XY What Is Your Opinion on The Fairy-type? Think Pokémon, Type-Distribution, etc.

RE: Anyone else upset at the type distribution of the Fairy type?

Jakeremix said:
AdamLambert said:
Am I seriously the only one that has no problem with Xerneas being pure Fairy-type? I mean, its design has literally NO Grass-type characteristics. No leaves, no green, nothing. If Xerneas appeared with a background of glaciers and icebergs, you would say it would be an Ice-type. If it appeared with a background of waterfalls, you'd say it would be a Water-type. There's really no type that fits its design other than Fairy, Psychic, or maybe Steel, in my opinion.

Light honestly fits Xerneas the best out of everything even if it doesn't exist. Seriously...

Fairy is pretty much Light but with a different name (which allows it to have a wide variety of mons)

and Fairy has a lot more potential with designs and attacks and those sort of things than Light will ever have

P.DelSlayer said:
Jakeremix said:
Light honestly fits Xerneas the best out of everything even if it doesn't exist. Seriously...

Fairy is pretty much Light but with a different name

and Fairy has a lot more potential with designs and attacks and those sort of things than Light will ever have

So if fairy is pretty much light, then Ampharos can be a fairy?

Jakeremix said:
P.DelSlayer said:

Fairy isn't light.

I mean they have the same function, but fairy has a different base than light, and covers a more diverse range of mon.

I don't think ampharos would be light

Jakeremix said:
P.DelSlayer said:

I was referring to Light in the 'opposite-to-Dark' context a lot of people have been using as what they think is an actual reason to add one in. (which is totally a crud reason anyways as fighting was light in that context)
Light in the context you're thinking of (literal light energy) has been shown to be electric's territory (sometimes branching out into Psychic)

Although since Marill became a fairy then Ampharos isn't totally unthinkable as a possibility, lol.

(this is a bit off but I really just wanna know all the Pokemon that are gonna be retconned to be part fairy. imo we need those just as much as new fairies)

Also I've just realised how good mismagius would be with Ghost/Fairy
Immune to Fighting, Dragon and Ground, 3 of the big types in the OU metagame right now. (plus immunity to normal but normal is lol)
It could also hit Fighting, Dragon, Dark, Psychic and Ghost for SE damage. not bad at all. (considering it's in UU with pure Ghost typing it could potentially be viable in OU)
The typing also really fits her, considering her design origins.

P.DelSlayer said:
Jakeremix said:

I was referring to Light in the 'opposite-to-Dark' context a lot of people have been using as what they think is an actual reason to add one in. (which is totally a crud reason anyways as fighting was light in that context)
Light in the context you're thinking of (literal light energy) has been shown to be electric's territory (sometimes branching out into Psychic)

altho since Marill became a fairy then Ampharos isn't totally unthinkable as a possibility lol

(this is a bit off but I really just wanna know all the Pokemon that are gonna be retconned to be part fairy. imo we need those just as much as new fairies)

also I've just realised how good mismagius would be with Ghost/Fairy
immune to Fighting, Dragon and Ground, 3 of the big types in the OU metagame right now. (plus immunity to normal but normal is lol)
it could also hit Fighting, Dragon, Dark, Psychic and Ghost for SE damage. not bad at all. (considering it's in UU with pure Ghost typing it could potentially be viable in OU)
the typing also really fits her, considering her design origins.

I love the idea of Mismagius becoming a Ghost/Fairy-type! I loved using it in wi-fi battles in 4th gen, but its usefulness died way down when 5th gen came along. I'd like to see it get a small redemption!

Jakeremix said:
P.DelSlayer said:

"Light" in the way that everybody seems to have been using it means, more or less, "good" or "righteous" (Fighting-types already represent this), or the opposite of "bad" or "corrupted" (Dark-types), not literally the light that allows us to see, like light from the sun (fire) or bio-luminescence (Ampharos, Lantern, Volbeat, etc.). If that were the case, all Fire, Electric, and some Psychic and Bug-type Pokemon (maybe more types as well) would have the potential to become Light-types, which wouldn't make sense.

Fairy-types, so far, seem to represent the life or nature (like Xerneas seeming to represent the Deer God or the stag from Norse mythology), magical properties a creature has (Gardevoir being able to create black holes), and then it includes pixie-like fairies that touch upon the stereotypes of some fairies being very miniscule and harmless-looking (Clefairy, Swirlix, Jigglypuff, etc.).

RE: Your views on the Fairy type-distribution and the new Fairy-type Pokémon

I am not to keen on the pure Fairy types we have seen so far. The only pure Fairy type Pokemon I like at the moment is Xerneas. I am not saying that the others are bad, they are just not my cup of tea :)

I love the idea. I'm always open to new ideas and potentially creative and fun ones at that. The fact it's getting so much hate on other forums makes me enjoy it even more.

The question is, will all Pokémon in the fairy egg group become a fairy type along side such others as the Ralts line aside Gallade?
Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Chansey, Blissey, Plusle, Minun, Audino, Pikachu, Raichu, Marill, Azumarill, Togetic, Togekiss, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Snubull, Granbull, Shroomish, Breloom, Skitty, Delcatty, Mawile, Roselia, Roserade, Castform, Snorunt, Glailie, Frosslass, Pachirisu, Cherrim, Cherubi, Phione, Manaphy, Cottonee, and Whimsicott are all in the fairy group.

