn't be). Were the other Eeveelution's type remained secret for a long time? If they haven't, I would say Fairy because they are keeping it secret. With today's reveal, I get more inclined for the "new type because its secret" because the new Pokemon's types were revealed immediately while all other Pokemon took a long time or haven't been revealed at all.

Then again they could completely go 180 and end up being a Fairy type, I have some hope.
EDIT: I think I could be wrong, it looked like they were testing what type Sylveon is...and if WPM's front post is true then it looks like it might be Fairy type.

The possibility of a Fairy type being in the works has existed since Sylveon's reveal. We should have all anticipated this happening.

Eh, I doubt Yayakoma will evolve to Fire/Flying just because it knows that move. It's kind of like arguing that Staraptor should be Fighting/Flying because it can learn Close Combat.

Back