XY What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc.

RE: Your hopes for 6th generation?

Blob55 said:
  • I want NO Water type GL/E4/Champion. At ALL.

One thing I agree with you, no more Water-type Gyms. We had two in Unova. I, however, want an Elite Four Water-type user. We haven't got one yet. (Wallace doesn't count because he's a Champion, nothing has to do with E4.)

Blob55 said:
  • Get rid of Rotation Battles.

Amen! I hate Rotation Battles. Switching pokemon all the time is so annoying. I actually like Triple Battles but not that one.

Cinesra said:
Blob55 said:
  • A decent replacement for Contests. (Maybe bring the Medal Rally back?)

Better yet, Pokeathlon; the only fun minigame Pokemon ever had.

I'd also like the return of Voltorb Flip, but with the option to buy coins.

Oops, I got the name of Medal Rally and Pokéthlon mixed up!

PellOfTheTundra said:
Bolt the Cat said:
We don't need mail if we have phone, and we don't need a pseudo-Pokedex if we have a real Pokedex.

P*DA offers nothing useful that the main games don't already have.

Mail is much more useful, because if new players need to know where to go... they can look at their MAIL!

As for the PokeDex, it could be just a chip implanted into something similar to the P*DA.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Actually, get rid of the ability to have mail! Everytime I see any type of mail in-game, three things usually come to mind.
»Who, in their damn mind, would use this?
»What was GF thinking when they decided to waste time and space to put n mail?
»Why? Just why?

The only time I'd ever find myself even thinking about buying it, would be if they made a stationary with a trollface, because that is exactly what mail is to me.

Re: RE: Your hopes for 6th generation?

Haunted Water said:
PellOfTheTundra said:
Mail is much more useful, because if new players need to know where to go... they can look at their MAIL!

As for the PokeDex, it could be just a chip implanted into something similar to the P*DA.

Actually, get rid of the ability to have mail! Everytime I see any type of mail in-game, three things usually come to mind.
»Why? Just why?

The only time I'd ever find myself even thinking about buying it, would be if they made a stationary with a trollface, because that is exactly what mail is to me.

Not that kind of mail... but yes, get rid of that. Email would be much more useful if used to give hints on where to go.

PellOfTheTundra said:

That would be an interesting idea, maybe that could be integrated into my Fame Checker idea. Here's what I was thinking:

It would be a device that, like the Fame Checker, would record conversations with certain characters. Although instead of recording conversations about important characters, it would record conversations about important events, whatever it is you need to do to progress in the storyline. For example, let's say you're playing BW2 and made it to Lentimas Town. It could record your conversation with Professor Juniper where she asks you to go to Opelucid City to ask Drayden about the legendary dragons. In addition, if you didn't know where Opelucid City was, it could point it out to you on the map, and you could plan your route to get there (this way, the whole "players are getting lost" excuse would be eliminated). It could also be used in a similar manner for sidequests.

Email could fit right in with that idea, as incoming mail would be registered straight to this device.

PellOfTheTundra said:

Nah, Pokedexes are supposed to be special, only a handful of trainers recognized by regional professors get to own one. Having the Pokedex be an app would defeat that purpose.

Haunted Water said:
»Why? Just why?

Yeah, with chat features in recent games, Mail is pretty much obsolete. Get rid of it.

Re: RE: Your hopes for 6th generation?

Bolt the Cat said:
PellOfTheTundra said:

That would be an interesting idea, maybe that could be integrated into my Fame Checker idea. Here's what I was thinking:

It would be a device that, like the Fame Checker, would record conversations with certain characters. Although instead of recording conversations about important characters, it would record conversations about important events, whatever it is you need to do to progress in the storyline. For example, let's say you're playing BW2 and made it to Lentimas Town. It could record your conversation with Professor Juniper where she asks you to go to Opelucid City to ask Drayden about the legendary dragons. In addition, if you didn't know where Opelucid City was, it could point it out to you on the map, and you could plan your route to get there (this way, the whole "players are getting lost" excuse would be eliminated). It could also be used in a similar manner for sidequests.

Email could fit right in with that idea, as incoming mail would be registered straight to this device.

Nah, Pokedexes are supposed to be special, only a handful of trainers recognized by regional professors get to own one. Having the Pokedex be an app would defeat that purpose.

I said a chip, not just an app. The chip would have to be implanted, by a professor, into the P*DA or whatever. I feel like it would just be more convenient for the newer players to have it all in one device.

