BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

Oh. I thought Route 18 wasn't related. So, then technically, Route One is Eighteen. ._.

Thanks. I have a lot of steps to go, it seems.

Lucky Fire said:
Oh. I thought Route 18 wasn't related. So, then technically, Route One is Eighteen. ._.

Thanks. I have a lot of steps to go, it seems.
No, Route 1 is Route 1, and Route 18 is Route 18. Look at the bottom right corner of the Town Map; there are two routes 17 and 18 that branch off. (The map says they branch off from Nuvema Town but they actually branch off from a hidden part of Route 1, accessible via Surf.)

Do Jirachi bonus disks from Colloseum ever run out of Jirachis or is it one time only? Ive seen a disk at a game store at a flea market a while back and want to know if whoever buys/bought it (is getting/got) ripped off.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
Do Jirachi bonus disks from Colloseum ever run out of Jirachis or is it one time only? Ive seen a disk at a game store at a flea market a while back and want to know if whoever buys/bought it (is getting/got) ripped off.

Since it's disc-based, they'll never run out; simply finish the demo, transfer the Jirachi, delete the save data from the memory card, and repeat.

Chariblaze said:
Since it's disc-based, they'll never run out; simply finish the demo, transfer the Jirachi, delete the save data from the memory card, and repeat.
Mmmhmm... If they still have it, I might consider buying it. They might've sold it by now.

Cooltrainer Alan said:

You should've bought it and sent it to me It would have unlimited Jirachis, as it is a disk.

This is a bit of a tough question:

In Generation 5, Feraligatr only has one of 2 moves it can choose from breeding LISTED: Ice Punch and Aqua Jet.

If I brought over a Floatzel from Generation 4, knowing the above moves, and bred it with Feraligatr, will the offspring Totodile know these moves?

JetpackPercy said:
If I brought over a Floatzel from Generation 4, knowing the above moves, and bred it with Feraligatr, will the offspring Totodile know these moves?

Yes. I did the exact same thing with my mine.

Rusticks said:
Yes. I did the exact same thing with my mine.

But Serebii said you can't breed-

Oh, I get it now. As Ice Punch's an Egg move for Totodile, it counts, right? And as the fact that Pokémon Breeding allows you to put as much as 4 egg moves, like when I did Scraggy/Smeargle breeding...

SIR, YOU ARE A GODSEND LIFESAVER!

If I have my Wi-Fi data on my 3DS and I wanted to use my DS lite at a VGC event, Could I use my DS lite instead of my 3DS or would there be some sort of issue??

There wouldn't be an issue. Since VGCs don't involve Wi-Fi at all, nothing could be erased.

person question:

will JPN BW2 works on my crappy AU ds lite? lol

Jade said:
person question:

will JPN BW2 works on my crappy AU ds lite? lol

The DS isn't region locked so it will work fine. Only if you play on the DSi, will it not work.

Delta said:
The DS isn't region locked so it will work fine. Only if you play on the DSi, will it not work.

DSi and 3DS are both region locked, IIRC

^Correct.
Anything DSi and newer is region locked...even for such purposes as DS Download Play.

If I use a hack to hatch a shiny pokemon in a Gen 4 game, and then transfer it to black, the pokemon is considered hacked, right? The only hack used is a shiny hatcher one.

pokemonjoe said:
If I use a hack to hatch a shiny pokemon in a Gen 4 game, and then transfer it to black, the pokemon is considered hacked, right? The only hack used is a shiny hatcher one.

Yes, it still is. However, if the shiny is bred, the offspring isn't considered hacked.

JetpackPercy said:
Yes, it still is. However, if the shiny is bred, the offspring isn't considered hacked.
So, if I breed two hacked pokemon the offspring isn't hacked no matter what?

Back