XY What Is Your Opinion on The Fairy-type? Think Pokémon, Type-Distribution, etc.

Gardy

Drohn is love, Drohn is life...
How do you feel about the new Fairy type-distributions? And the new Fairy-type Pokemon?

I'm quite excited about it, since it gives my favorite Pokémon , Gardevoir, a great bonus.

I think it will be like this for its evolutionary line:

Ralts: Psychic
Kirlia: Psychic/Fairy
Gardevoir: Psychic/Fairy

RE: What cool new Pokemon/evolution do you want to see in the 6th generation?

gamefreak33797 said:
ya, here is their new chain, I think.

Ralts: Psychic
Kirlia: Psychic/Fairy
Gardevoir: Psychic/Fairy

If the rumor of fairy types being immune to dragon and super effective against dark, then you are going to take down hydreigon easily, and you don't have to worry about dragon moves all together.

Exactly, I will no longer have to fear my friends teams, they all know that my Gardevoir is my strongest, so they all have dark types, and at least one Hydreigon.

But you will now be weak to poison, ironic isn't

Well, normal damage, Psychic isn't

I thought poison wasn't effective against: poison,rock,ghost,ground, and normal against everything else, super effective against fairy and grass, and steel was immune to poison?

Isn't poison weak against Psychic?

benehime said:

Gardevoir will now be weak to bug, ghost, steel (according to the rumor) and poison (apparently, poison always did 1x against psychic), inmune to dragon, get half damage from fairy (actaully, make that 0.25x damage, because fairy), fighting and psychic, and 1x from dark and everything else.

On one hand, yay dragon inmunity, and it's time for vengeance against the dark types. On the other, steel types are annoying enough, now they will be a danger too, poison won't be too much of a problem, the steel types worry me more, specially since they tend to favor attack, and gardevoir's defense is really low.

benehime said:

Uh . . . Gardevoir would still destroy poison types, remember that poison is weak to psychic, just about every type has a species that can counter a weakness.

I.E. flying is weak to electric and we have the Gligar line (nope they are not poison types)

Normal is weak to fighting and we have Girafarig

Fighting is weak to bugs (yes they are weak to bugs for some reason but who am I to question why?) Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar (makes me hope that we do not get another fire/fighting starter again)

Water is also weak to electric and we have quagsire, we also have the ice types for their grass weakness.

Grass weak to fire? Ludicolo says hi

Poison weak to psychic? Fart skunk (Skuntank just so you know) and Drapion say hi

Electric weak to ground? Zapdos, Emolga, Thundurus, Fan Rotom. I would not count Elektross because a smackdown plus earthquake combo are all that are needed to defeat that thing.

Ground weak to water? Stunfisk Grass? Mammoswine and Camerupt Ice (I.E. just ice types in general) Camerupt again.

Psychic weak to dark? Gallade, weak to ghost? Girafarig is immune to ghost attacks by the way

Rock weak to grass? Magcargo, Ground? Omastar, Relicanth, basically the ones that are part water or grass

Ice weak to rock? Any that are part water type and Mammoswine. Steel? Mammoswine Fire? How many are part water type again?

Bug weak to fire? Surskit (even though it might not help much) weak to rock? Leavanny Flying? Galvantula

Dragon weak to Ice? Reshiram Weak to Fairy? We might see a poison/Dragon at some point in the future.

Ghost weak to Dark? Shedinja (although that one hp does not help much but it will still weaken those pesky dark types if it is fast enough)

Ghost weak to Dark types? Well they are strong against themselves but Sableye and Spiritomb are also part dark type so . . .

Steel weak to Ground? Empoleon Fire? Empoleon Fighting? Skarmory, Metagross, Jirachi, and Bronzong.

Fairy weak to poison? Gardevoir says hi.

Actually considering that dragon will be weak to Fairy types I would expect to see either a Poison/Dragon (or Dragon/Poison) either this generation or sometime in the future.

