'Pokemon Sun' and 'Pokemon Moon' Trademarks Filed!

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Spain is viable because it can easily tie in with Kalos. France and Spain are some of the biggest rivals in the world. Kalos was at war with another region that was never named. Kalos is based off France. This new region could very well be Kalos's enemy.
Aren't France and England and France and Germany bigger rivals?

Celever

Wheeeee~
Aren't France and England and France and Germany bigger rivals?
Yeah, you're totally right here. The Napoleonic wars were between France and England, and France and Germany (Prussia before Bismarck's unification) were always in one war or another until the end of World War II. :p

You could argue that France and Spain were rivals in the claiming of the "New World" as it was called back then, alongside England and Portugal, which sort of means a lot of notable countries in Europe could be the inspiration for this region. I do think that the war is a very good point.

Unyubaby

Birb of Prey
If it does end up being Hawaii, I'd love for there to be a controllable boat. If it's Spain, I want to ride a Tauros.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I think we'll see the region based off the area around southern France/northern Spain. Since an area shown in concepts said that people were reminded of Monte Carlo/Monaco, I think that's where the real-life inspiration will exist.

dotamin

Aspiring Trainer
I would love to have another tropical region like Hoenn or perhaps a mediterranean region. Btw, can someone give me an update on this 'light type' that a member mentioned on the previous page? This is not the first time I heard someone mention it and I am wondering what would be the exact purpose of it. Fairy was introduced to make poison and steel more viable offensively and to neutralise dragon types. What would light type bring to the table? Just curious.

Last edited:

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I would love to have another tropical region like Hoenn or perhaps a mediterranean region. Btw, can someone give me an update on this 'light type' that a member mentioned on the previous page? This is not the first time I heard someone mention it and I am wondering what would be the exact purpose of it? Fairy was introduced to make poison and steel more viable offensively and to neutralise dragon types. What would light type bring to the table? Just curious.

Light, as a type, I think has been bounced around for a few Generations. Honestly, I don't see a new type getting added anytime soon. Unless we get a type out of control; like Psychic was in Gen I (Dark/Steel) and Dragon in Gen VI (Fairy).

To me, Light as a type sounds too similar to Fairy.

Sashlyr

Aspiring Trainer
Hi!

Just noticed that thing on the rigth side of this picture:
Vehicles-Pokemon-Moon-Sun.jpg

looks like a sail, and there is an island or someting behind?
The Hawaii-based region theory is growing on me...

PD: Sorry for my english

Unyubaby

Birb of Prey
The chances of us getting a Light type one generation after getting a new type are extremely slim. Also Fairy pretty much took the spot.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Light, as a type, I think has been bounced around for a few Generations. Honestly, I don't see a new type getting added anytime soon. Unless we get a type out of control; like Psychic was in Gen I (Dark/Steel) and Dragon in Gen VI (Fairy).

To me Electric and Fire types are Light type.

dotamin

Aspiring Trainer

It sounds identical to electric types and even fire types to an extent if you ask me. Fairy can fit in this category too. I get the feeling that this would be like wishing for a 'wyvern' type when dragon type already exists.

Last edited:

jynxed

Aspiring Trainer
If there were to ever be a Light type, a game named after the Sun would be the perfect place to premiere it, but there really hasn't been any evidence of this yet. However, I don't think that the fact fire and electricity produce light is definitive evidence against the possible inclusion of a Light type. I mean, we have both Water and Ice types, whose only difference really is temperature. That's a much smaller difference than the relationship between Fire, Electricity, and Light.

The only thing that could make me really believe that there could be a Light type introduced is if they do like they did last generation and show us a new Eeveelution relatively soon. Until that happens or something similar to that happens (like another ambiguous-looking legendary like Xerneas, whose type was completely unpredictable based on appearance), there's not really any reason to think Light types will ever exist.

dotamin

Aspiring Trainer
If there were to ever be a Light type, a game named after the Sun would be the perfect place to premiere it, but there really hasn't been any evidence of this yet. However, I don't think that the fact fire and electricity produce light is definitive evidence against the possible inclusion of a Light type. I mean, we have both Water and Ice types, whose only difference really is temperature. That's a much smaller difference than the relationship between Fire, Electricity, and Light.

