XY What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc.

Ysmir

Retired Mod
So I saw folks posting threads on what new Pokemon they wanna see, Old Pokemon they wanna see, and new features.

So I thought we'd have a thread about new environments, random events, small details, that make the game more enjoyable.

I'll start,
I'd like to see Growlithe or whatever canine Pokemon are in the games part of the Police force ala Officer Jenny.

Speaking of, I'd like for there to be more presence of law. Not just random NPCs you battle at night. The way it is now you'd figure the Gym Leaders are the heads of security and law in the Pokeworld. A Police headquarters. Police NPCs like Looker.

Like for their to be more random events in the wild like walking on a route in a forest and a Pikachu randomly runs across the road into the grass on the other side. Or being by a Bluff and seeing a flock of Wingulls passby. (Sort of like Marine tube but for the whole game)

Also like for trainers to be doing something in the trailer the trainers where just standing there like robots. How about some life? Even if they remain stationary a random cough, sigh, looking at the sky etc.

So how about you guys? Sound off below!

RE: New things! Environment! Random events! Etc

I would like to see animation in the NPC's for sure. I agree on the random events such as Pokemon running across a path or maybe fish jumping. I would also like to see better transitions between seasons and weather that occurs randomly. Also, I want to see the movement of the sun to correspond with the time of the day. One more thing I can think of, I really want to see more Pokemon appear at certain times of the day or during certain weather/seasons. Like more nocturnal Pokemon at night, more grass type after a rain or more insects during the summer. Small things like that would make it more challenging to collect all the Pokemon but also make it interesting. That would probably mean there would need to be a large amount of Pokemon per route though.

To actually see what happens when a Pokemon use fly,dig,bounce or dive

To add on to Silentslayer's post about Fly/Dig/Bounce/Dive, I really want to see if Dive will be edited at all when on land, or made so it can only be used whilst Surfing (like in PMD).

I really want to see people actually going inside at night. It always seemed a bit weird, that you could play at 3a.m. in the morning and have children outside. B/W had Lacunosa Town, which had people going in during night, but that was only for a story reason (Kyurem).
Oh, and have the insides of Caves a bit differet. In previous games they've always had the same design and it would be nice to have some diversity in them (e.g. just have one with stalagmites in, and the other with a different color rock).

RE: What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc

For trainer battles, I really hope they change the static characters from the video they showed - because that looked plain awful. Surely they can arrange it so that a character will challenge you to a battle if you walk within a certain radius of them? That way, they can walk around at least.

RE: What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc

I'd like to see as well if we are able to Dive water Pokemon (Which may or may not be interact-able) Also a variety of sea life. Like coral formations or underwater caves. Just something besides seaweed and bubbles.

Also good job guys with the suggestions liking what I've seen so far.

Zelda and PMD style dungeons for caves, forests, etc, with much more diversity in terms of location.
Diagonal movement.
Daycare phone you when pokemon learns a new move so you can choose what to keep and what to delete.
3d map screen ala google maps style (we may get this)
Hgss bottom screen interface
Walking pokemon
Transparent water with visible floor varying in height as would be natural
See pokemon running in grass and swimming in water in the over world just for decoration,
Working video xtranciever chat like they attempted to have in bw bw2
Customizable trainers
Box enemy trainers move around a bit, naturally instead of standing and staring.
An option to accept or deny a trainers challenge to battle

Pull up pokedex in battle so ou can get the data on a pokemon, and for uncaught pokemon, only display this information while battling.

Talking pokedex. They can do it in the anime, why not the game?

Local co op play

The ability not to list on for hours in a single post lol

Overworld Pokemon sprites!!!

-Choose a Pokemon to follow you
-Have an option to turn it off though
-Actually surf/fly on the actual Pokemon that you are using.

I'd like to see if Charizard will be in the game.

There needs to be more boxes to store Pokemon in the game. BW2 only gives 8 boxes with 30 Pokemon each. That only is 240. I'd like to have at least enough boxes so you can have one of each Pokemon in the PC all the time.

King Arceus said:
There needs to be more boxes to store Pokemon in the game. BW2 only gives 8 boxes with 30 Pokemon each. That only is 240. I'd like to have at least enough boxes so you can have one of each Pokemon in the PC all the time.

There are 24 boxes maximum in BW2 for a total of 720 Pokemon.

Just put 1 Pokemon in each box to unlock more boxes, and repeat until you have all of them.

Walking pokemon, and catchable starters from previous generations. Like, even if they're super rare, I'd still want to know where Mudkip came from.

To add with the walking Pokemon
They should revive the option to have your Pokemon to walk with you

The ability to swim, the era of surfing is /so/ over.

Dynamic camera angles like in the first trailer of Pokemon Battle Revolution.
Also, like the first trailer for PBR, battle environments that change depending on what's used.

I think they need to fix the skydrop glitch (which is basically the only reason the move is banned in tournaments) (Don't use gravity then skydrop, unless you want to see a glitch):cool:

Zoroark316 said:
Working video xtranciever chat like they attempted to have in bw bw2

I could maybe see them getting the video fluid instead of images that refresh every second-ish, but the quality of the video itself can't improve. The 3DS is using the same 0.3 megapixel camera the DSi is using, assumingly for compatibility with stuff like BW and BW2.

Trainer of Shadows said:
King Arceus said:

There are 24 boxes maximum in BW2 for a total of 720 Pokemon.

Just put 1 Pokemon in each box to unlock more boxes, and repeat until you have all of them.

Yeah, I hope they can improve that a bit. DPPtHGSS all had slightly slow save times because of the PC. BW and BW2 tried to suppress this by only giving you 8 boxes at first, but the save time does get noticeably slower if you unlock all 24. It'd be nice to have that fixed. Maybe even figure out a way to have vast amounts of storage boxes. I'd be fine having multiple PCs of 24 boxes.

One thing I can't wait to see: Ledges with unquestionable depth.

Have an option to star gaze

I'd like a ton of different cities and environments. Volcanoes, mountains, a later game forest, different types of caves, undersea adventures, I want all of it. I'd like to see the different types of European architecture with the buildings and major monuments.

Back