XY What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc.

RE: Your hopes for 6th generation?

DLC would be a great way to extend the life of the games well past their release date. I'm thinking a good use for it would be if several months after the game is released, they add a new set of areas (roughly the size of the Sevii Islands or the Battle Zone), put some previously uncatchable past gen Pokemon (and a few legendaries as well), and maybe even a mini storyline.

My biggest hope was that they make Pokemon follow you, but it seems that ideas has been scrapped. :(

I want the pokeradar back, or at least something similar...and usable in caves/while surfing/fishing too.

An indication of wild pokemon nature in battle would be amazingly useful.

Hatching eggs should be done by using the 3DS as a pedometer. Alternatively, to make a smaller amount of obese people rage, use play coins to reduce the number of steps needed to hatch an egg.

Really, some of the community needs exercise.

I think that's a great idea. Especially since people could just move around all day with school or work.

Mitja said:
I want the pokeradar back, or at least something similar...and usable in caves/while surfing/fishing too.

An indication of wild pokemon nature in battle would be amazingly useful.

That and the effect of Synchronize that causes the wild pokémon having the same nature of the synchronizer should be raised to 100% instead of just 50% (kinda like how they raised the Everstone chance of passing the nature to 100%)...

And making the V.S. seeker usable everywhere. There is no reason why I should not be able to rebattle trainers in Victory Road.

As far as just gen 6 goes, I hope Chespin becomes Grass/Steel. I love that type combo and Ferrothorn and I think we desperately need a competitive grass starter (see unbreedable(unobtainable in NA/EU) Hidden Ability Venusaur and unobtainable Contrary Serperior), and the typing gives just the right amount of resistances that a Grass starter needs to be great.

As far as older stuff returning Id like to see the Radar back, as mentioned above, in some form, perhaps a little simpler to use or to find shinies with (considering the game play vid we have to go on shows the perspective being a little hard to work with if Radar mechanics stayed the same).
VS Seeker would be nice too, or just the option to ask a trainer for a re-battle. Maybe a 5 times a day limit or something.

Dragon/Steel type(non-legend obv), Ghost/Steel type, Ice/Fire type, Fire/Grass type, and Grass/Dragon type would be amazing to me.

Skarmory evo,
Pinser evo (perhaps Bug/Steel heavily armored?),
Dunsparce evo (of course),
Torkoal evo(always liked the base design, needs a boost in pretty much everything),
Bisharp evo (seriously needs a boost in speed and defenses, maybe called Knightmare.. *shot*),
Tropius evo (love the design, and needs some stat upgrades and maybe lose the Flying secondary typing),
Sableye/Mawile evo (duet of evos and Sableye breaks into the Uber meta.... while still being Official tourney legal )
... and Im sure I could think of more but thats it for now. Not like any of this will come true, and I just wasted 5 minutes posting this... lol.

NoDice said:
Skarmory evo,

are you sure you didn't mean pre-evo?
Coz its already quite serious and that's what its bro Mantine got and Skarmory is missing.

Hail buff, please.

Mitja said:
NoDice said:
Skarmory evo,

are you sure you didn't mean pre-evo?
Coz its already quite serious and that's what its bro Mantine got and Skarmory is missing.

I would've meant that, except I think pre-evos are a waste of new generation pokedex space. I quite like its design and would like to see it built upon... not simplified. Stat wise it could have things switched around to be more offensive, while still defensive like it is now, but not as much. Plus, an eviolited Skarmory!? Tell me you wouldnt love to try that out?

NoDice said:
Plus, an eviolited Skarmory!? Tell me you wouldnt love to try that out?

How couldn't you hate to see that? With sturdy its alredy impossible to OHKO.

PMJ said:
Hail buff, please.

absolutely! like what the hell gamefreak eOe

SwiftSwim/SandRush and all that stuff....oh wait, lame amounts of Ice pokes...MAKE TONS OF CASUAL AND USEFUL ICE POKES? xD

And how about "Hail does double damage to Dragons" muahahahaha.

I still wish they'd add snowfall somehow instead of snow being hazardous hail too...

