(1) ‘CoroCoro’ Reveals New X/Y Details and Four New Pokemon! [5/11]

Flygon2071 said:
Gogoat has the most awesome name for a Pokemon (they'll change it for English, that's sad).
Not necessarily. Some Pokemon don't go through name changes at all, and if they do, it's very minor. Take Darumaka for example. It's Japanese name is the same, but with an added "k". Darumakka. It would be weird calling it anything else, tho.

Blaziken Uchiha said:
The robin: YES. Am I the only one who loves this bird?! Better than Starly and Pidove combined :p
Don't speak such rubbish!
I loved my Staraptor.

I will catch a Gogoat and name him Gadget. #childhood

Trainerhan1 said:
I thought Spinda was kind of cute, but definitely a waste as a "panda".
I never once used it, or had it on my team.
This new Panda will most certainly be on my team.
I've been waiting too long for a decent panda.
Nao all we need is a Koala.

unsheathed said:
I will catch a Gogoat and name him Gadget. #childhood

loool

Such a great name. The Pokemon look great, especially the Panda and Goat in particular. Amazing designs. The bird is whatever, pretty much expected and the Electric type looks a little funky (the only reason he's just ok to me is that I can never un-see that he looks similar to Mawile after I read someone elsewhere compare him to it). But yeah, pretty cool basically. Riding a goat looks like so much fun.

dmaster out.

Loving these bastards!!
The goat is awesome.

No getting the lizard yet, but there is still time...
Like the simplicity. This is what we needed!

Character customiser is a plus, but not crucial for me. Seems they vaguely resemble Mii characters in my opinion.
Indeed the new wristband seems pretty interesting, wonder what it can do??

Alix Rooker said:
As far back as I can recall (and I have been following CoroCoro leaks about Pokemon since the 4th Generation), CoroCoro has always been spot on in their releases.

The only reason I could see that could possibly justify the cause for the little electric lizard having Normal as a secondary type would be as a placeholder for when it evolves. Making it, say Electric/Dark, or Electric/Steel (just possibilities).

But pokemon have been gaining types many many times just fine for the past generations without having a Normal type tacked on for no reason S:

I'm still trying to think of ways this would make sense.. like maybe its actually Electric/newtype, but they couldnt reveal a new type yet and making it say Electric/??? would be too far....omg this sounds absurd I know lol

i found this:
nfmom.png

there seems to be a screen shot of the bird but not the same a bit bigger
and the lizard's ears are not pointy for some reason..
and the other one:
91i6wz.png

there seems to be strange Pokemon near the male trainer the closest thing it looks like is scrafty with its hat on
and the other one near the female trainer looks interesting..it could just be a charmander
Thoughts?

The one of the bird is flying nearer to you (remember that it rotates the camera) making him look bigger.
The lizard's attack animation gets his ears back. It stands up in 2 legs and puts its ears back (through the photo).
I don't know the one beside the male character. I would say that the one attacking besides the male character is using solar beam. Its red and I think that Pokemon hasn't been revealed.

The one besides the female I believe its Chespin. If you look the top photo and the one beneath it, they're Fennekin and Froakie. If you look through the letters (there is a small gap) you can see a bit of green.

I really wish "Elektizard" was Electric/Steel (Normal and Steel are both "grey" types)..its one of those combinations that is so perfectly obvious and symbiotic (like rock/ground, grass/poison etc), that I find it insane how there was only ONE line with that combo in 649 pokemon!

And Elektizard certainly looks at least as Steel-ish as Mawile or something x_x

corocoro please be wrong for once XD

...but okay, back to reality.
It might easily turn Electric/Steel after evolving (actually I'm pretty sure it will)...and we will have a "Skorupi" case here.
Poison/Bug -> Poison/Dark
But the question stands...why? Why not simply Electric->electric/Steel like everything else? Is there some unobvious aspect of the Normal type I'm missing? Cause its always been handled as the default type.

I'm really liking this news so far. I love love love the mountain goat guy. Hopefully there will be more mountable Pokemon though. I also like the panda, but not as much. I don't particulary like the lizard, and the bird is okay. Pretty good designs though, I can't wait to see some more new Pokemon.

Here's my guesses for their English names:
Gogoat: Goatsteed (goat+steed)
Elikiteru: Lizzap (lizard+zap)
Yayakoma: Roburn (robin+burn)
Yancham: Urslaught (ursa+onslaught)

Missingno. Master said:

I should do mine too

Gogoat: Goaride (Goat+Ride)
Elikiteu: Zahrge (Zap+Charge) (pronouned ZAH-argh)
Yayakoma: Roburn (Your prediction is very realistic)
Yancham: Bambight (Bamboo+Fight)

Mitja said:
It might easily turn Electric/Steel after evolving (actually I'm pretty sure it will)...and we will have a "Skorupi" case here.
But the question stands...why? Why not simply Electric->electric/Steel like everything else? Is there some unobvious aspect of the Normal type I'm missing? Cause its always been handled as the default type.

Indeed... Swablu goes from Normal/Flying to Dragon/Flying... Or even Onix, Rock/Ground to Steel/Ground, though in case of Onix, it isn't so drastic of a change...

That Skorupi -> Drapion thing is another case where they could have simply changed the primary type. But they probably wanted to keep Dark as a secondary type on Drapion, so I guess that's why they made Skorupi Poison/Bug instead of Bug/Poison...

Reggie McGigas said:
Missingno. Master said:

I should do mine too

Gogoat: Goaride (Goat+Ride)
Elikiteu: Zahrge (Zap+Charge) (pronouned ZAH-argh)
Yayakoma: Roburn (Your prediction is very realistic)
Yancham: Bambight (Bamboo+Fight)
I'll do mine for the fun of it.
Gogoat: Gogoat. (Come on, it's a pun already :D)
Elikiteu: Lizzap (Can't think of a better name, honestly :p)
Yayakoma: Robeak? (Normal/Flying... I dunno. Some pun with robin.)
Yancham: Panfu. (Panda+Kung-fu. Whatever it's 'called', I'm naming mine Po. Because Kung-fu Panda.)

Metalizard said:
Mitja said:

Indeed... Swablu goes from Normal/Flying to Dragon/Flying... Or even Onix, Rock/Ground to Steel/Ground, though in case of Onix, it isn't so drastic of a change...

Well yes but the Normal on Swablu is there so it's not primary Flying...I mean, both those cases are like Azurill->Marill, not about gaining a secondary type.
Well its novel either way, because there have never been any secondary Normal pokemon to show its even an option.

I don't get the reason behind an Electric/Normal typing either.
If you want to show that a Pokemon has any above-Normal abilities / elemental powers, which however are not sufficient to justify a pure type you would expect it to be Normal/whatever as in the case of Girafarig or Deerling/Sawsbuck.

A possible evolution with a different second type doesn't make really sense either, because as Mitja said GF could just add that type and just come up with an evolution line like
Elikiteru (Electric) --> evolution (Electric/2nd type)

I have a feeling that there is something more about this - apparently arbitrary - secondary Normal type. As I said yesterday I suggest that there might me a possibility to change the Normal type.

After all it's a lizard and I could see it with Kecleon's ability Color Change, so Elikiteru might change to Electric/type of the move that harmed it.

Another thing that came into my mind when I read that Elikiteru "soaks up the sun's rays to generate electricity" is an alternate forme in sunlight with different secondary type.

Back