Finished Werewolf XXVI: Harmonic Divergence | Town Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was different. I was hoping for a clue on thengiht update. Loks like it was a little quite afterall.
Although i'm glad the independent has been eliminated. Their presence wouldnt effect the game much unless the equalist would have a way to recruit Tarlokk.
But thats the past.. They already dead.

Way to go geniuses, you lynched the survivors. Feel bad for Drohn, who couldn't do anything on his own. What a crap role.

Whoever supported Bigfoot's lynch should be policy lynched, starting with whoever pushed his wagon first.

Way to go geniuses, you lynched the survivors. Feel bad for Drohn, who couldn't do anything on his own. What a crap role.

Whoever supported Bigfoot's lynch should be policy lynched, starting with whoever pushed his wagon first.
##LYNCH: PMJ

Where was this defense of the survivors yesterday? This is such a see-through scum strategy. Let the town lynch a bad lynch, call them out on it the next day and try to push a lynch on one of the townies on said lynch. That's two days where the scum aren't being lynched.

TBH, I never really want to see Drohn's role in a game again. You got lucky that it was put on an inactive, IE, because I can tell you right now tha if I were given that role I would probably just ignore the game. It's a fairy interesting idea, but it would be really debilitating for most people getting stuck with it.

I thought this too Celever, but I was driving as I read this...

Where were you during the last day period @PMJ? Your vote could have prevented this!

Here are my supicions - Vom, Brave and Jeremy. More interestingly, those on my radar are the more inactive ones, as tbh, I'm not finding any of the overly active people very suspicious. I've split up the cases against Brave and Jeremy into separate posts to prevent confusion, so I apologise for posting thrice in a row. The 'case' against Vom will follow, as will my vote, however I suggest reading the two cases below before reading the vote.

First:@Vom

The play yesterday by Vom was extremely scummy. I suggest you just go back and read yourself if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

I am pretty positive Jeremy and Brave are scum lurkers, while I'm pretty sure Vom just made a scum misplay. Out of Jeremy and Brave (who I find scummier than Vom atm), I think that Brave is just a little bit scummier. There is more contradiction and lurking evident from Brave than Jeremy. Plus, Town Camo has predicted Brave is anti-town, and I'm quite inclined to believe him.

##VOTE: Brave Vesperia

Second: @Brave Vesperia

Brave has made a lovely total of 5 posts this game. Great.

RE: Werewolf XXVI: Harmonic Divergence | Day 1 Ends on the 22nd at 22:00 BST

Yay RVS.

##VOTE: Celever

Nice RVS.

Camoclone, what exactly makes you think KoN is scum again? I find your constant tunneling and admitting to it a tad scummy.

##UNVOTE: Celever
##VOTE: Camoclone

Bandwagon.

I was gonna post something among the lines of what you said, Celever but you beat me to it. :p

I also agree with you on Grant. I think we have a solid lynch candidate D2.

I suggest readers to check the original post here. Brave is inputting NOTHING. It sounds like Brave has tried to think about things, but in reality, saying something along the lines of 'I agree' is quite easy. You could have at the very least write what you would have said and been a bit more helpful.

Sorry everyone. I've been playing catch-up all night.

Anyways, I think Grant is actually Amon, who towards the end of season 1 was revealed to want to rid the world of Airbenders by taking away their bending. "I am town." probably activates his ability which takes away the bending of the players who admitted that they are town, or "benders" in this case.

As for Celever VS Camo, I stand by Celever's opinions on this. Camoclone is acting very strange and I see it as scummy for the reason that he is being both overly offensive and defensive and being a hypocrite by telling people to stop dodging his questions when he is doing so himself. For now, I see no reason to take my vote off of him.
Thanks for the information. Took you a while. However, that "I am town" speculation is extremely weak, and sounds like something you made up to cast suspicion. Plus, didn't you just before agree with Grant!?

And thanks for repeating the arguments of others that have been attacking/defending against Camo...

I have not been posting or really even browsing all that much because as some of you will know from reading my posts in the PokéBeach Chat Room (which I mainly have just been keeping open to poke in and chat every now and then), I hurt my knee pretty badly. That, along with work (yes, I work even with a fractured knee, gotta make money somehow :p) has severely been limiting my online time.

Anyways, onto the game. In response to "Town Brenton is flippy and isn't so confident.", I agree that this would normally be true. However, I would like to think that I have gotten better at WW and that I can be confident in what I say from now on.

