BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

I've got quite a few questions:

1. Is it possible to earn all 33 Pass Powers through Dream World or do you have to take part in Entralink?

2. How do you do the Pokémon Musical Wi-Fi? I can't find it in Nimbasa City.

3. I saw a list of Pokémon you can find in Dream Isle but I noticed that some Pokémon I know that have Hidden Abilities aren't found there (such as Elgyem), how do you earn those Pokémon's Hidden Abilities if you can't find them in Dream Isle?

I dont know if this question has been asked but, how often do you get a female DW??? Ive been getting a lot lately and its odd, i thought they were very un common

chellochello said:
I don't know if this question has been asked but, how often do you get a female DW??? Ive been getting a lot lately and its odd, i thought they were very un common

If my memory serves me, all DW Pokémon have the same gender rate as you would see them in the wild.

ok, i know females can breed down the ability, but my friend told me they were like 1 in a million. Thanks groudon

GroudonKing said:

1. Is it possible to earn all 33 Pass Powers through Dream World or do you have to take part in Entralink?

2. How do you do the Pokémon Musical Wi-Fi? I can't find it in Nimbasa City.

3. I saw a list of Pokémon you can find in Dream Isle but I noticed that some Pokémon I know that have Hidden Abilities aren't found there (such as Elgyem), how do you earn those Pokémon's Hidden Abilities if you can't find them in Dream Isle?

1. The only way to get the Pass Powers is through the Entralink...the Pass Orbs are just from the DW.

2. As far as I know, you can't. You don't even do anything in the Musicals...

3. They haven't been released yet.

slickmario said:
GroudonKing said:
1. The only way to get the Pass Powers is through the Entralink...the Pass Orbs are just from the DW.

He's asking if he needs to partake in the multiplayer aspect. I don't know the answer, but I would think that the answer would be know, as the multiplayer just gives Pass Orbs.

1. You can't get any Pass Powers from the DW. You can get Pass Orbs, but the main source of Pass Orbs is the Entralink (with each mission you do, you get 4-6 Pass Orbs). As you probably already know, to get every Pass Power, you need to do at least 30 mission in someone else's Black version, and 30 more in someone else's White version.

2. You can't do Musicals via Wifi - just local Wireless. (I found this out myself.) It's the leftmost counter. Also one of the props you receive from the owner, the Tiara, can only be acquired after you do a musical with a friend. Getting all 100 of the Props will upgrade your trainer card by 1 stage.

3. unreleased, unfortunately. Don't know if they'll ever be released.

Umm... I have a question. I got the national Dex and I caught this Dratini. I was planning on evolving it, but my team is full. Which Pokemon should I remove?

-Oshawott lvl 67
-Serperior lvl 64
-Emboar lvl 66
-Haxorus lvl 69
-Zweilous lvl 59
-Gliscor lvl 66

I have a torkoal with 24 hp, 31 attk, 28 def, and 5 sPc. Attk ivs. I want to invest maximum health and defense. It is bold natured, because I wanted it to know iron defense, yawn, earth power, and lava plume. Serebii says at lv. 100 he will have 185 attk and 180 spc. Attk. Should I stick with earth power, or is earthquake better for the situation. I have e-quake on him from breeding for yawn anyways. Lava plume is staying for burn chance.

I suppose my advice would be more competitively-oriented in nature (dunno if you'd want to apply it instead to a strictly in-game setting), but instead of running Earthquake or Earth Power, I'd go with something different altogether. A Bold Torkoal has a great amount of potential for team support – often because of its prowess as a Rapid Spinner – rather than pure attacking or staying power via boosting its own stats. Here's a set that was probably most common for Torkoal in the 4th Generation metagame, but can certainly be applied to 5 Generation with a similar outcome (cited from Smogon):

Support
Torkoal
@Leftovers
Bold / Relaxed nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Moveset:
~ Stealth Rock
~ Rapid Spin
~ Lava Plume / Flamethrower
~ Yawn / Toxic / Explosion

I'd only use Earthquake if you wanted to substantiate its power with Curse, but otherwise Torkoal's relatively mediocre physical attack, lack of a surrounding physical movepool, and difficulty in running a mixed set due to said offensive mediocrity if heavy offensive EV investment isn't present render an endeavor in physical offense somewhat impractical. Similarly with Earth Power, if you really wanted to use it I suppose it wouldn't hurt all too much, but its power is relatively weak on Torkoal (compared to a sweeper that is) due to lack of STAB and the aforementioned offensive difficulties.

Thanks Gary. I think I'll keep iron defense, but get rid of earthquake for rapid spin.

Does anybody know if Legends (Specificly~victini) are allowed in the VGCs?

Just check the official ban list for the VGC's. However, I think it's just no ubers.

Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, and the unreleased Pokemon are banned.

I'm trying to get the trainer card color change for the musicals, is there any way to find how many props you have?

For some reason that doesn't work for me. However you can always go into a Musical and count all your accessories yourself. The trainer card level-up is when you hit 100, so you could also check your trainer card.

You get most during the musicals themselves, and only about 5 elsewhere. You can do the same musical over and over again, but when they stop giving you stuff and you know you don't have anywhere near 100, switch musicals and replay that constantly instead.

^Do you get the "can't use that now" message? It should tell you what you have (like the Case from DPPt).

Back