BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

BW Wi-Fi will not have any effect on 4th Gen Wi-Fi. However, if you decide to switch your router's security to WPA (BW support it), then you won't be able to connect with 4th Gen games (without switching back again, of course).

keldeo91 said:
I'm playing White using the DeSmuME emulator. I want to catch Victini, but don't have access to Wi-Fi with an emulator. Does anyone know the PokeSav Map number for Liberty Garden?

Um, Im not 100% sure but last time I checked this site was against any kind of hacking or discussion of it. You should ask a moderator whether or not this is alright to post.

However, if you decide to switch your router's security to WPA (BW support it), then you won't be able to connect with 4th Gen games (without switching back again, of course).
That's not totally true. WPA security just doesn't work with a DS phat or DS Lite - DSi model or newer can connect with WPA, regardless of the game being used.

DNA said:
However, if you decide to switch your router's security to WPA (BW support it), then you won't be able to connect with 4th Gen games (without switching back again, of course).
That's not totally true. WPA security just doesn't work with a DS phat or DS Lite - DSi model or newer can connect with WPA, regardless of the game being used.

That figures.. No wonder my DP wifi got resetted the moment I changed to WPASK on my Ds lite...

DSlite only reads WEPs so yeah.

SpaceBehemoth said:
keldeo91 said:
I'm playing White using the DeSmuME emulator. I want to catch Victini, but don't have access to Wi-Fi with an emulator. Does anyone know the PokeSav Map number for Liberty Garden?

Um, Im not 100% sure but last time I checked this site was against any kind of hacking or discussion of it. You should ask a moderator whether or not this is alright to post.
His original question where he was asking for a number for something that involves hacking is against the rules, but the general discussion of it without any "where do i get my codes" is generally ok. ROM discussion is likely to be less tolerated than AR discussion, though.
DNA said:
For any DSiWare games, the browser, the DSi SHop, and BW, WPA works (it works on BW because it has a DSi-specific function, and I guess other compatibility was implemented). But for Mario Kart and Platinum, I can personally say that they don't work.

Chariblaze said:
BW Wi-Fi will not have any effect on 4th Gen Wi-Fi. However, if you decide to switch your router's security to WPA (BW support it), then you won't be able to connect with 4th Gen games (without switching back again, of course).

It is set to WEP codes. I will not set it to anything else then XD. Thanks.:)

Sorry if this is stupid question, but I was just wondering, when does the Eevee Dream World event end? Is it in June, or July?

The little game to get an Eeveelution ended a while ago, but the opportunity to get your Eeveelution ends July 20th (in America).

sorry if this is known, but sometimes when I send out pokemon a gold glow emenates from underneath them...has anyone else experienced this/knows what it means?

It means your Pokemon is fat.

Heavy Pokemon will glow that stuff when they hit the field.

Also:

se1cM.png

This is James Turner, the only American who designed Pokemon and the reason we have abominations like Vullaby and Vanilluxe. Now we have to deal with them forever.

Um, is that right? Id so at what point do they glow? And I actually like vanilluxe, mine literally evolved 2 minutes before I looked at this.

It means they are heavy. It's not a glow, it's dust and dirt coming up from the ground upon impact. Pokemon that do this are considered heavyweights (220.1 lbs and above). Venusaur is the first Pokemon by weight to do this (220.5 lbs), so anything heavier than Venusaur will make the impact. It's supposed to be a sign that the Pokemon is heavy enough for Low Kick or Grass Know to do a decent amount of damage, or that the Pokemon will take less damage from Heavy Slam or Heat Crash.

@Slickmario
thanks then, I thought it had to do with stat totals, lvl, or move power. I thought it was gold sparks, haha. That makes a lot of sense and is smart of them to include that, anyway thanks. I wish there was a way to give you a +1 or something on this site :/

Can someone tell me how the Dream World actually works?

Like leveling up, trading with you all, etc? Because I really don't understand the obsession with DW females and whatnot.

I'd appreciate it if you guys and gals could help.

I'm not sure of your question, but let's see...

When you access the Dream World, you can get berries that you normally couldn't, and Pokemon that you normally couldn't get in BW without trading. These Pokemon also have special abilities that they normally don't have. After you transfer these Pokemon back to your game, you can capture them in the Entralink. Normally, having a Pokemon with a special ability is exclusive; however, if a Female DW Pokemon is bred with a Pokemon of the same species (I'm not sure of that part), there's a 50% chance that the ability could be passed down.

Chariblaze said:
I'm not sure of your question, but let's see...

When you access the Dream World, you can get berries that you normally couldn't, and Pokemon that you normally couldn't get in BW without trading. These Pokemon also have special abilities that they normally don't have. After you transfer these Pokemon back to your game, you can capture them in the Entralink. Normally, having a Pokemon with a special ability is exclusive; however, if a Female DW Pokemon is bred with a Pokemon of the same species (I'm not sure of that part), there's a 50% chance that the ability could be passed down.

Ooooooohhh...ok I see. Yeah you answered I think. So the thing is to get the abilities from DW and put them into BorW via entralink and that's what people look for?

Yep. All Pokemon encountered there have exclusive abilities you can't get without the Dream World (besides Darmantian and Musharna). Most of the time, they also have exclusive attacks that they can't learn without breeding.

@Chariblaze
I'm pretty sure it's a 33% chance of passing down the ability...

The chance of passing down a Dream World/hidden ability (provided the mother is the one who has it) is 40% according to Bulbapedia. Musharna and Darmanitan can also pass down their hidden abilities (Telepathy and Zen Mode) this way.

Back