This post was the first post of the Day, and obviously made to avoid modkill due to inactivity. It sounds like Brave has made time to prevent modkill ~20 minutes after the start of the day! Bad timing. Anyway, this post makes me pretty certain that Brave is trying to fly under the radar.

Firstly, you're on the chat, meaning you do have time spared online.

Secondly, you're on PB basically every day! Somehow you've managed to not have enough time for this WW game, while being able to spare time to catch up with the rest of the forums, including parts of the Forum Games!

Thirdly, when you were tagged for a reminder in the Challenge, you mentioned that 'you had forgot about the Forum Games'. I'm surprised you forgot to mention that you'd forgot.

Fourthly, no offence meant, but that fractured knee should not effect your online time overly much. Granted, you may need more rest or see the doctor occasionally, but that does not mean you cannot squeeze time in for WW.

Finally, you have contributed next to nothing. I think its pretty obviously with every single of your above posts that you have been trying to fly under the radar and seem like you're trying to be helpful with the few posts that you've made (i.e. lurk actively).

tl;dr
  • Brave has been flying under the radar (reasons above)
  • Brave has been trying to lurk actively
  • Brave is also being slightly contradictive

Third: @Jeremy1026

The case against Jeremy is very similar to the one against Brave. Jeremy even managed to post an equal amount to Brave! Outstanding!

Are we believing that the announcer is in fact Muffin? I kind of don't think it is because he seemed awfully excited that we killed a townie.
This seems pretty effortless. The first post you actually make in the game is casting suspicion, and actually answering a pretty simple question without much depth. In short, not helpful.

Vom, I'll take my cookies in the form of Chocolate Chip. -
Personally I never understood this. Plus, this was never actually helpful in creating discussion.

Reverse psychology much?

Vote: Bigfoot

So much later you decide to pop up when someone obviously not on your faction is being suspected. You write three words to cast more suspicion and then vote. Very insightful - talk about active lurking!

Because calling anyone who votes for you scum or dumb just reeks of reverse psych.

Thanks for being overly helpful in explaining. I'm sure most people could actually determine what you thought was reverse psychology, but you didn't actually say why. Sounds like you're backing up a weak argument using Camo's somewhat scummy RVS style of never explaining. Eitherway, this is not helpful.

Well, that was surely a long night for nothing to happen in.
What, so you had absolutely nothing to mention after that night and discussion of text!? Nice active lurking. This sounds more like a way to be safe from modkill, if you ask me.

Another thing I would like to note is that in XXVIV, Jeremy was a very active and helpful Town. So this play of his is noticeably different to his Town play.

tl;dr
  • Jeremy has also been flying under the radar (reasons above)
  • Jeremy has also been trying to lurk actively and be unhelpful
  • Jeremy is playing very different to XXVIV of when he was town.

##LYNCH: PMJ

Where was this defense of the survivors yesterday? This is such a see-through scum strategy. Let the town lynch a bad lynch, call them out on it the next day and try to push a lynch on one of the townies on said lynch. That's two days where the scum aren't being lynched.

Your argument would have more merit if I was defending someone else yesterday, or posting at all. You can't really claim that I let this happen, which leads me to

I thought this too Celever, but I was driving as I read this...

Where were you during the last day period @PMJ? Your vote could have prevented this!

I understand what you're getting at but I doubt my vote alone could have changed anything. PB town is always people who claim survivor unless there's a really good reason for them not to.

The fact that Drohn, who is always active, was never posting combined with the complexity of Bigfoot's role should have been a clear indicator that Bigfoot was telling the truth.

Your argument would have more merit if I was defending someone else yesterday, or posting at all. You can't really claim that I let this happen, which leads me to
Feigning inactivity is a thing.

PMJ said:
I understand what you're getting at but I doubt my vote alone could have changed anything. PokéBeach town is always people who claim survivor unless there's a really good reason for them not to.
I don't even understand what you mean here. Your vote along couldn't have changed where the lynch is going, but giving reasoning alongside this vote could have prevented it, which is REALLY obvious. Your second sentence doesn't make sense.

PMJ said:
The fact that Drohn, who is always active, was never posting combined with the complexity of Bigfoot's role should have been a clear indicator that Bigfoot was telling the truth.
Drohn has been inactive recently. Like, really inactive. Just look at kingdoms' update schedule. If he doesn't have the time to update his own game, not playing in this wasn't weird.