The only thing that could make me really believe that there could be a Light type introduced is if they do like they did last generation and show us a new Eeveelution relatively soon. Until that happens or something similar to that happens (like another ambiguous-looking legendary like Xerneas, whose type was completely unpredictable based on appearance), there's not really any reason to think Light types will ever exist.
The reason why I personally don't see light type as viable is because it just seems redundant in the current metagame and in the pokemon universe in general. Ice types, for example, have enough unique traits to differentiate themselves from water types. What would make a light type different from electric, fire and fairy types? What would a pure light type pokemon look like? What would a light type attack look like? Something like flash or dazzling gleam? I just can't imagine a trait that is unique to light types and hasn't been seen before in other types.

HeadsOfKings

Aspiring Trainer
I don't have anything to say on light type pokemon, but I would like to point something else out...Will they add a new feature like Pokemon amie? or maybe make something extremely pokemon go exclusive, the possibilities are endless, and it's beautiful...

CF1994

Aspiring Trainer
New generation? Yes. Definitely. Absolutely!

Even though I'm disappointed with no continuation for Kalos, I'm very certain history might repeat itself for us to explore another European region to at least deliver some form of closure to Kalos' story, like Johto did to Kanto.

Looking forward to seeing brand new Pokémon to use casually for the story and some to breed competitively.

Abbi

Aspiring Trainer

http://azothalchemy.org/azoth_ritual.htm
read this and it will make sense to you. The Sun and the Moon are needed for zygarde to live. There's probably a bird legendary in it. The article basically explains the sun, moon and corpus can be combined to bring something to life in this case magearna. Volcanion is half fire half ice, so it is part of magearna. Azoth is the name of AZ, which is how AZ came to be. and AZOTH Kingdom. Now here is the interesting part. AZ is basically A and Z, meaning beginning and end (which is why they brought in ORAS). The "Corpus" is the body needed to put a life into and it originates from Egypt, which is why Masuda talked about Egypt. The guy in the middle is probably AZ and he is probably an alchemist and magearna is his first test experiment to bring floette back to life. Ok so what's all the gears for. The gears in the kingdom are needed for the alchemy to BRING FLOETTE BACK TO LIFE to burn mercury to form magearna as the first test subject of man-made pokemon. The Salamander is probably a new Pokemon Sun Mascot and the Bird is the Pokemon Moon Mascot. However pokemon has yet to reveal the corpus which i don't think is going to be a pokemon.

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
Light types should have been come in Gen 6 when they had the chance. Fairy pretty much now covers this. Attacks like "Dazzling Gleam" "Moonblast" etc, etc, etc, are all light based, yet are typed as Fairy. So making it a seperate type would require GF to change the types of these attacks, or of any light-based attack, such as Flash Cannon, to be light.

In fact, instead of people thinking there could or should be a "Light type", I might have a better explanation as to why there's no Light type specifically:

How does the theory/idea stand that perhaps all Pokémon are light by nature, as in via their life-force, which explains their ways of evolving: always glowing radiant bright when they evolve, etc, etc, and therefore there is no Light-type specifically, because light is the inner spiritual life-force energy of all Pokémon by nature. Driven by nature's light/radiant energy.

That is how I would deal with the absence of a "Light" type in my fantasy. This is actually made stronger with Aura, which is depicted in the Lucario movie; being described as the radiant life-force of all living things, otherwise in both human and Pokémon, hence why there's no Light-type. Not because it can't be done, but because its already there, within all Pokémon by nature.

Its like the Spectrobes, which are described as "creatures of light". The same could be associated with Pokémon, and perhaps even the lore of Mega Evolution via its rainbow symbol, the Sun Dial, etc, etc.

I could even dare to say, perhaps, that, if we go with this idea, that people should consider that the Light-type is likely more of a primordial force that drives all Pokémon. In essence, the power of the Light "type" resides within the spectrum of all 18 Pokémon types in some way or another. Perhaps this might be a focus even in the Gen 7 games through its regional professor or some other source. They're after all named "Sun" and "Moon", objects that give off natural light.

Last edited:

Coolpilot

Bisharps don't know 'bout my Togekiss
Advanced Member
Little detail I just noticed - the motel/inn looking building in the top-left corner of the second-to-last image (the one that has the Horsea resort-like building with other pictures) has a big sign on top of it, and I just realized that it's a Slaking, which fits well with it likely being a motel/inn.

Definitely seems to be a tourist/travel/vacation theme going on with the overall setting.