Raptor9229 said:
Fighting is weak to bugs (yes they are weak to bugs for some reason but who am I to question why?) Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar (makes me hope that we do not get another fire/fighting starter again)

Fighting resists Bug, and vice versa.

I am one just glad poison is super effective on something other than grass, because usually there isn't that many pure grass types

Raptor9229 said:
Uh . . . Gardevoir would still destroy poison types, remember that poison is weak to psychic, just about every type has a species that can counter a weakness.

Whether it has a SE STAB to it is irrelevant, because Gardevoir WILL be weak to Poison, hence "watch out for faster poison pokes" and "any pokemon not weak to gardevoirs moves, with a poison move can be a threat"

Raptor9229 said:
I.E. flying is weak to electric and we have the Gligar line (nope they are not poison types)

The difference is that Gligar gains an immunity against Electric because of being Ground, which nulifies the weakness. For Gardevoir, being Psychic doesn't make the Poison weakness go away.

Raptor9229 said:
Except that Gorafarigs Psychic type neutralises the Fighting weakness since Psychic is resistant to it, whereas Gardevoir will be weak to Poison as a Fairy.
Raptor9229 said:
Fighting is weak to bugs
False
Raptor9229 said:
Water is also weak to electric and we have quagsire, we also have the ice types for their grass weakness.
Same situation as Gligar example. Its simply not the same case with Gardevoirs Poison weakness.
Raptor9229 said:
Same situation as Girafarig example since Water actually neutralises the Fire weakness.
Raptor9229 said:
Poison weak to psychic? Skuntank and Drapion say hi
Same as Gligar and Quagsire gaining immunities... their other type actually helps them deal with those weaknesses on the defensive side.
Raptor9229 said:
Electric weak to ground? Zapdos, Emolga, Thundurus, Fan Rotom. I would not count Elektross because a smackdown plus earthquake combo are all that are needed to defeat that thing.
Another immunity gaining example.
Raptor9229 said:
Ground weak to water? Stunfisk
Grass? Mammoswine
THESE two are the right examples, because they still die horribly to Water/Grass moves, which is what happens to Gardevoir for Poison moves if they get more popular (like if Blissey turns Fairy and every team suddenly needs a Poison move somewhere)
Raptor9229 said:
Psychic weak to dark? Gallade, weak to ghost? Girafarig is immune to ghost attacks by the way
Rock weak to grass? Magcargo, Ground? Omastar, Relicanth, basically the ones that are part water or grass
Ice weak to rock? Any that are part water type and Mammoswine. Steel? Mammoswine Fire? How many are part water type again?
Bug weak to fire? Surskit (even though it might not help much) weak to rock? Leavanny Flying? Galvantula
Dragon weak to Ice? Reshiram Weak to Fairy? We might see a poison/Dragon at some point in the future.
Ghost weak to Dark? Shedinja (although that one hp does not help much but it will still weaken those pesky dark types if it is fast enough)
Ghost weak to Dark types? Well they are strong against themselves but Sableye and Spiritomb are also part dark type so . . .
Steel weak to Ground? Empoleon Fire? Empoleon Fighting? Skarmory, Metagross, Jirachi, and Bronzong.
Actually considering that dragon will be weak to Fairy types I would expect to see either a Poison/Dragon (or Dragon/Poison) either this generation or sometime in the future.
I don't think anyone needed all those examples. About half of them apply to the Gardevoir case, the rest all gain something defensively.

I know that some Pokemon are going to be reclassified as fairy like jigglypuff, which is only weak to fighting now it is weak to fighting, steel, and poison, but great against a Dragon. Which I kinda see as a trade off, now easier to defeat certain like hydreigon with jigglypuff, but highlypuff gain more weakness. I don't know I can't wait to see pure fairy types evos.

benehime said:
I am one just glad poison is super effective on something other than grass, because usually there isn't that many pure grass types

Poison has needed a buff for a LONG time, and I am happy it's finally gotten one (if the rumors are 100% true, of course). I'm hoping to see some awesome Poison types this gen, especially our first Poison legendary.
arceus with toxic plate doesn't count

Mitja said:
Raptor9229 said:

Whether it has a SE STAB to it is irrelevant, because Gardevoir WILL be weak to Poison, hence "watch out for faster poison pokes" and "any pokemon not weak to gardevoirs moves, with a poison move can be a threat"

Raptor9229 said:

The difference is that Gligar gains an immunity against Electric because of being Ground, which nulifies the weakness. For Gardevoir, being Psychic doesn't make the Poison weakness go away.