Maybe they could make weathers have 2 levels o_O
Where level 1 is harmless (boosting/resisting moves) like current RainDance/SunnyDay,
and level 2 is hazardous (dealing dmg after turns), like current Sandstorm/Hail.

Like have RainDance be level1 rain, and level2 being either heavy rainfall, stormy weather or acid rain..
While SunnyDay level2 would be damaging (Fire having immunity obviously)...

Several ideas in my head right now.. lets see, a revamp of weather in Pokémon (of course unlikely to see changes anywhere so drastic, just doing this for fun):

Weather (types with immunity)

Snowfall (Ice/Water)
Hail (Steel/Ice)
Rain (Water/Electric)
Storm (Electric/Flying)
Sunny (Grass)
Drought (Fire)
Wind (Flying)
Sandstorm (Rock/Ground/Steel)
Acid Rain (Poison)
Night (Dark/Ghost/Bug)
Fog (Ghost)

Did I miss some fun idea? xD

Deletable HM or use of new sub moves which pokemon can only use outside of battle. Surf will be called surf while the attack will be called Tsunami or something. Nah... but i am sick of HM moves taking space and HM slaves like Bidoof.
Doubt they will let you use 6 moves now or 8 pokemon. At least they should allow a 3 party thing. You can have up to 18 pokemon, 3 teams of 6 but pokemon cannot be swapped in teams unless at a center and you still lose if your current party of 6 is KOed. This is helpful cause you can have a team of HM slaves and swap teams if you have new pokemon you want to use. Its got flaws in this change but i think it could work.

I think it would be fun if we could have a seventh pokemon, not as a regular battler, but as some sort of "team mascot" with a support effect; maybe it gives one minor stat boost to the team, or enhances pokemon who share its typing, or you can use any of its moves, just once, at any time instead of your active poke? I dunno, I'd just like to be able to give ANY pokemon, even something "useless" in battle, a potential support role.

I'd like to see some new Dragon, Ghost and Bug dual-types. Gen V had a lot of cool, new Ghost-types... let's keep it going!

Bug/Dragon
Bug/Ghost (I don't care for Shedinja)
Ghost/Steel
Ghost/Grass
Bug/Dark
Dragon/Poison
Dragon/Grass

I want to see Pre-Evolutions have some way of being special/worth having in the first place. Right now, Baby pokemon are basically pointless, but what if they could learn new moves or get better stats?

Also, just make IVs, EVs, and Base Stats viewable from the start.

I can't figure out the repeating baby pokemon complains across the internet since forever.

They're pointless? And?... by that logic early stages of every evolution family are pointless. Yet I don't see anyone complain about pokemon not all being final stage right away.

They are pokemon. They expand a Pokemons family (usually even ones that seem small and unimportant) just like Charmander does for Charizard. Is Charmander pointless?

Re: RE: Your hopes for 6th generation?

Mitja said:
I can't figure out the repeating baby pokemon complains across the internet since forever.

They're pointless? And?... by that logic early stages of every evolution family are pointless. Yet I don't see anyone complain about pokemon not all being final stage right away.

They are pokemon. They expand a Pokemons family (usually even ones that seem small and unimportant) just like Charmander does for Charizard. Is Charmander pointless?

No, because basics are generally okay. Baby pokemon are almost never good (minus Magby and Elekid because thise are decent).

PellOfTheTundra said:
Mitja said:

No, because basics are generally okay. Baby pokemon are almost never good (minus Magby and Elekid because thise are decent).

So a third (6/18: Elekid, Magby, Smoochum, Mantyke, Munchlax, MimeJr) of the baby pokes have total stats comparable to starters and higher.
I count 120 non-baby pokes who are weaker than that (including some evolved like Kirlia, pseudo legends like Dratini and special stuff like Shedinja, Smeargle and Ditto)
My point being that statistically baby pokemon are not any more biased towards sucking than lowest stages in the family lines in general (because they are both the lowest stages of the family /selfexplanatory), so I still don't get why one would deserve hate but not the other, when the only actual difference is that:
-babies cant breed

lol

Back