BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

Old age.
No really.

They don't read as well over time. It's not something to freak out over.
Freezing midgame is not something I've had happen often, but it isn't unheard of. My Emerald sometimes does it.

Well my Diamond and Pearl are 5 years old now and they don't freeze and my HG and White are fairly new so that is why I was wondering why it froze too. My DS is 5 years old. I cleaned the connector yesterday on the sides and the to pf it with a Q tip and a drop of alcohol which is recommended by Nintendo and also my older brother which has been there for over 20 years now. but I can't get the Q tip to do the sides of the connector itself though.:)

It could just be the DS being wonky. Any number of things could be the cause; it's just things being weird. If you find the problem it should go away.

When I cleaned the connector to my DS there was the black gunk stuff on the Q tip. I have to find something small enough to get into the small shaft to clean the side of it though. I just took some black stuff of the connector on my Platinum so hopefully that fixed it XD. Thanks man. I did not see anything on the other carts though.:)

This question has bugged me for a while, and I'm not really sure if this fits into 'Competive Battling' or this thread, but here goes:

Let's say Whimsicott A uses Taunt, while Whimsicott B uses Leech Seed. Both Whimsicott are 252 Spd, and are Impish natured. Both IVs are 31 in Speed. Both have Prankster. Which Whimsicott goes first?

Asumming that neither are holding Choice Scarf or has had any boosts, it should be a random selection made by the games.

Blui129 said:
Asumming that neither are holding Choice Scarf or has had any boosts, it should be a random selection made by the games.

Exactly. This concept applies to any battling Pokemon that have the same exact Speed with no speed-modifying items, stat modifications, abilities, as well as no moves that have abnormal move priorities (though if both Pokemon use something like Quick Attack, it'll still be a random selection).

What do I do when my games do not work on my DS Lite? Everything was working fine today and now my White version and other Pokemon games do not show up when inserted. I checked the connector and it looks like one of the pins on the DS is bent. I looked at troubleshooting in my manual and online at Nintendo's site and they do not even register that there is a game card in the slot. What do I do? Thanks guys.:)

You might have to gently blow on the connectors before inserting it into the DS. (Those are the little copper things that are exposed.) You may have to do this a few times. I know because my Platinum and HG occasionally do this, and my Diamond does it virtually all the time. However, I only need to blow on it once, maybe twice, and I'm good to go. Then I can just leave the game in the system for a while.

Blowing ruins the game connectors even more XD. I think one of the DS's copper pins is bent but is very hard to see though XD. I had to use a magnifying glass and I can barely see it if I put it directly into the light. None of my game cards work. White is brand new practically XD. It is not even 8 months old yet XD.:)

You don't understand. one of the pins looks bent but is had to tell. I don't know what to do to fix that. If one is bent it will not connect to and of the gamecards XD.:)

...I was addressing something completely different; I wasn't talking about the bent pins.
Yeah, if the pin is bent it won't read well. That has nothing to do with gently blowing on the cartridge.

I tried everything and it still does not work. How can I fix that XD? I don't have anything small to fix it since I might damage the other pins there.:)

Hello.I was wondering if anyone has a shiny charmander in pokemon black and or white.

Use this thread. -Chariblaze

Is there a way to check if a pokemon is truly from a different language other then OT and Pokemon name?

Castformfan, you could put it in the Daycare with an Everstone and see if that trick works. Not a 100% accurate thing, but it wouldn't work if one parent was foreign.

I am unsure what trick you are referring to.I stopped playing pokemon for about 6 months,sorry.

When two Pokemon breed, if one parent is holding the Everstone, there is a 50% chance that the Pokemon you hatch will have the same nature as the parent that was holding the Everstone. It only works if the two Pokemon are from the same country, though.

Back