(1) ‘CoroCoro’ Reveals New X/Y Details and Four New Pokemon! [5/11]

Also on the customisation page both characters have a black band with a green dot in the middle.
Any ideas?
-C-Gear/Pokegear
Could be whats shown on the bottom screen like the C-Gear?

EDIT: I'm blind, its not green...

Also the Region map looks vastly different from previous games

P.DelSlayer said:
Squirtle Squad said:
The pokemon website shows movesets for the starters at level five and then at level 8 (for froakie and chespin) and 11 for fennekin.
At level five it shows them with vine whip, bubble, and ember.
Will the starters have moves of their type from the word go?

This is interesting, it would certainly make your first fight with the rival tougher, since they would have the advantage in terms of moves. Before it was just 'use Tackle until you win', now they can hit us super-effectively.
I'm curious as to why they've put Fennekin at lv.11 whilst the other two are at lv.8. The only real reason I can see this happening is because Fennekin learns Howl later on than Froakie and Chespin learn Quick Attack and Rollout, respectively.

ALSO, CLOTHES AND ACCESSORY CUSTOMIZATION WAS CONFIRMED, I AM SO HAPPY
And they mentioned that the sunglasses are different colors on each gender, is this a hint as to customisation (unlikely, seeing as customization confirmation is on the same page), or is it to do with the storyline?

If you scroll through the photos, captions on the bottom state that you can change clothes and accessories whenever you like. I hope we'll be able to mix and match hair/eye/skin color too!

Squirtle Squad said:
Also on the customisation page both characters have a black band with a green dot in the middle.
Any ideas?
-C-Gear/Pokegear

I'm taking a guess and thinking that it will be the new Poketch/Pokegear.

also, on the region page of the XY site, they mention Kalos has beautiful forests/skies. Could this be a coincidence, or is it a direct reference to Xerneas and Yveltal?

edit: If WPM's source is true, then that means the new flying/levitating battle system. I CANNOT WAIT TO RIDE MY TYNAMO IN THE SKY

P.DelSlayer said:
Squirtle Squad said:
Any ideas?
-C-Gear/Pokegear

I'm taking a guess and thinking that it will be the new Poketch/Pokegear.

also, on the region page of the XY site, they mention Kalos has beautiful forests/skies. Could this be a coincidence, or is it a direct reference to Xerneas and Yveltal?

edit: If WPM's source is true, then that means the new flying/levitating battle system. I CANNOT WAIT TO RIDE MY TYNAMO IN THE SKY

This intrigues me. Do you think we might actually get to 'Fly' on our pokemon (like you can ride Gogoat).

Just gonna leave this here. It says this on the region page: "Your adventure in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y takes place in the Kalos region, home to beautiful skies and forests!" Could mean something and it may not.

vivalanegro said:
Just gonna leave this here. It says this on the region page: "Your adventure in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y takes place in the Kalos region, home to beautiful skies and forests!" Could mean something and it may not.

uhm,
SKIES and FORESTS.

As in, Yveltal and Xerneas. Its always in their background. Including the boxart.

Does anyone think they could add other moves like this (ex: stronger in rain weak in sun)?
...you mean like every offensive Water-type move ever made?

Mitja said:
vivalanegro said:

uhm,
SKIES and FORESTS.

As in, Yveltal and Xerneas. Its always in their background. Including the boxart.

This could provide useful info; they could be the ones who keep the world beautiful, or they could be guardians of the forest/sky.
Which would mean a third legendary could be something keeping the sea beautiful, or guardian of the sea. It could also point to another legendary -event or not- that hates beauty and is hellbent on destroying beauty, Poison/Dark type maybe?

P.DelSlayer said:
Squirtle Squad said:
The pokemon website shows movesets for the starters at level five and then at level 8 (for froakie and chespin) and 11 for fennekin.
At level five it shows them with vine whip, bubble, and ember.
Will the starters have moves of their type from the word go?

This is interesting, it would certainly make your first fight with the rival tougher, since they would have the advantage in terms of moves. Before it was just 'use Tackle until you win', now they can hit us super-effectively.
I'm curious as to why they've put Fennekin at lv.11 whilst the other two are at lv.8. The only real reason I can see this happening is because Fennekin learns Howl later on than Froakie and Chespin learn Quick Attack and Rollout, respectively.

It could also mean that it does learn a move at lv.8, but that move is the same type as its evolutions' secondary type, and they didn't want to reveal it yet.

Mitja said:
vivalanegro said:

uhm,
SKIES and FORESTS.

I was saying that, that could kind of allude to the sky battling thing

vivalanegro said:
Mitja said:
uhm,
SKIES and FORESTS.

I was saying that, that could kind of allude to the sky battling thing

hence why I pointed out what its actually a reference to.

DNA said:
Does anyone think they could add other moves like this (ex: stronger in rain weak in sun)?
...you mean like every offensive Water-type move ever made?

No I meant that it would heal you more in rain, but I guess now its confirmed that the move will heal for half the amount of damage

If the healing of the move is based on the damage it deals, then yes, a Water-type Giga Drain (or the like) would heal more in the rain.

P.DelSlayer said:
Mitja said:
uhm,
SKIES and FORESTS.

This could provide useful info; they could be the ones who keep the world beautiful, or they could be guardians of the forest/sky.
Which would mean a third legendary could be something keeping the sea beautiful, or guardian of the sea. It could also point to another legendary -event or not- that hates beauty and is hellbent on destroying beauty, Poison/Dark type maybe?

Whatever the third legendary is, I'm assuming that it will make the letter Z or closely resemble it. Like maybe a snake? I would love a legendary snake and like you said be Poison/dark type. That would go perfectly with the Norse mythology theories.

DNA said:
If the healing of the move is based on the damage it deals, then yes, a Water-type Giga Drain (or the like) would heal more in the rain.
I think he means an additional bump. Like "heals half the damage you do" => "you heal as much as you do damage".

These new pokemon look good. Fletchling looks alright but it's not much different then all the other ones hopefully it will evolve into a fire flying type. Gogoat looks cool but I probably won't have it On my team pancham is my favorite he might be on my team but who knows there's going to be a lot more to choose from. The lizard cant remember it's name looks cool hopefully it evolves into something good. I might use it. electric is my favorite type I always have one not team so I'll have to see what other electric types there are before I say for sure. Overall there good not great but there evolutions might be cool can't wait for October

Back