'Pokemon Sun' and 'Pokemon Moon' Trademarks Filed!

JiJi-T

ID [ Dream ] We all are living in a dream!
Hype is big!!! I hope it will be something big and suprising! :)

Just relax and wait for tomorrow.... xD

NinjaBem

Aspiring Trainer
Sun and moon? Are these the new games for gen 7 or just for kalos?

Mega Solrock and Lunatone LOL...
Or as WPM posted Darkrai and Cresselia?? Or two completely new pokemon??

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Aspiring Trainer
I really, really hope it's true. I find both the names and the logos very appealing. Very crious if we hear anything about them tomorrow...

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
'Sun' and 'Moon' are pretty title names and I'm pretty much hyped.

Also, I love the game logos for these two; they are beautiful.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
Hopefully that means (for me atleast) generation is 6 done and dusted. I can only pick a few pokemon I like in this gen, and I'm not a big fan of mega evolutions either.

If there wasn't a heart gold and soul silver out already I would've guess that these two new titles would've refered to Ho-oH and Lugia.

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
Im hyped. Theres no telling what these titles could mean. My initial thought is main series Pokemon games, but it breaks pattern. I know its been said that there will be no X, but I didnt think theyd mean no Kalos sequel all together. I really dont think they are completely done with Kalos yet though because there is still so much to uncover. Maybe we will get gen 6 part 2?
More new pokemon, more legends, more megas, etc.

yammark

Aspiring Trainer
I really, really hope it's true. I find both the names and the logos very appealing. Very crious if we hear anything about them tomorrow...

For the Pokemon Moon/Sun logo . I think the logo look so much like a fan-made . Compare to Rockman EXE Blue Moon/ Red Sun that release in 2003 .

maxresdefault.jpg

How can a logo that release in 2003 look so much better than the logo that release in 2016 . I think it is fake .

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
'Sun' and 'Moon' are pretty title names and I'm pretty much hyped.

Also, I love the game logos for these two; they are beautiful.

Yep, I think these are the best logos by far in terms of art. Shiny and sparkly. Really gives off the cosmic theme.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
The Moon symbol remains me of the Fairy-type and the Dark-type symbols from the TCG. Perhaps a Fairy/Dark mascot?
The Sun one is just Fire to me.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
For the Pokemon Moon/Sun logo . I think the logo look so much like a fan-made .

You might be right. It doesn't look like much effort has been made to make the Sun and Moon text customized enough, like you see in expansions and on other games. Even the sun and moon signs.

Only good thing is the couloured space/background behind the text.

Last edited:

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Don't know why everyone is jumping on the Darkrai/Cresselia bandwagon for this. Cresselia had nothing to do with the sun, Cresselia represents the full moon, and Darkrai represents the new moon.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
I wonder if they first search for a logo concept and then invent the mascots or is it the other way around?