'Pokemon Sun' and 'Pokemon Moon' Trademarks Filed!

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
This might be a little bit of a stretch, but to support the location of it being based off of Hawaii before the development montage, when they were trading Pokemon a Ocean pattern Vivillon was traded. They are only found in the regions of Hawaii and off an island of Madagascar.
You mean Sun Pattern?

Celever

Wheeeee~
This might be a little bit of a stretch, but to support the location of it being based off of Hawaii before the development montage, when they were trading Pokemon a Ocean pattern Vivillon was traded. They are only found in the regions of Hawaii and off an island of Madagascar.
I think this is actually a very perceptive point! Nintendo loves to throw in super obscure little hints like that into directs and trailers.

The more discussion that's happening in this thread, the more I think that a region of island hopping around Polynesia is likely, and the more excited I get about it. Water-Type is the most diverse type IMO (though there are more of Normal-Type Pokémon) and it might mean that oceanic encounters are actually a little more diverse for once, like birds or random other Pokémon knowing Surf (like Rhydon or something :L). It's also actually somewhat of a risk, and I think that if it is a region around Polynesia, it could actually be the best games in the series yet.

So long as they give you a normal Exp. Share in addition to the Exp. All and difficulty settings, because the games are way too easy rn and making the trainers a little bit tougher would be a really quick and simple job.

Firemaker

FC 4639-6252-3385
A few posts have made it seem like the story continues from Kalos, perhaps in an area just to the south. This would make it more like generation 6.5 where Volcanion and the Zygarde forms will be present as well as a few new Pokemon (~50, like in Kalos)

Tuoko

Aspiring Trainer
This. Why are people even theoryzing about a new type? Do you really think they will introduce a new one every gen now? Fairy-type was a once-in-a-blue-moon thing (see what I did there?). It was introduced mostly to nerf Dragon-types just like Dark and Steel were introduced to mainly nerf the OP Psychic-types of Gen I.
Also, Fairy-type is our version of a Light-type. End of discussion.
I still think they could have retyped some legendaries though, like Celebi, which should definitely be Fairy/Grass, not Psychic/Grass...

Yeah, pretty much. Mew (or at least just a Mega?) or Celebi would've been pretty neat as Fairy-types imo, though for Celebi.. I think they wanted to keep it Psychic because of the time-traveling powers?

Indeed. To me, if I'd add any new types to games such as these, I'd think about their function first, try to imagine it their game mechanics, think about their possible characteristics, as well what it actually represents physically. That is the most important when adding a type. Sure, there are existing types in the games that one thinks should have been molded together, and I agree by a point, until said types have defining characteristics that deserves to make them a seperate type.

So Sound could work pretty well, because it has its own characteristics, the function is obvious and the game mechanics are pretty much there by default as shown in past games. Light-type does not have these characteristics, because Light-type, in my view is already part of the Pokémon universe, representing their life-force/energy. This is proven in speculative theory because its covered in several typed attacks such as Dazzling Gleam, Solarbeam, Flash Cannon, Swift, Judgment, etc, all of which are Fairy, Grass, Steel and Normal respectively.

Aside this, yeah, I think its pretty sure we will atleast get to see the Box Mascots. For the starters, I'm not sure yet.

Yeah, that's pretty much the case. As I said earlier, I can see Sound, though honestly I'd rather have it debut after we get another Flying/Dragon, otherwise Tornadus will be the only one with Flying as the first type.

I don't really think it's that much of a stretch, especially when considering everything else in here: http://imgur.com/Rejx6yG

LiftoffLizard

Hoenn Nerd
Sorry to disappoint but if megas stay in the card game than so will EX's, they won't be going anywhere. In fact I wouldn't expect them to go away even if megas did for whatever reason.

Also a new idea here, these are the sequels to X and Y and lead us into Xerneas with the sun mega/primal form and Yveltal with the moon mega/primal form. The theme colors would match the theme colors of X (Xerneas) and Y (Yveltal) respectively. Doesn't mean it will happen as I think a third game should revolve around Zygarde, but just throwing it out there.
Ya I know I just wish they knew when to stop.

jynxed

Aspiring Trainer
I decided to look up the Strange Souvenir item description:

"An ornament depicting a Pokémon that is venerated as a protector in some region far from Kalos."

This means one of three things:

1. This souvenir has absolutely nothing to do with the next games because the new region will be connected to Kalos.

2. The new region will be completely separated because this souvenir definitely must have something to do with Sun/Moon.

3. There will be two regions in Sun/Moon: one near Kalos and one far away.

For me, 3 is impossible, and really the idea of 1 would make me frustrated over the Strange Souvenir ever being included. 2 is the only reasonable choice, which makes the theory that Sun/Moon takes place in Hawaii or Malaysia or basically anywhere but Southern France/Italy/Germany seem a lot more likely.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
The more I look at the concept artwork, the more I believe that this new region and Kalos will have more or less the same relationship as Kanto and Johto did. Except I don't think they'll be connected like those two were, nor will we be able to go from Kalos to this new region and vice versa.

jynxed

Aspiring Trainer
I saw someone on another board mention the gems, Queen Gastrodon.

They said they're the same shape as the Burst Hearts from the Pokemon manga:

9e48bb3a30.jpg

According to Bulbapedia:

"Burst (Japanese: バーストBurst) is a special technique in the Pokémon RéBURST manga that allows a human to combine with a Pokémon, gaining its powers and immunities while increasing the user's physical and defensive strengths. Those who can use Burst are known as Burst Warriors (Japanese: バースト戦士)."

It's interesting, but it's a big stretch since it's something from the manga and its a pretty generic shape. It could refer to this, but instead of fusing person with Pokemon, it could be something more along the lines of the Ash Greninja. Most likely, though, it's just a coincidence.

QueenGastrodon

Aspiring Trainer
I saw a press release on this site saying IVs were going away, as well as abilities, and the steel, dark and fairy type.

OMG CONFIRMED HYPE HYPE :)

Oh yeah I saw that leak to, they also said they are simplifying special and physical.

What was the name of the leaker again? Pokerbeach?

(In case you can't tell, Water Pokemon Trainer was KIDDING. Did you not notice the obvious joke?)

Nunn

Aspiring Trainer
When do you folks expect more information to come in? I tried to map out XY's release schedule, jotting down the dates for leaks and trailers. They tended to be early in the month, many months consecutively had info released on the 11th, corocoro time I guess.

But that's just me whipping stuff up quickly, what do yall think?

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
When do you folks expect more information to come in? I tried to map out XY's release schedule, jotting down the dates for leaks and trailers. They tended to be early in the month, many months consecutively had info released on the 11th, corocoro time I guess.

But that's just me whipping stuff up quickly, what do yall think?

I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll get something about it in this month's CoroCoro (which we should be seeing leaks of in about a week or so), even if it's just silhouettes of the starters/cover legends or something. (and then getting it on the official website soon after that).

But having stuff released in CoroCoro (around the 11th) tends to be what happens, with some different places occasionally showing stuff as well.

ShinyArticuno

Aspiring Trainer
Is it just me who thinks the Japanese Logos always look a million times cooler? I mean obviously the English logo is a part of the history of the franchise - and is super recognisable - but it just looks so 'cartoony'.

Just look how streamlined those Japanese logos look next to the bulky English versions