Complexity of a role doesn't show truth at all. I make quite a few complex roles when I design games, on all factions. Some standard roles are very complex (fisherman anyone?).

You should have made a one liner saying this yesterday. There's no excuse for not doing so if it was all so obvious like you're claiming now.

Feigning inactivity is a thing.

Yes it is, but not everyone who is inactive is simply lurking. I admit I lurked a couple times during day two but it was during the early day when no one was talking. I've been spending most of my time writing and it's been causing me to put other things off. I all but forgot about the Camelot game or whatever I was in, I completely forgot about this game, and I've been neglecting cac as well.

I don't even understand what you mean here. Your vote along couldn't have changed where the lynch is going, but giving reasoning alongside this vote could have prevented it, which is REALLY obvious. Your second sentence doesn't make sense.

What I meant is that I doubt that me backing them up would have prevented their lynch because pb almost always goes for survivors whenever they claim because the survivor's win condition is easily fakeable by serial killers, who also need to survive until the late game. There was only one kill on night one so there are no vigs or SKs in the setup. (If there were, one would have killed on n1, and if their role only allowed them to kill on even nights they would not have skipped the one chance to use their kill last night.) Granted, the town could not have known about there not being any strange kills during the second night becauseit hadn't happened yet, but the fact that only one person died n1 should have been a clue that Bigfoot wasn't lying.

Drohn has been inactive recently. Like, really inactive. Just look at kingdoms' update schedule. If he doesn't have the time to update his own game, not playing in this wasn't weird.

I'll take your word for it. I haven't seen him in the chat lately, either, so what you say makes sense.

Complexity of a role doesn't show truth at all. I make quite a few complex roles when I design games, on all factions. Some standard roles are very complex (fisherman anyone?).

Fisherman is not really a standard role (at least, not here, where it has been used in two, maybe three games?), and it's not at all complex. Most mafia roles aren't. What I mean is that Bigfoot's role would be hard to fake since it would require the cooperation of two players, and no scum is gonna risk his neck knowing that as soon as one dies, the other will get turbo lynched when the deceit is discovered.

You should have made a one liner saying this yesterday. There's no excuse for not doing so if it was all so obvious like you're claiming now.

I would have, had I been paying attention. But I wasn't, so I didn't, and there is nothing that can be done about it now except start looking at everyone on his wagon. I'd start with you but after flipping back a couple pages I see that you claimed somewhere? I'm trying to find it--might have to go back farther--but if you would re-claim that'd be cool.

i believed bigfoots Role, but the only reason they would be voted would be because drohn couldn't talk so Bigfoot could have easily claimed that as drohns role? If that makes sense... Anyways I tried to get Vom voted yesterday and I'm standing by that!

Early day, I'm going to jump on the pressure of ##VOTE: Vom. What was with trying so hard to end the day early yesterday?

PMJ, if you couldn't be bothered to participate yesterday, then you can't call out people today for lynching Bigfoot. Obviously Bigfoot was telling the truth about controlling Drohn, there was never any opposition to that, but there was a whole lot more to his role that we had no way of confirming. His role had the potential to be very dangerous, especially given who his character was. I still can't believe that Tarlokk's assistant was an actual role. I mean, seriously? If Tarlokk's blood-bending powers were heightened to the max, I'd imagine he'd go after someone a little more important than a secretary who he already was the boss of. [/grumble]

Anyway, I'm still for the Vom lynch. His activities yesterday merit suspicion, but I want to hear his defense before I actually place a vote on him.

Uh, yes I can? Otherwise you might as tell everyone with an inactivity warning they might as well stop playing because they have no business commenting on what's happened.

Now im not saying lets go for inactives because there's way too many (myself included) but shouldn't we consider the possibility that whoever is the alpha for the night kill was someone who has been extremely inactive, like 0 posts during day 2 or something? And maybe still is inactive if someone wants to take a look at login times and profiles and whatnot. Or it might have been someones ability but the wording seems to imply otherwise.

It sounds like it could have been a hook. I could see someone getting tired from being bent with something, right?

Celever and KoN are the two people who are the most scummy. When someone speaks out against one of them they both vote for that person. I am really upset that Keeper of Night is given a free pass because he allied with Celever early on. This just means he chose the right person to go with. Celever isn't even 100% confirmed.

VOTE:Keeper of Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back