'Pokemon Sun' and 'Pokemon Moon' Trademarks Filed!

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
Are vehicles gonna be a thing now?
SFdmg0Z.jpg

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
My goodness, just the concept art and early animations look magnificent. The final product is probably too beautiful for human eyes...

Also is that an ambulance? Mobile Pokemon Centers confirmed!

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
In the picture of the truck it appears to be a Wobbufet, Furfrou, and Machoke(?). Is this possibly how we're moving into our new homes?

Altaria Ego

Aspiring Trainer
Pretty sure the bird is just Fletchling, the colour scheme and shape match up pretty perfectly with it
Actually it doesn't specifically its feet are far too large and detailed to be fletchling in fact its feet are much more similar to that of talonflame's giving the indication that it is a bird of prey.

HeadsOfKings

Aspiring Trainer
So, there's a possibility of this being huge, however, I won't make it such until I have a reason to. But I did notice the people behind the Horsea Fountain. Now, I know it's concept art, but could they be going for a realistic view on the characters and maybe even the scenery? Because this might be another transition game that leads to the Pokemon Skyrim that a lot of people want... In that case,I would have a reason to pee my pants.

Yaywalter

Aspiring Trainer
Ah, the skeptics... how adorable.

Let the hype flow through you!

Personally, I'm thinking the names Sun and Moon themselves lend credence to the roadtrip idea... Sun/Moon indicates day/night, but we've already had mere day/night cycles. But no Pokemon game has yet captured the magic seen in the manga & anime of traveling across a vast region and camping out with your Pokemon...

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
I've seen plenty of vehicles drive around the Unova region oO

Not to mention, we arrived in the back of a suspicious truck in Hoenn already.
Yah but they were really just in the background. By the looks of these development shots it looks like there's going to be more interactivity and variety with the vehicles and that they simply won't be blue cars aimlessly strolling the streets.

HeadsOfKings

Aspiring Trainer
I've seen plenty of vehicles drive around the Unova region oO

Not to mention, we arrived in the back of a suspicious truck in Hoenn already.

They also might be minigames, like the Blastoise is on what looks like a fire truck, so it could be a minigame where you have to put out fires or something...

Unyubaby

Birb of Prey
Okay, I see the differences in the bird now. Will be interesting to see what type it is. I'll be on the Dark/Flying train.

Nyora

A Cat
Anyone see the new trainer design? It looks as though they made me thinner and a bit taller to me, as well as more realistic.

Chrono

Ragin' Cajun
Looks straight up beautiful. Really stoked that they decided to forgo the nonsense with the Z version and instead move on to something truly now. Hoping they will bring back traditional evolutions to old Pokémon, Megas are getting kinda stale to me.

Regardless, HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
Maybe we'll be able to use vehicles everywhere? Just like Gogoat riding, they advertised it so much during pre-XY material and we actual... yeah, you guys know what hapenned. GF is used to make new features look amazing before the game launches, but turn out to be pretty lame or lacking. (riding on pokemon, trainer customization, etc)

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Meh... We already knew about the titles... not their fault but they could have at least revealed the mascots... Now I still have no idea what this game is about, even though it looks more and more like a regular new pair of games with no connection to XY...

About the languages, no offense to the chinese but they added 2 new languages to the options: both are variants of Chinese... Still no Portuguese games despite the fact that Portuguese is one of the most spoken languages in the world (I know Chinese has even more speakers but you get the point)...
Although, I must admit, I'm so used to playing the games in English and I like English so much, I probably wouldn't care about the Portuguese option and would still choose English... But I'm sure others would appreciate.

The thing that got me more interested was actually the option to transfer Pokémon from the digital RBY to Sun & Moon. I'm assuming we can only transfer them to S/M because XY/ORAS are not programmed to handle data from those games. But I'm really curious about that now because I'm wondering how the Pokémon data will be changed when transferring the pokémon to the new games.
I mean, in RBY, the data structure was completely different and there are no Abilites, Natures and you can't breed to get certain egg moves. Maybe they reprogrammed the games so the pokémon now have a personality value in these re-releases, though if that's true, I guess when transferring the Pokémon, the ability and nature will be completely random.
But anyway, depending on how it will turn out, I might actually purchase one of the digital releases to make a new in-game team, when before this news I didn't even consider the option.

2 more things:
https://t.co/Re17fGFgiW
- The japanese game logos don't have the Mega Evolution symbol anymore. Instead they feature a crystal. This might indicate a new mechanic (or something else entirely), but this makes me wonder if Mega Evolution was just Gen 6 thing or, if there's indeed a new mechanic, it may be related to it. But it's one more reason for me to think that they are really leaving Kalos behind... which is something I'm not really happy about.

- People talking about vehicles. You play in a world full of awesome creatures with various elemental powers and abilites and you're interested in the vehicles? Seriously?

Last edited:

Unyubaby

Birb of Prey
Meh... We already knew about the titles... not their fault but they could have at least revealed the mascots... Now I still have no idea what this game is about, even though it looks more and more like a regular new pair of games with no connection to XY...

About the languages, no offense to the chinese but they added 2 new languages to the options: both are variants of Chinese... Still no Portuguese games despite the fact that Portuguese is one of the most spoken languages in the world (I know Chinese has even more speakers but you get the point)...
Although, I must admit, I'm so used to play the games in English and and I like English so much, I probably wouldn't care about the Portuguese option and would still choose English... But I'm sure others would appreciate.

The thing that got me more interested was actually the option to transfer Pokémon from the digital RBY to Sun & Moon. I'm assuming we can only transfer them to S/M because XY/ORAS are not programmed to handle data from those games. But I'm really curious about that now because I'm wondering how the Pokémon data will be changed when transferring the pokémon to the new games.
I mean, in RBY, the data structure was completely different and there are no Abilites, Natures and you can't breed to get certain egg moves. Maybe they reprogrammed the games so the pokémon now have a personality value in these re-releases, though if that's true, I guess when transferring the Pokémon, the ability and nature will be completely random.
But anyway, depending on how it will turn out, I might actually purchase one of the digital releases to make a new in-game team, when before this news I didn't even consider the option.

I believe the RBY transfer does affect XYORAS too. I recall them mentioning that the transfer uses the PokeBank and PokeTransfer apps, which would include XYORAS.

Maurixio_1

Aspiring Trainer
The games came out in Holidays 2016....
Maybe... We get Pokemon Z in July...
That will be a great SURPRISE...

Chrono

Ragin' Cajun
Wait...if RBY are now compatible with Bank, that's gonna create some bizarre, unique move sets for the Metagame. Bubblebeam Nidoking, here I come!