XY What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc.

I would like like to see interactive NPC's, like the Trick Master in the Trick House in gen3, or that one weird guy in the glasses in Mauville city.
Also would like to see many more kinds of plants, and also a bit more variation in buildings, especially the ones with no real purpose but to fill space. Like add a pattern, or different style roof.

Things I'd like currently;
- A place of your own you can decorate yourself. I earlier said secret bases should return, which I would love, but I think I should go less radical and just say there is one location and you can customize it to make it your own, that is much more plausible... On a less likely note, I think we should be able to alter the exterior and the potential garden, just like you could change the safari zone, but with more options. The decorate function for pokemon amie hints at something, but probably it is just the background or the pokemon.

- Again the return of ball capsules, can't stress it enough... I miss my dramatic entries... Just remove the letters and add more effects.

- Something like the PWT, but with the elite-four members, frontier brains, and new special trainers included. I loved it in BW2, it was easily the best battle frontier like facility in since Emerald's in my opinion. Actually, maybe they could make it part of something like the battle frontier in Emerald? Also, all the possibilities for amazing buildings in such facilities.

- The addition of substantially satisfying side quests. My main problem with series is the relatively large lack of deeper and more intriguing side-plots and for some reason that really bothers me. Besides the fact that such a thing would make pokemon stronger as a series on this side of the world, as in pokemon is still very much a JRPG, but they could add WRPG elements, such as enormous non main story side-plots and especially many side-plots (There are also JRPG's that have this, but I now use traditional WRPGs, that almost always have it). Deeper side-plots also allow for new kinds of areas and strong trainers they could not add before in one game. There should be one or two side-plots before the first time you can defeat the league, even more (3 or 4) after the first time, with a large postgame, and if you defeat the league the second time you get the last few. They could easily make the last for more than a hundred hours, just to complete it. Of course if you're finished there should still be enough to do, like the battle frontier I mentioned earlier.
Side plots are there already, but it still needs a lot of improving in my opinion.

-Planting berries in the overworld... words can't express how much I hate the DW for taking away that function... I would like it if they return it... not in the UFO pots, but good ol' RSE and DPP style berry plants in the overworld. I don't have much hope for it to ever return, just like secret bases, but still... I want it back.

-Hard mode from the beginning and a more challenging game in general...

-Large and extensive main story (with more than 8 gyms...)

There are different environments for water-based battles, which I find to be a nice detail. I hope other environments have such varied appearances too.

On the beach
fishing/surfing on a lake

And a battle on the ocean:
7x6.gif

I find it weird, how on the beach, everything is sand, except for the area your Pokémon is standing on. The other way around would've made more sense.

Axell Starr said:
I would like like to see interactive NPC's, like the Trick Master in the Trick House in gen3, or that one weird guy in the glasses in Mauville city.

Trick Master was awesome, and I was sad that he never returned, I love solving puzzles, and I wanted to see more. That being said, I'm not sure we'll see him this game because it seems like they've forgotten about him, maybe after they revisit RS they'll reconsider.

Lanturnman said:
The addition of substantially satisfying side quests. My main problem with series is the relatively large lack of deeper and more intriguing side-plots and for some reason that really bothers me. Besides the fact that such a thing would make pokemon stronger as a series on this side of the world, as in pokemon is still very much a JRPG, but they could add WRPG elements, such as enormous non main story side-plots and especially many side-plots (There are also JRPG's that have this, but I now use traditional WRPGs, that almost always have it). Deeper side-plots also allow for new kinds of areas and strong trainers they could not add before in one game.

Well, we already have Funfest Missions, but I could see them improving on this system. They could do it like the Quests in Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia/Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs, those were fun. You had extra little missions that you could initiate by talking to NPCs after certain points in the game, and they sometimes led to unique battles within the storyline. Also, they sometimes added some permanent changes to the game, such as new characters appearing or changing their roles (for instance, on several occasions in Ranger one of the grunts ends up leaving the evil team and doing something else), new Pokemon appearing, or some subtle changes to the area layout (such as a new bridge being added as a shortcut, or discovering something like a Hidden Grotto). I'd love something like that.

Lanturnman said:
There should be one or two side-plots before the first time you can defeat the league, even more (3 or 4) after the first time, with a large postgame, and if you defeat the league the second time you get the last few. They could easily make the last for more than a hundred hours, just to complete it. Of course if you're finished there should still be enough to do, like the battle frontier I mentioned earlier.
Side plots are there already, but it still needs a lot of improving in my opinion.

Now actually side stories? That is something I don't think any Pokemon game has ever done, the closest we've seen to something like that is the Sage hunt post game in BW1.

Lanturnman said:
Planting berries in the overworld... words can't express how much I hate the DW for taking away that function... I would like it if they return it... not in the UFO pots, but good ol' RSE and DPP style berry plants in the overworld. I don't have much hope for it to ever return, just like secret bases, but still... I want it back.

For some reason I don't think that they'll have random overworld berry spots anymore, I think it'll either be Berry Pots or some sort of dedicated Berry Garden (like if the only place you could grow berries would be your house or the Berry Master's house or something). I don't really like using scattered berry spots for planting either, I'd rather have it all in one place.

I would like to see Hidden Grottos again. I would also like Berry Planting, Diving, and Fishing stay in the games. I would like it if seasons stayed in also. :)

Here's a new idea, though. How about items are randomly generated? Like, the first time you play through X or Y there is a Potion in a certain spot. The next time you play through the game and you're at the spot where you found the Potion, its not there, or at least a different item. Maybe a 5% chance its a TM, 20% chance its a Hyper Potion or Revive, 75% its another Potion or a status healing item. Just an idea. (I haven't read any past posts, so sorry if it seems as if I'm repeating somebody else's idea.)

EDIT: I just forgot a proper difficulty changer. I mean, seriously just put a difficulty slider in the options before you start the game, or something like that.

I have simple requests, sure we see shiny Pokemon sparkle before the battle starts, but what if you didn't catch the sparkles or the shiny isn't that different from the original?

>I propose that during the battle, if the Pokemon is shiny, it'll sparkle throughout the battle and the name of said Pokemon is red so it will be easy to not accidentally faint it in a duo battle (ESPECIALLY if you're playing a foreign copy/language).

>The ability to delete multiple Pokemon. Come on, spam us with warnings and whatnot, but when I'm MM'ing I don't want to sit there for ten minutes releasing the Pokemon I've hatched to make way for a new batch.

>HMs to be unlearned without a Move Deleter. Okay, no one wants to be stuck in the middle of nowhere, so I want to be able to unlearn HM moves within a Pokemon Center.

I miss the Under Ground, I also wish that you can get a house and get multiple Items: Decorations, Furniture, Outside decoration etc...
Like the villa in the Platinum except a broader range of things you can get :), Ball Capsules are a must, I like the entrances also, but I liked the letters they were fun :p. I would like something like mirage Island back in the game :), sure it was a pain, but once their you felt like you accomplished a glorious feat.

Back