(1) ‘CoroCoro’ Reveals New X/Y Details and Four New Pokemon! [5/11]

Phoenix EX said:
Then again they could completely go 180 and end up being a Fairy type, I have some hope.
EDIT: I think I could be wrong, it looked like they were testing what type Sylveon is...and if WPM's front post is true then it looks like it might be Fairy type.
Which, if this is true, and judging by what we have seen in the short amount of animated footage that has been released of Sylveon, the Fairy type will be of Special nature, such is that of all current Eeveelutions.

Which, to be frank, wouldn't be that surprising.

All nice and refreshing yes indeed.

I'm probably the only one confused about "Electizards" type..
I don't understand what justifies the extra Normal type on top of being Electric. x_x
Like, how is it more normal than Pichu etc?
I'd totally dig it, if it was Normal/Electric (a more plain lizard with some electric abilities like Bibarel, Sawsbuck and tons of birds)

Does anyone know if corocoro ever had any mistakes about new pokemon info? Specifically about type orders being reverse.
I remember wondering if Reshiram/Zekrom were really primary Dragons (like corocoro said) or if they were part of a second set of secondary dragon mascots...but turned out that corocoro was correct even in that case...

Mitja said:
All nice and refreshing yes indeed.

I'm probably the only one confused about "Electizards" type..
I don't understand what justifies the extra Normal type on top of being Electric. x_x
Like, how is it more normal than Pichu etc?
I'd totally dig it, if it was Normal/Electric (a more plain lizard with some electric abilities like Bibarel, Sawsbuck and tons of birds)

Does anyone know if corocoro ever had any mistakes about new pokemon info? Specifically about type orders being reverse.
I remember wondering if Reshiram/Zekrom were really primary Dragons (like corocoro said) or if they were part of a second set of secondary dragon mascots...but turned out that corocoro was correct even in that case...
As far back as I can recall (and I have been following CoroCoro leaks about Pokemon since the 4th Generation), CoroCoro has always been spot on in their releases.

The only reason I could see that could possibly justify the cause for the little electric lizard having Normal as a secondary type would be as a placeholder for when it evolves. Making it, say Electric/Dark, or Electric/Steel (just possibilities).

Really digging that Panda bro. Not so much the goat, he just looks lame. Not the design, just seems like it would be a boring pokemon. Seems old.. at least you can ride around on him.

Interested in how the Robin can learn Flame Charge, it would be nice if it branched off into Flying/Fire.

What if they eliminated the bike and just made it so you could mount your Pokemon. In the second or third town a guy could show you how to mount a Pokemon instead of giving you a bike. You would be able to mount any Pokemon and it would be just as fast as a bike. I think that'd be pretty cool.

Smeargle said:
What if they eliminated the bike and just made it so you could mount your Pokemon. In the second or third town a guy could show you how to mount a Pokemon instead of giving you a bike. You would be able to mount any Pokemon and it would be just as fast as a bike. I think that'd be pretty cool.
Any Pokemon?

Alix Rooker said:
Smeargle said:
Any Pokemon?
Well, yea because otherwise you'd be forced to carry around certain Pokemon and use up a slot in your party, when a bike doesn't take up a slot in your party.

Smeargle said:
Alix Rooker said:
Any Pokemon?
Well, yea because otherwise you'd be forced to carry around certain Pokemon and use up a slot in your party, when a bike doesn't take up a slot in your party.
The idea of being able to ride around on any Pokemon is ludacris.
Can you honestly see yourself riding around on a Caterpie?

So wait, theres now a panda Pokemon? All of my yes. Mountable Pokemon is also a awesome idea and I hope they do it with a lot of them, including old ones. Also like the customizable trainer idea as well.

Retro_on_theGo said:
So where's the later page with more info on Gogoat?

The leaker stopped posting them. He said he regretted posting the leaks IIRC. Guess we'll have to wait a few more days. Unless another leaker appears...

idk what you guys are talking bout, gogoats design just screems "Im the guy you need if you want the job done, but don't expect me to take any of your crap", He obviously such a boss.

When I catch a Gogoat, I'll name him Gogogogoat.

Kidding aside even if its true mounting Gogoat seems nice but the design isn't really appealing to me. I would prefer if you are able to mount all Pokemon with a mane. But Gogoat has the most awesome name for a Pokemon (they'll change it for English, that's sad).

InfernoIII said:
I really hope Yayakoma evolves into a Fire/Flying type. That would be fantastic.

Until you remember that Stealth Rock exists...

I'd rather they have a Normal/Flying family with some elemental moves, it shows they're thinking out of the box a bit. And goodness, I can't believe some people actively dislike the Normal/Flying tradition. I love how when they turn a bird species into a pokemon, they barely do anything to change what it looks like or stylize it more like a fantasy monster... it's just like "here's a drawing of a Japanese robin; it's a pokemon now." Because birds are already cool and adorable enough, always.

An I the only one whose disliking the lizard and gogoat? The panda is good, and the bird, I'm warming up to.

Side note: can't wait to try and use Gogoat in a building:
OAK: NO! You can't do that there

Me: MAKE ME. Come over here and make me.

Is one of them the new Mewtwo? Imo, they ruined Mewtwo... They should've changed up Mew instead.

Hmmmm this is fake correct-
xunIZvl.jpg

^Very yes.

Also, let me rate them.

Electric Weenie Lizard: Not really feeling it yet. I hate unnecessary dual types with normal in them.

Panda: Totally naming him Kung-fu Panda. Or Po.

Gogoat: Love the name, not sure if I like the riding him part... he'll probably have mediocre stats, no evolution, etc. More of a gimmick then anything... so prepare to go to the Pokemon Center about 20 times if you choose to ride him...

The robin: YES. Am I the only one who loves this bird?! Better than Starly and Pidove combined :p

Back