'Pokemon Sun' and 'Pokemon Moon' Trademarks Filed!

Sentret_C

Aspiring Trainer
I'm pretty hyped about the releases in Chinese. I'm very doubtful but if there's anyone reading this in Beijing, hit me up!
Apparently you haven't seen the previous article haha:p

And for everyone, rumor in China says that the Hong Kong version of the games will not be region-locked. We can expect the whole regional lockout thing to be completely removed from NX (maybe except for some region(s) where XBOX ONE and PS4 are region-locked:().
Meh... We already knew about the titles... not their fault but they could have at least revealed the mascots... Now I still have no idea what this game is about, even though it looks more and more like a regular new pair of games with no connection to XY...

About the languages, no offense to the chinese but they added 2 new languages to the options: both are variants of Chinese... Still no Portuguese games despite the fact that Portuguese is one of the most spoken languages in the world (I know Chinese has even more speakers but you get the point)...
Although, I must admit, I'm so used to playing the games in English and I like English so much, I probably wouldn't care about the Portuguese option and would still choose English... But I'm sure others would appreciate.

The thing that got me more interested was actually the option to transfer Pokémon from the digital RBY to Sun & Moon. I'm assuming we can only transfer them to S/M because XY/ORAS are not programmed to handle data from those games. But I'm really curious about that now because I'm wondering how the Pokémon data will be changed when transferring the pokémon to the new games.
I mean, in RBY, the data structure was completely different and there are no Abilites, Natures and you can't breed to get certain egg moves. Maybe they reprogrammed the games so the pokémon now have a personality value in these re-releases, though if that's true, I guess when transferring the Pokémon, the ability and nature will be completely random.
But anyway, depending on how it will turn out, I might actually purchase one of the digital releases to make a new in-game team, when before this news I didn't even consider the option.

2 more things:
https://t.co/Re17fGFgiW
- The japanese game logos don't have the Mega Evolution symbol anymore. Instead they feature a crystal. This might indicate a new mechanic (or something else entirely), but this makes me wonder if Mega Evolution was just Gen 6 thing or, if there's indeed a new mechanic, it may be related to it. But it's one more reason for me to think that they are really leaving Kalos behind... which is something I'm not really happy about.

- People talking about vehicles. You play in a world full of awesome creatures with various elemental powers and abilites and you're interested in the vehicles? Seriously?
I guess Gamefreak and Nintendo would really consider adding more languages if the Chinese versions sell good, and I'm sure they will.

BTW I bet the new games will be of the 7th gen while including Kalos.

Last edited:

jynxed

Aspiring Trainer
Is there any reason to read into the Pokemon's website saying the number of players possible is listed as TBD? Maybe they're considering allowing triples with three battlers on each side (which I guess could make it "1-6 Players"), or maybe this is totally stupid point and it don't mean nothing.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Guy, the new bird is DEFINITELY not Fletchling.

I can prove it:

The new bird
Woodpocker.png

As you can see, it has a hood or a quiff.

661Fletchling.png

Fletchling on the other hand does not.

Also, look at their feet. The new bird clearly has 4 toes in an X shape, while Fletchling only has 3.

Firemaker

FC 4639-6252-3385
Okay, now I'm hyped. It feels like it's been so long since a main game (even though I know it really hasn't been).

The concept art looks really interesting, and I like how they've integrated Pokemon into real-world concepts. Blastoise & fire truck, Machamp & pickup truck. The hotel looks fantastic. Will they have a heavier focus on cities and automobiles? They traditionally haven't done much with vehicles, so it's interesting to see them be highlighted in the first look.

In the pic of the truck, is that Shauna? Is she moving? There's a Machamp and a Furfrou, but what is that last Pokemon in the back?

The bird's tail looks a lot like a leaf, so I'm betting we'll have a grass/flying starter.

JiJi-T

ID [ Dream ] We all are living in a dream!
I just doing some sketch for the brand new bird Pokemon . Here you go ...

Lovely drawned! It looks similiar what I have in mind aswell. I would catch this one for sure... always my first play.. I catch the beginners xD

yammark

Aspiring Trainer
Lovely drawned! It looks similiar what I have in mind aswell. I would catch this one for sure... always my first play.. I catch the beginners xD

Unfortunately , while I'm drawing . This picture still not show up ...
Bird-Pokemon-Pokemon-3-Moon-Sun.jpg
otherwise , I will draw its head a little more real .

jynxed

Aspiring Trainer
To add to the conversation about Pokemon Bank, it might be worth noting that the Pokemon website doesn't say that the Pokemon from RBY won't be able to be transferred to XYORAS at all; it only says that they won't be able to be transferred directly.

I feel like this could back up what I was saying about Gen 1 transfers getting new abilities. These abilities would all be coded into Sun/Moon, so the transfer from RBY to SM would be unrestricted. RBY Pokemon in Pokemon Bank might not have abilities listed at all and wouldn't get them until they're transferred to SM. From there, they might be able to be transferred back to Pokemon Bank and then to XYORAS if they have abilities that existed in those games.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I think I read some comments saying that 3D modeled bird could be based off a cardinal if it's not something like a woodpecker.

professorlight

Ice Queen
Woodpocker.png

Is that 3ds MAX? how ever can I do something like that? I wish the picture was clearer, so I can see what seems to be the modifier list on the side.

DIEnosaurKyo

Metalmewrp
I'm so confused about the release date . Can someone make things clear . Because some said holiday mean July , while some said holiday mean December(Christmas) . I want a true definition of HOLIDAY 2016 ... LOL

in the japanese trailer it said 冬, so ,winter.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
I think I read some comments saying that 3D modeled bird could be based off a cardinal if it's not something like a woodpecker.
Small red bird? But new bird is clearly more grey/black in colour and Cardinals don't have the X toes that Woodpeckers and Ospreys have.

Anyway, I think it's a woodpecker/osprey that becomes more osprey-like as it evolves.

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Small red bird? But new bird is clearly more grey/black in colour and Cardinals don't have the X toes that Woodpeckers and Ospreys have.

Anyway, I think it's a woodpecker/osprey that becomes more osprey-like as it evolves.

The overall shape of the head is more similar to that of cardinal over a woodpecker or osprey.