Vs. Seeker so I can grind and still have fun.
A rival kind of like Hugh. I liked how Hugh was fleshed out. He was going to defeat Team Plasma so he could get back his sister's Purrloin. Sure, you battled a few times, but it was like accidentally crossing paths. He had his own journey to finish.
Basically, I don't want annoying rivals like Cheren who follow you around as their main goal. I hate you Cheren!

Amphy23 said:
A rival kind of like Hugh. I liked how Hugh was fleshed out. He was going to defeat Team Plasma so he could get back his sister's Purrloin. Sure, you battled a few times, but it was like accidentally crossing paths. He had his own journey to finish.

Hugh's characterization kind of defeats the purpose of him being a rival, he rarely battles you (not to mention he didn't even have a full team until post game), and he's more concerned with defeating Team Plasma than he is with fighting you. I don't mind rivals having other goals like that, but they need to be a constant challenge along the way, that's what makes them rivals.

Cheren was such a stalker dumb rival. I like the idea of mail not getting used ever again, as the only use for it ever was in Mauville City to get the Coin Case.

I found rotation battles to actually be quite fun. I had never done Rotation battles competitively until the Winter Friendly Competition this winter and had a blast. I agree with the return of Pokeathlon. I've spent many hours doing that trying to get potential trophies.

I agree. I want to see something like the pokeathon. That was actually fun.
I want to see...
•A caravel theme based town (We've had amusement park already... I just think this would be another cool town themed idea... /:)
•Vs. seeker back
•CUSTOMIZABLE character!!!!!
•A jerk of a rival. I'm sick of this "child hood friend" gig, too.
•Double wild battles!! I really liked this feature of bw/bw2

here is what i really hope for in X Y
-The starters start evolving at level 20 then level 45
-Rework some of the evolution method of some Pokemon
-The "X" and "Y" have something to do with genetic engineering
-Pokerader!!
-Underground base!!
-More breeding mechanics that let you have strange Pokemon
-More double and triple battles
-Over 200 new Pokemon including Pre-evos and new evos!
-To make the game unhackable @_@ (i hate it when people just use action replay to get anything they want)
-HM DIVE!!

Why the change in levels for the starters? Its perfect as it is...
They've already said there would be around 130 new pokemon.

frostwind said:
Why the change in levels for the starters? Its perfect as it is...
They've already said there would be around 130 new pokemon.

No they didn't.

m7mad133 said:
-To make the game unhackable @_@ (i hate it when people just use action replay to get anything they want)

I don't think that's even possible.

I'd like for advanced Wi-Fi Connections for battling and trading to where you don't get kicked off the Internet in the middle of something, I remember when I do Wi-Fi Random Matchup on GTS and alot of times when I play against somebody from Japan or somewhere in Europe I get disconnected from Wi-Fi out of nowhere sometimes, it's pretty stupid. Sometimes when I'm trading with someone on Wi-Fi I sometimes get kicked off from the Internet probably because of too much bandwidth I guess.

I don't like how GTS battles are only 3-4 Pokemon at one time when you should be allowed to do 6 on 6 like you would If you did a Wi-Fi Battle in the Wi-Fi Club Room with access to someone's Friend Code. I'd also love for them to make it easier for players to EV Train their Pokemon by being able to re-battle Trainers like they did in Gen IV in Pokemon Platinum. In Gen V you basically had to figure out which Pokemon gave which EV's to a specific stat and go in the grass to EV train instead which isn't bad but re-battling Trainers is better IMO.

Speaking of the GTS, it needs a major rehaul. Here's some things they could do to improve it:

-Ban offers that cannot legally exist (Reshiram/Zekrom Lv. 9 and under, etc.)
-Increase the number of search results displayed. 7 is way too little, especially considering many of them are ridiculous to begin with.
-Clear completed trades from the search results (I can't believe that this actually happens).
-Allow the ability to view an offered Pokemon's Summary page. This would allow you to view all of the other details on the Pokemon offered if you're looking for something specific (stats, nature, ability, etc.). It would also allow you to spot hacks easier.
-A report feature to alert Nintendo/Game Freak/whoever to hacks so that the hacks can be removed.

Bolt the Cat said:
m7mad133 said:

I don't think that's even possible.

It's entirely possible to make a game non-hackable. It's called not making the game. If it has coding, it can be hacked.
Just saying.
Also, please don't leave us wi-fi deprived players behind like you did last gen.

I'd love to see DLCs introduced. Event exclusive Pokemon would be made available through that. But the only downside is that it ruins the fun of going to events to get the event exclusive Pokemon in the first place. It'd be great for people who can't make it, though. I'd love to see DLCs implemented somehow in X/Y.

oh and BRING BACK THE VS SEEKER.

Back