Personally, I'd love to see
Misdreavus, Mismagius, Clefairy, Clefable, Mawile, Petilil, Lilligant, Snubull, Granbull, Chimecho, Bellossom, Luvdisc, Alomomola, and Lumineon become fairy types. That would be awesome.

P.DelSlayer said:
Also I've just realised how good mismagius would be with Ghost/Fairy
Immune to Fighting, Dragon and Ground, 3 of the big types in the OU metagame right now. (plus immunity to normal but normal is lol)
It could also hit Fighting, Dragon, Dark, Psychic and Ghost for SE damage. not bad at all. (considering it's in UU with pure Ghost typing it could potentially be viable in OU)
The typing also really fits her, considering her design origins.

Okay, that would be awesome. I had never thought of Mismagius. The only problem with it is that it would take away from the already small list of pure ghosts.

Scuba Steve said:
I love the idea. I'm always open to new ideas and potentially creative and fun ones at that. The fact it's getting so much hate on other forums makes me enjoy it even more.

The question is, will all Pokémon in the fairy egg group become a fairy type along side such others as the Ralts line aside Gallade?
Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Chansey, Blissey, Plusle, Minun, Audino, Pikachu, Raichu, Marill, Azumarill, Togetic, Togekiss, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Snubull, Granbull, Shroomish, Breloom, Skitty, Delcatty, Mawile, Roselia, Roserade, Castform, Snorunt, Glailie, Frosslass, Pachirisu, Cherrim, Cherubi, Phione, Manaphy, Cottonee, and Whimsicott are all in the fairy group.

Misdreavus, Mismagius, Clefairy, Clefable, Mawile, Petilil, Lilligant, Snubull, Granbull, Chimecho, Bellossom, Luvdisc, Alomomola, and Lumineon become fairy types. That would be awesome.

Not all the pokemon who are in the dragon or grass egg groups are dragon type or grass type. I love your list btw.

Scuba Steve said:

I made a thread about rumored/plausible retypes so you should post your ideas there. I'm trying to make a compact list. :D

Why do you think the Fairy type is super-effective against Dragons?

Fairies=Magic.
Dragons=Magical creatures.
Dragons=weak to Dragons.

Therefore, Fairies=strong against Dragons.

What do you guys think?

RE: My Logic For Fairies/Dragons

I think:

Fairies=fairytales
Dragons= princess (kidnapped)
Fairytales=knghts
Knights=slain dragons.
so Fairies=dragonslayers.
:D

Dragons practically USE magic.
Also, faeries aren't just itty bitty little pixies.
We're talking about princesses and princes with magical talking animals.
Yeah, it is magic, but dragons also use magic.
Just in a more destructive way.

In every fairytale, the dragon who kidnaps the princess usually dies. Plus fairies use magic, one of the main weaknesses of dragons because how do you defend against something like that? Steel type is the knights who slay dragons.

In times like this, there is only one simple video to explain.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-qLC_ptImo[/video]

Ohman177 said:
In every fairytale, the dragon who kidnaps the princess usually dies. Plus fairies use magic, one of the main weaknesses of dragons because how do you defend against something like that? Steel type is the knights who slay dragons.
Agreed except steel failed there most can't take their hits.

zappy800 said:
Ohman177 said:

Um no it didn't. Steel resists dragon because knights' Armour is made of steel and it repels their fire breath and the sword which they slay them with is steel.

Ohman177 said:
zappy800 said:

Um no it didn't. Steel resists dragon because knights' Armour is made of steel and it repels their fire breath and the sword which they slay them with is steel.

I meant most steel types can't survive against any dragon pokemon.
The resistance didn't help that much.

zappy800 said:
Ohman177 said:

I meant most steel types can't survive against any dragon pokemon.
The resistance didn't help that much.

Yeah if the Dragon pokemon uses Earthquake or Flamethrower, but if you try to use Outrage on a Steel type in a competitive match...your dragon will be confused before knocking the Steel type out!

RE: Why do you think the Fairy type is super-effective against Dragons?

That is not always true; some steel types will fall anyways. Besides outrage is for people who don't like to really strategize.

RE: Why do you think the Fairy type is super-effective against Dragons?

zappy800 said:
Whoa one of my posts got deleted weird.o_O
Anyways that is not always true some steel types will fall anyways. Besides outrage is for people who don't like to really strategize.

It really depends on the Steel Pokemon and how each one was EV trained but to kinda stay on topic this is the huge reason for why Fairy got made. Ice (my favorite typing) is one of the worst typings in the game and can't hold up to stronger pokemon. Steel, a defensive typing, doesn't hold up due to almost every Dragon learning powerful Ground or Fire moves.

A lot of what you guys said is very good reasoning as I never thought of the whole "Dragons get killed in fairy tales." I was simply thinking along the lines of magic vs magic and most fairies in myth aren't greatly affected by magic but dragons however are.

Back