Raptor9229 said:
Except that Gorafarigs Psychic type neutralises the Fighting weakness since Psychic is resistant to it, whereas Gardevoir will be weak to Poison as a Fairy.
Raptor9229 said:
Fighting is weak to bugs
False
Raptor9229 said:
Same situation as Gligar example. Its simply not the same case with Gardevoirs Poison weakness.
Raptor9229 said:
Same situation as Girafarig example since Water actually neutralises the Fire weakness.
Raptor9229 said:
Poison weak to psychic? Skuntank and Drapion say hi
Same as Gligar and Quagsire gaining immunities... their other type actually helps them deal with those weaknesses on the defensive side.
Raptor9229 said:
Another immunity gaining example.
Raptor9229 said:
Ground weak to water? Stunfisk
Grass? Mammoswine
THESE two are the right examples, because they still die horribly to Water/Grass moves, which is what happens to Gardevoir for Poison moves if they get more popular (like if Blissey turns Fairy and every team suddenly needs a Poison move somewhere)
Raptor9229 said:
I don't think anyone needed all those examples. About half of them apply to the Gardevoir case, the rest all gain something defensively.

I am just making comparisons to how each type has a member that can still deal with at least one weakness and I can still expect a Dragon/Poison pokemon at some point due to this. I am not trying to argue with you guys I am just trying to voice my opinions in a way that makes sense. I am also just saying that Gardevoir would still be able to take on poison types due to being psychic type, never said anything about poison not being able to take it out.

Gardevoir would take double damage from poison but also hit for double damage on poison with a psychic stab too right?

Ohman177 said:
Gardevoir would take double damage from poison but also hit for double damage on poison with a psychic stab too right?

exactly.
Unless the Poison opponent has a second type that resists or is immune to Psychic (Psychic, Steel, Dark)
But the opponent does not need to be Poison type to be able to use Poison type moves.

Mitja said:
Ohman177 said:

exactly.
Unless the Poison opponent has a second type that resists or is immune to Psychic (Psychic, Steel, Dark)
But the opponent does not need to be Poison type to be able to use Poison type moves.

But if you think about it, the only pokemon where that could happen would be poison/dark or poison/steel types. Since the later doesn't exist and the former is taken care of with Gardevoir's fairy typing, she really isn't at any disadvantage.

Ohman177 said:
Mitja said:
exactly.

But if you think about it, the only pokemon where that could happen would be poison/dark or poison/steel types. Since the later doesn't exist and the former is taken care of with Gardevoir's fairy typing, she really isn't at any disadvantage.

You're forgetting she's weak to steel-types too. Something like Magnezone would put an end to her, her only coverage for steel-type threats is focus blast and that's playing russian roulette.

professorlight said:
steel types are annoying enough, now they will be a danger too, poison won't be too much of a problem, the steel types worry me more, specially since they tend to favor attack, and gardevoir's defense is really low.

Sky Pillar said:
Ohman177 said:

You're forgetting she's weak to steel-types too. Something like Magnezone would put an end to her, her only coverage for steel-type threats is focus blast and that's playing russian roulette.

Exactly; before the new type it was very very difficult for gardevoir to face a steel type... now it will be impossible (unless they give her a decent fire or fighting move, which won't happen).
I don't think fairy being weak to steel makes sense, both from a logic standpoint and from a balance standpoint. Steel is a defensive type, so it makes sense that it has a lot of resistances but is good against just two rare types (ice and rock), because while it can safely face almost anything it won't kill it easily. I think being resistant to almost all the other types outweighs having two advantages (usefulness-wise).

Back